All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

Guest davidwhangchoi

ahh persona golden and valkyria chronicles 2 that's the only reason i'd get it as well as a few jrpgs since i sold my 1st gen vita and psp. i think amazon was selling the bundled one with 8gb card and the ps3 controller for 79.99 but i missed it.

maybe i'll get the bundled one on clearance for 50. lol

been playing breath of fire IV, wow, this is a really good game. my first entry into the series.

I strongly recommend Breath of Fire - Dragon Quarter next. Admittedly, I haven't played any of the previous BoF games, but Dragon Quarter is good enough that I occasionally play the game on my PS2 even now, but have never touched any of the other PS2 games ever since I bought a PS3. I really liked the characters and storyline.

And it's not like there aren't any good games for the Vita. Persona 4 Golden alone makes a strong case for the system (although, if you have a PS3, you could always buy the PS2 classic non-Golden version).

Muramasa, if for some reason you skipped the Wii version.

Apparently, Sayonara Umihara Kawase is getting a Vita version. That's a strong argument, too.

Thing is, even if you get the Vita TV on sale cheap, you're still looking at a memory card, which is currently around $40 for a 16GB that will still fill up too fast.

Yeah, that's the biggest problem with the Vita in general. Stupid expensive proprietary memcards. Hell, Memory Stick was bad enough, but at least large enough to fit a MicroSD adapter into the slot.

Personally, I think the Vita should've had HDMI out built in. There's a lot of pins in the charge port on the mark 1, I'm all but certain some of them provide video out. Just no hardware was ever provided to enable it.

Failing that... Vita->PS3/4 streaming.

Hell, build the Vita chipset INTO the PS4. PS4 already has an ARM coprocessor, splurge a little and make it Vita-compatible. Add a card slot, so you can use Vita memcards and game cards. Streaming is for chumps.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I strongly recommend Breath of Fire - Dragon Quarter next. Admittedly, I haven't played any of the previous BoF games, but Dragon Quarter is good enough that I occasionally play the game on my PS2 even now, but have never touched any of the other PS2 games ever since I bought a PS3. I really liked the characters and storyline.

was it just released on ps2? my current ps3/4 combo doesn't play ps2 games but my launch ps3 did. then it got the ylod :(

Guest davidwhangchoi

Far as I know, it never got a Windows port.

darn it...

sorta videogame related, (i guess more wii u) but i got this in the mail today.

IMG_2093_zpsazkfypus.jpg

now to get a wii u to put it to use

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I'm not into the whole Amiibo thing, and even I know that's a big find. Congrats, David.

As for Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter, you could always try an PlayStation 2 emulator. PS2 emulation isn't as rock solid as some of the older consoles, but PCSX2 ran well enough for me to replay MS Saga awhile back.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'm not into the whole Amiibo thing, and even I know that's a big find. Congrats, David.

As for Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter, you could always try an PlayStation 2 emulator. PS2 emulation isn't as rock solid as some of the older consoles, but PCSX2 ran well enough for me to replay MS Saga awhile back.

thanks, looks like i need a ps2 bios to run the emulator. i actually have a ps2 locked up somewhere in storage to obtain a sys bios legit but reading the instructions it seems you need to run homebrew on the ps2 to extract the bios from a ps2 hardware. too complicated.. (i got a bios for my psone emulator online through searching) but that was like ages ago.

ah let me see if i can get past the 1/3 of BOF IV without losing interest in it. which seems to be happening alot these days. i think having a huge backlog is detrimental to my attention span.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i just got my copy of bloodborne in the mail. anyone else get this game? i'm prob going to have to wait till later to play it. normally i buy games later on when they drop in price since i'm not in a hurry but bestbuy sent me a 50 dollar coupon to use which was expiring soon for screwing up an order, so i picked this up.

Anyone else playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate? I've put 66+ hours into it and love every minute though I will need to find people to do gathering hall stuff with. I haven't put this much time into a game since the Macross PSP franchise.

Edited by kanedaestes

i just got my copy of bloodborne in the mail. anyone else get this game? i'm prob going to have to wait till later to play it. normally i buy games later on when they drop in price since i'm not in a hurry but bestbuy sent me a 50 dollar coupon to use which was expiring soon for screwing up an order, so i picked this up.

I just got the game as a bundle with my PS4 today. I was planning to get FF Type 0, but the bundle was cheaper and had a 2 year warranty plus some freebies.

You played it yet? Is it infuriatingly difficult, or can you level-grind to even the odds? I personally don't have a taste for super-hard games, but I'm willing to give it a try.

I passed, since I heard it's like Dark Souls and I just don't have the patience I used to for hard games. I heard it's really good, though. Like, better than Dark Souls II.

I heard the same too; just hope my skills are up to the task.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I just got the game as a bundle with my PS4 today. I was planning to get FF Type 0, but the bundle was cheaper and had a 2 year warranty plus some freebies.

You played it yet? Is it infuriatingly difficult, or can you level-grind to even the odds? I personally don't have a taste for super-hard games, but I'm willing to give it a try.

not yet, i have a huge backlog. playing ps1 classic breath of fire iv currently.

not yet, i have a huge backlog. playing ps1 classic breath of fire iv currently.

Incidentally, I'm in no hurry to start playing Bloodborne myself. I mean, I'll still have to test out my PS4 using the game, but I'm currently addicted to Valkyria Chronicles.

As it happens, all that save data I backed up from my old PS3 was for nothing, as you can't use save data from another PS3. So now I'm going through all my old games from scratch, and it was surprisingly fun playing through them again after all these years.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i wish i could, but hard games i need to focus a huge block of time for trial and error but pre occupied with other things to commit to it. i can't even get into ff13-3 or -2 because it's a little harder than i care for and not into the story to get past it. bloodborne looks like it'll be worth it though.

any RE fans out there? i'm thinking of getting revelations 2 but not sure if i should wait till the retails disc is 20 bucks or should i buy it digital.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

i wish i could, but hard games i need to focus a huge block of time for trial and error but pre occupied with other things to commit to it. i can't even get into ff13-3 or -2 because it's a little harder than i care for and not into the story to get past it. bloodborne looks like it'll be worth it though.

any RE fans out there? i'm thinking of getting revelations 2 but not sure if i should wait till the retails disc is 20 bucks or should i buy it digital.

I think FF 13 itself was actually harder than the sequels because of the level capping. 13-3 aka Lightning Returns is somewhat manageable if you literally take the time to complete side quests for EP, or souls, or whatever the game uses to level up your stats. There's also an option to do a "new game plus" restart in case you just don't have the stats to face the final boss.

Been a while since I played FF 13-2, so I don't remember much about it. I remember the gameplay was a little addictive (I don't mind a little level grinding), but beyond that, it's just one convoluted jumble of time-traveling nonsense that just flew right over my head.

Because they suck

The plots totally sucked, I agree. I found the gameplay decent though, but then I'm a fan of Dynasty Warriors, so my standards in gaming aren't exactly high. :lol:

Guest davidwhangchoi

I think FF 13 itself was actually harder than the sequels because of the level capping. 13-3 aka Lightning Returns is somewhat manageable if you literally take the time to complete side quests for EP, or souls, or whatever the game uses to level up your stats. There's also an option to do a "new game plus" restart in case you just don't have the stats to face the final boss.

Been a while since I played FF 13-2, so I don't remember much about it. I remember the gameplay was a little addictive (I don't mind a little level grinding), but beyond that, it's just one convoluted jumble of time-traveling nonsense that just flew right over my head.

The plots totally sucked, I agree. I found the gameplay decent though, but then I'm a fan of Dynasty Warriors, so my standards in gaming aren't exactly high. :lol:

well, you got further than me in 13-2, i got to the first boss, that huge monster right in the beginning and couldn't get past his second or third encounter so after 3 tries i just stopped. i wasn't interested in figuring out a strategy to beat him.

13-1 i beat it, but i think i got into farming the rare Platinum Ingot drops and used them to forge weapons. i think there was a strategy to spam the death spell on those huge elephant-like creatures. after i got bored, i decided to beat it. once i traded in my lauch ps3 and forgot to move my saves files, that was it. i didn't want to get near ff13.

well, you got further than me in 13-2, i got to the first boss, that huge monster right in the beginning and couldn't get past his second or third encounter so after 3 tries i just stopped. i wasn't interested in figuring out a strategy to beat him.

13-1 i beat it, but i think i got into farming the rare Platinum Ingot drops and used them to forge weapons. i think there was a strategy to spam the death spell on those huge elephant-like creatures. after i got bored, i decided to beat it. once i traded in my lauch ps3 and forgot to move my saves files, that was it. i didn't want to get near ff13.

Huge monster? You mean that red dragon thing? I think you can just run past it or take a detour. Once you start leveling up, that thing's a breeze.

Yeah, one playthrough of FF13 was more than enough for me too. I spent 4 frakking hours on that one final boss fight, and I never want to go through that ever again. Those elephant things were too hard to kill even with the death spell because it never sticks. After a couple of tries, I just gave up and never played again.

BTW, I can't even use my backed up save files on my new PS3. No matter what game I play, it keeps saying that the file's from another user, and either can't be loaded, or once loaded, it refuses to save any progress in that session.

Guest davidwhangchoi

damn hunting for amiibos is addicting... i just missed jigglypuff :mellow:

went amiibo hunting today and got Ness from gamestop.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

damn amiibo hunting had me up all night trying to pre-order. freakin a few of them last 2 mins. anyways, i don't really need these just the thrill of the hunt is exciting.

back to gaming i've been playing breath of fire IV a bit further and damn.. why didn't i get into it earlier. Thanks to Mike S. for his help, i'm going to try and look for the back log of breath of fire gms in the future.

on pc i've been playing momento mori (really old point and click adventure) just to doodle around and get into a mystery. the story is interesting so far.

going back to gunpla after recovering from amiibo pre-ordering.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I just don't get why so many people are so in love with Amiibos, the quality on them is so bad.

tbh, i'm just addicted to hard to find things that are remotely aligned with things i like such as nintendo, trasformers or macross. i doubt i'll have a use for them.

but the yarn yoshi looks like i'll open and pet him.

amiibo_YoshisWoollyWorld_05.0.jpg