WIP it good.

the white drew carey

WIP. Work in Progress.

It is not uncommon to want to show off your material before it's actually completed. So, quite often, you end up creating a WIP thread, only to abandon it once the work is complete and create a new thread showcasing your creation in all of it's glory.

So I thought: Hey, let's do a WIP thread instead!

A WIP thread is a good idea for many reasons:

1) It'll generate interest in your project, not unlike a movie trailer.

2) It'll serve as a testing range where you can solicit advice, suggestions or criticisms on your work thus far. I can think of many times I've been stumped and someone here helped me along!

3) It'll cut-down on double threads for the same project. This will keep things neat and tidy. Also, it can serve as a general meeting thread for ideas, discussions and likewise regarding all types of Fan Works.

So, I guess I'll start things off. Here is a new wallpaper I'm working on. Any of you should be able to guess the theme. The images below are jumbled, not properly sized (because I haven't done that yet), still in the sketching stage or, in one case, non-existent (because I haven't done that yet, either).

Enjoy.

post-5-1081225808_thumb.jpg

Edited by the white drew carey

BoB???

I am not BoB!!!

:lol:

Nope, no vectors yet. I'm still learning how to accomplich what BoB does with vectors. The skirt (as are other parts of the outfit, which are not seen yet) was all done with paintbrushes in Photoshop.

I'm still fiddling with the sketch for the VF-4, and hope to have the whole image compiled shortly.

Removed the ugly bars on top of the shoulders.  Next up, making the tail fins bigger...

How does that affect transformation?

I would have modified the bars to make them slidable. This way in Battroid mode, the bars slide down out of sight, and can be re-extended for transformation back into Gerwalk or fighter mode. I should try it on a nearly crapped out Yammie 11...

I'm having to totally redo the wing mounts in Gerwalk and Battloid. I removed the ugly rotation joint at the wing root too. The way I'm going, is not the easy way, that's for sure. The sliding bar idea would be really cool.

I'll post pics later. It's really made the thing actually remind me of the VF-11 in M+.

I'm having to totally redo the wing mounts in Gerwalk and Battloid. I removed the ugly rotation joint at the wing root too. The way I'm going, is not the easy way, that's for sure. The sliding bar idea would be really cool.

I'll post pics later. It's really made the thing actually remind me of the VF-11 in M+.

The only serious problem that I could encounter is if the modification will be structurally sound. It's the slider that holds the front and back halves of the body together. It will require careful thought... Thought that will happen later in late April/early May. A little thing called exams and essays (12, 8, 8 pages) to write...

The only serious problem that I could encounter is if the modification will be structurally sound. It's the slider that holds the front and back halves of the body together.

You could remake that piece out of aluminum sheet maybe. Here's a pic I took before I cut the sliders off.

I worked on mine some more. Fighter, and gerwalk look great. Still working on hanging the wings in battloid. I made the arms and wings detatchable.

There are more pics here...

post-5-1081327740_thumb.jpg

Hrm, well. This is something I'm doing just as I guess "random" artwork. You might never see that entire pic. Still need to shade it, oh and a background other than the Lime Green so I can see random white blotches.

post-5-1081918518.gif

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Correct, sir!!!

I'm goping to finish all of the principal images and then work on the layout. I had on original idea, but everytime I finish a new image, the layout seems to evolve.

Nothing wrong with that. Maybe I'll do multiple layouts with the same images.

125309[/snapback]

Well...is the WIP finished???

BTW, what ever happened to BoB?

Correct, sir!!!

I'm goping to finish all of the principal images and then work on the layout. I had on original idea, but everytime I finish a new image, the layout seems to evolve.

Nothing wrong with that. Maybe I'll do multiple layouts with the same images.

125309[/snapback]

Well...is the WIP finished???

BTW, what ever happened to BoB?

366978[/snapback]

12884_192700.jpg

For complete discussion on the image, visit the thread I made once it was completed. A lot of people (rightfully) had issues with Minmay's head, but... c'est le vie!

Yeah, BoB kind of petered out. His last post was back in the beginning of November. Let's hope he's happy, wherever he is!!!

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

So, I'm modeling a vehicle which gets no fan-model love. The GN XM-3002 rover. Now, as cool as this thing looks, it's a major offender in the anime magic category.

First of all, it's got to have some kind of TARDIS technology, because it's clearly bigger on the inside than the outside. From the outside view, one has to wonder where the bottom of the seats are stored, and where the drivers keep their legs. In addition, one would expect there to be a lot more clearance between the wheels and the vehicle body. I mean, this thing is for roving over tough terrain, right? And hey, speaking of wheels... where exactly are we keeping those shock absorbers. Who knows?

So, I'm basically combining the line art with just me making stuff up to try to make something that can exist in three dimensions. Oh well, I'll keep y'all updated.

post-7376-129549308014_thumb.jpg