1/72nd scale monster V2.0....any interest????

mslz22

Ok, looks like this is a go, i have made some progress on the foot, which I have significantly reshaped, and as of now have completely hollowed out and removed the lower pad and toe, as well as the rear thingy. Looks like right now my plan is to rework the way the struts attach to the foot, to look significantly more realistic, and built to look more like the struts attach to "tubes" within the foot. The struts will still be fixed for strength and all the poseabilty will come from the hip joint and the upper foot to foot pad joint, which will now be on a ball joint, with the foot being cast into at least 4 parts, upper foot, toe, lowerpad and rear stabilizer pad. This will make more sense when i can get a pic up...

I have been reworking the body some more, as well as the main engine compartment. I have reworked the engine compartment to be about 1/4 inch shorter, and 1/4 inch longer, so that it tucks up against the main body better, and gives the upper legs a bit more clearance. I am also going to rework detail on this part...

I will put up some WIP pics tomorrow..

thanks

mike

Hey Guys, i know i promised a pic tonight but i am doing one last revision on the body and foot tonight....I feel like i am closing on on the changes i want on these parts and will post a pic when I get some primer on stuff tomorrow......that foot is a tough one to nail down, and it does not help that it appears a few different ways in both line art/box art and previous models.

thanks

mike

Hey Guys, i know i promised a pic tonight but i am doing one last revision on the body and foot tonight....I feel like i am closing on on the changes i want on these parts and will post a pic when I get some primer on stuff tomorrow......that foot is a tough one to nail down, and it does not help that it appears a few different ways in both line art/box art and previous models.

thanks

mike

That's ok, Mike, we'll forgive you...for now...for now... :p

Someone just sent me this pic of the Wave prototype - hadn't seen a pic this good until now. Just look at all the nice fixes!

No pressure, then. :p

post-7502-1258678188_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kremmen

Ok, a couple of pics of the modded body, this is still very rough at this point, but i have the shape i want in regard to the nose, and the now shorter and rounder sidepanels, as well as an overall rounder appearance to the sides of the body, you can really see a difference if you check out the pics of the v1 in the first post. Now i can replicate this on the other side, fill all the scratches and panel lines, smooth everything out and then build up the details again so they will all be nice and sharp. You can also see the main engine compartment has been reduced in height by about 1/4 inch, and will be lengthened by 1/8-1/14 inch and get a fresh set of panel lines and detailing as well.

thanks

mike

001.jpg

003.jpg

I'm glad to see your back on it after a slight break. Out of your numbered list of improvements, I think you need a #8: Optional Garage to put said model in :lol: I'm glad to see the posts. Keep 'em coming! - MT

Hey Guys, been busy buttoning up a couple of other projects but i am back on this some this weekend, i will get an update of what i get done on monday, my wife is having our 2nd kid any day now so if i don't show up for a while i am just busy changing diapers.....this should still be on track for March...

thanks

mike

Take your time Mike. I'm sure anyone who is interested in this will stick around for it.

Hey, best wishes for your new family addition. It sounds like the Good Lord is giving you an amazing gift this Christmas!

Hi Mike.

What's the timeframe on the re-vamped Monster? I assume you've still got my details from last time?

To all:

Have an AWESOME Christmas and a MONSTER 2010 . . .sorry; couldn't resist and someone had to say it!!!

Graham, Liverpool.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been building this in my head... I'm thinking a non-canon paint scheme, heavily weathered, with some cool nose art.

Keep my dreams moving, post more pictures!! :D

So, is this sacrilegious? I love seeing the examples members post of their takes on paint schemes, eras, and genres, but do others? I would keep this as Macross, but I'm thinking a heavily weathered dark/light grey scheme, like PetarB's Commanchero.

Maybe this is worthy of its own thread (and more than likely it's there already), but canon vs non-canon? Especially on a piece as pricey and as limited as this.

-Matt

OK Mike

Must get my glasses changed: I seem to have missed the "on target for March" first time around! :rolleyes:

Busy saving for Monster rainy day, sometime in March!! :D

Hope youngster #2 arrived safely.

All the best,

Graham.

Hey Guys, this is still on, my wife just had our 2nd baby over the holidays, we are back home and after a week break i will be back at work on this for a very early spring release, likely mid march. Once the molds are done i will take orders until those molds are toast, which will likely be a pretty short run since this is pretty big...

thanks

mike

*crickets*

Hey Guys, this is still on, my wife just had our 2nd baby over the holidays, we are back home and after a week break i will be back at work on this for a very early spring release, likely mid march. Once the molds are done i will take orders until those molds are toast, which will likely be a pretty short run since this is pretty big...

thanks

mike

PM'd.

Congrats on the new baby! Best wishes and God bless to the whole family!

Enjoy those little ones as much as you can. They really make life wonderful! (and busy! :lol: )