Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

(Sigh) I was REALLY hoping for a redux of Macross combining DYRL and the SDF series or something like Macross The First. I'm still happy something's in the works though. Delta... Triangle... I see what they did there.

On the plus side, maybe we'll get a BLUE CHRONOS!

Edited by Astralith

(Sigh) I was REALLY hoping for a redux of Macross combining DYRL and the SDF series or something like Macross The First. I'm still happy something's in the works though. Delta... Triangle... I see what they did there.

On the plus side, maybe we'll get a BLUE CHRONOS!

Kowamori's made it pretty clear over and over again that he considers that story done, and is probably never going to revisit it in any real way. Macross the first only happened because Mikimoto was willing and they saw how popular Gundam the Origin was. We'll probably have actual variable fighters before we see a redo of the original series. :unsure:

Just to be clear, it's not clear if the triangle/delta symbol is supposed to be read as "delta". There is nothing on the few images released so far that hint or suggest at how we're supposed to read it.

It could very well be "Macross Triangle", or even something bizarre as "Macross Turn Triangle" (a la "Gundam Turn A".

As much as I'd like to throw my support into the "it's a Greek letter" camp (as Kawamori-san has a penchant for appending Greek letters to enemy Valkyries), I'm inclined to opt for the "it's a stylized triangle", because love triangles are one of the core themes of Macross, and the hero Valkyries get Roman letters, not Greek ones!

Edited by sketchley

One thing I really miss about the first Macross series is that it took place only 27 years (from 1982) in the near future. Every big series took place about 50 years in the future from the air date. Since 2067 is very close to the time of Macross Frontier. I predict the look of the series won't drift too far away.

2015 is pretty ambitious. I'd say full series you're looking at 2016.

It was only six months ago that Kawamori said he was still working on a story.

So it still needs story boarding, scripts, voice actors, singers, and animation

Per episode usually runs 4-5 months.

Just to be clear, it's not clear if the triangle/delta symbol is supposed to be read as "delta". There is nothing on the few images released so far that hint or suggest at how we're supposed to read it.

It could very well be "Macross Triangle", or even something bizarre as "Macross Turn Triangle" (a la "Gundam Turn A".

As much as I'd like to throw my support into the "it's a Greek letter" camp (as Kawamori-san has a penchant for appending Greek letters to enemy Valkyries), I'm inclined to opt for the "it's a stylized triangle", because love triangles are one of the core themes of Macross, and the hero Valkyries get Roman letters, not Greek ones!

I'm gonna go with macross scalene until proven otherwise.

I am over the moon with the announcement! I'm looking forward to yet another awesome accompanying soundtrack.

So this one will finally answer the question of what happened to Scott Bernard and Admiral Hunter's Expeditionary Force right? JUST KIDDING!!! ...put the pitchforks down.

Wasn't Hikaru's call-sign in DYRL Delta-1? Coincidence? Probably...

Pretty much, yeah.

I'm surprised they're doing the auditions already, though... it seems WAY too early for casting.

Maybe they want the winner to get a bit of experience before the show premieres?

Wasn't Hikaru's call-sign in DYRL Delta-1? Coincidence? Probably...

That was the bridge's call-sign. :)