• 2 weeks later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

This came in today: (i wish i had modeling skills but i guess just having fun building it will have to do)

photo5_zps87a8c738.jpgphoto4_zps71e14635.jpgphoto3_zps653bbe95.jpgphoto2_zpsb6e66dec.jpgphoto11_zps489b61b6.jpg

the colors of this maroon/purple/pink shade is beautiful.

justice gundam is my favorite bc it's the gundam that saves the world at the end of seed. kira just has some emo dialogue while athrun blows up the station:)

This came in today: (i wish i had modeling skills but i guess just having fun building it will have to do)

photo5_zps87a8c738.jpgphoto4_zps71e14635.jpgphoto3_zps653bbe95.jpgphoto2_zpsb6e66dec.jpgphoto11_zps489b61b6.jpg

the colors of this maroon/purple/pink shade is beautiful.

justice gundam is my favorite bc it's the gundam that saves the world at the end of seed. kira just has some emo dialogue while athrun blows up the station:)

Those RG's really don't acquire any modeling skills other than following the directions. You don't need to paint anything unless you want too (like the figurines if you wanna you could, just, hard). Just a tip, when you finish a section not saying an entire limb, but every time you finish a litteral area, flip to the markings side and start applying anything in that area. It makes things super easy on you cause some part could get in the way for a clean application. I had to kind of do that with the Destiny's booster pack. It'll take you longer to build the kit, by you'll have a much nicer looking kit for taking that time.

Guest davidwhangchoi

cool! thanks for the decal tips. glad these don't need too much modelling skills. and i think i have small clipper for the small parts.

chucked up a review of the rg justice to drool over:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

cool! thanks for the decal tips. glad these don't need too much modelling skills. and i think i have small clipper for the small parts.

chucked up a review of the rg justice to drool over:

Man, I love the Justice Gundam, but the design they used for the wings on the RG turns me off. I'll get one eventually though.

Aegis and Justice were my least favorites in the Seed verse.....might be the colors, but I think it's more the fact of the booster for justice, and alt form for Aegis.

I'm digging the RG Exia...it's on my hit list after I move and get situated. I really really want it.

I read that whole scribing article and am very interested - thanks for posting that link.

In other questions -

Is there photo out there anywhere that shows the 1/100 MG Marasai beside the conversion kit -- to show the difference?

From the pics I've seen I much prefer the conversion kit look, but that might just be the photos . . .

• 2 weeks later...

I found this review of the RG Exia. Although I don't understand a thing he was saying(I even turned on the useless automatic captions), the review is very entertaining and funny. So much more than the english reviewers that I actually watched till it ended.

I found this review of the RG Exia. Although I don't understand a thing he was saying(I even turned on the useless automatic captions), the review is very entertaining and funny. So much more than the english reviewers that I actually watched till it ended.

Awesome - thank you for sharing that!

I was alarmed when I saw so many stickers for the green parts, because I thought that would look cheesy, but it looks like they go on under the clear pieces rather than over them. Cool! I wish the reviewer had done more to show the arm articulation and how the GN cables there work. Other than that, great review - even without understanding the language, it answered a lot of my questions about this kit.

Does this mean it's out now? The last I saw, HLJ had delayed it into May.

Yea it's already released but HLJ is always out of stock. It says May because the current batch is already sold out (like most of their Gunpla kits). Usually to secure a kit from HLJ you must order earlier before release/rerelease because they usually sell out in an instant. Your best bet is to buy it at other sites like Hobby Search, Amiami etc.

a steel ruler, some scribing tools and a lot of patience.

I think you need more tools than that to get the best effects. I wrote a little tutorial about it on this forum (more about rescribing, but a lot of the same techniques apply), which I can expand on if anybody is interested.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35120&page=47#entry1052913

Bandai does a short initial run with a bigger run 2-3 weeks later, don't worry there will be enough kits to go round.

Hobby Search pissed me off a few times, pre-order was not filled on a 1st run than they cancelled the order before it was reissued. That happened a few times.

HLJ will fill all placed orders even if it takes some time.

I am placing an order now for one, goes into my PW.

Getting a big delivery from HLJ/PW on Thursday.

Forgot not sure if HLJ is working today, public Holiday and start of Golden Week? 3rd-6th are also public holidays.

Edited by CrazyDude

• 2 weeks later...

It's really weird seeing Gundam models in my local Barnes & Noble!

I've heard they may even carry Robot Damashii figures down the line too. I'm guessing that anything Bluefin distributes for Bandai has the potential to show up inside a B&N.

BTW, is there any news on when a MG Jesta Cannon will be coming out?

I've heard they may even carry Robot Damashii figures down the line too. I'm guessing that anything Bluefin distributes for Bandai has the potential to show up inside a B&N.

BTW, is there any news on when a MG Jesta Cannon will be coming out?

None yet, but im gonna smack someone if it ends up as a P-Bandai webshop exclusive. >:( They've really been abusing too much

I wonder if the new category is going to be retroactive to a degree, i.e. Bandai is recognizing a division in the Master Grade line that already exists. If you compare certain 2013 releases, like the Tallgeese vs the Sazabi ver. Ka, there is already a massive range in detail, complexity, and price within the MG line.