Transformers Super Thread 9

eriku

I just picked up tf2 swerve and arcee. Arcee does have a weird "spine"

That you"ll have to adjust to your liking. The instructions just make it look weird

And off balance. Anyway there's a part on her back that moves and looks like you can

Connect something to it. Is this a combo bot? Do I have to get chroma too?

Edited by Negotiator

I just picked up tf2 swerve and arcee. Arcee does have a weird "spine"

That you"ll have to adjust to your liking. The instructions just make it look weird

And off balance. Anyway there's a part on her back that moves and looks like you can

Connect something to it. Is this a combo bot? Do I have to get chroma too?

As I understand it, Arcee, Chromia, and a third motorcycle combine into one robot.

For those of you who own HA Bumblebee and Sideswipe: are they worth the $30 upgrade from the Deluxe versions?? I've seen the video reviews and they both look awesome in car Alternators-sized mode, but the robot mode ... meh, same as the Deluxes, no??
Yes they are worth it. They have a significant jump in detail, features, and in my opinion, playability. Very sturdy toys and robot modes look great, better than the deluxes in my opinion. The only thing that the deluxe Sideswipe has over the HA version is being able to integrate the back kibble much better. Also better range of motion for the legs. Other than that, the HA version is more detailed and just has more going on with it.

Did anyone here pick up the Marvel TF Iron Man + Spider-Man combiner?
I did. Not bad, very sturdy and the "gerwalk" mode can be made to look better just by utilizing more of the moving parts.

The separate robots are decent, what hurts them the most is lack of paint and very bright yellow. I would have preferred crimson and gold for Iron Man, like the movie colors, instead of bright yellow and red. Though this may have been done as an homage to Bob Layton's space armor design, as the mold for this figure takes cues from it and it was very bright in the comics.

Spiderman really needs a paint wash to bring out the molded line details. This is also the most articulated Spiderman Crossovers figure so far.

Yes they are worth it. They have a significant jump in detail, features, and in my opinion, playability. Very sturdy toys and robot modes look great, better than the deluxes in my opinion. The only thing that the deluxe Sideswipe has over the HA version is being able to integrate the back kibble much better. Also better range of motion for the legs. Other than that, the HA version is more detailed and just has more going on with it.

Thanks for the feedback Shin. I'm leaning towards getting HA Bumblebee, but hesitating with HA Sideswipe. But I know that the compulsive collector in me will want to "catch 'em all", if I start buying the TF HA ROTF toyline. :ph34r: And they do seem to look awesome alongside the TF Alternators.

Edited by Vermillion21

As for the three motorcycles, last word I saw was an interview that said that the third bike WILL be coming out next year, but that there will be no instructions on how to combine them.

We're all, me included, assuming this means that the features to let them combine will be there, they just won't tell us how to do it.

I've only seen one pic of someone trying to combine Chromia and Arcee (both of whom I have, but haven't had time to muck around with Arcee since I got her a couple nights back), I think on TFW2005. Can anyone point me to other pics of people's attempts at combining them?

Well, I finally got around to opening my Encore Bruticus and putting all the stickers on the Combaticons. Dag. I gotta admit that I LOVE the stickers in G1 toys. They are just so wonderfully retro! Not just by virtue of being stickers instead of molded details, but also because they are usually so ridiculously zany. Vents are ok, but what I love is when the sticker features what appears to be lights and criss-crossed wires :) It's like "internal robot organs" that have no armor on them or something... :) It's silly but it's fun. It seems o have been added to make them all look more "robotic" or something :)

I haven't noticed any signs of mold degeneration at all. I am also thrilled that they used the Ruination weapons design because I do actually prefer to be able to stick ALL the extra parts onto Bruticus (even found a nifty place for Brawl's double barrel gun!) and it really makes the figure look all the more imposing and heavily armored (which, for a COMBATicon is something I want)...

I'm happy. I always loved this combiner team. I like the fact that it says Scramble City on the box too.

I am really impressed with the Encore line. Much better than TFC thanks to the retro boxes!

Pete

Yeah...

I read all the online ranting about "mould degeneration" on Bruticus, and about how it's just a repaint of Ruination..and I don't believe it.

Regarding the "mould degeneration" - I see absolutely no sign of it. That is to say; I see no sign of anything bad in these figures beyond what was "bad" in the original G1 line anyways. But complaining that your reissue retro 80s toys have the same faults of the original 80s toys is...well...beside the point.

As for it being a repaint of Ruination.... I don't think so, because Encore Onslaught has a spring-loaded feature that was absent on Ruination as well as on the Hasbro Bruticus. In fact, the only Onslaught toy to EVER have this spring loaded feature in the 80s was....Scramble City Onslaught, that is to say - the Japanese version of the toy.

So what we have here is a pure Japanese Bruticus toy, which is fine by me.

Pete

I just picked up the HA Bumblebee and I'm glad that I did. Awesome figure, especially after you make the leg mod. I may have to add sideswipe soon.

Does anyone know when the HA Barricade is supposed to be released?

Hope they re-issue more of the Gestalts, especially the Protectobots since they were my favorite. It's just a shame these re-issues didn't have diecast in them like the first run of the originals.

I’m gonna have to strengthen his elbow joints because it’s just too much for one teeny ball joint to support all that forearm armor (and that’s without holding a blaster). Overall, I have no regrets with the purchase. I loved Superion as a kid and to see this new form from Fansproject is a real treat.

IMG_1634.jpg

I've only seen one pic of someone trying to combine Chromia and Arcee (both of whom I have, but haven't had time to muck around with Arcee since I got her a couple nights back), I think on TFW2005. Can anyone point me to other pics of people's attempts at combining them?

Anybody?