Macross Ultimate Frontier for the Sony PSP.

UN Spacy

Played just over 22 hours now, and i have a few questions.

1) Does anyone have a translated description of the two A and B types of the packs? If not, if anyone knows the differences, that would be very helpful.

2) Is it possible to 100% upgrade the mechs? I ask because i've reached a limit which i can't seem to surpass, plus when checking on the states of how much i've played, it's only on about 20% for my most played valkyrie. Quite confusing.

3) Just something i'm interested in. Do you guys use custom colors, or just go with the standard?

I can answer most of what you ask.

1. there is a translation of roughly what it means, the link was posted here a few posts back. I read up on it and it filled in a few gaps in the Kanji etc that I didn't know.

2. You can buy a delimiter in the Nyan Nyan shop I think its only available after you get to a certain level but once there you can go to 99999 which makes a fairly potent mech which ever it is that is tunned up. Another one to get is the era unlock then you can use any mecha in any time line.

3. I make my own colours up, some are just subtle variations some are just my taste. My wing person tends to get the same colours each time just so its easier to see in the fight.

Played just over 22 hours now, and i have a few questions.

1) Does anyone have a translated description of the two A and B types of the packs? If not, if anyone knows the differences, that would be very helpful.

A-Type gives you a permanent fast pack and additional armor attribute, but your Valkyrie will have its standard SP attack.

B-Type gives you a temporary fast pack with additional armor attribute (with this type once the fast pack's armor is gone, it auto-purges), and a fast pack specific SP attack while it's equipped.

Personally, I prefer B-Type, since it adds more series realism, but A-Type would be useful in an instance where you just want the Valkyie to look cool regardless of what's going on.

2) Is it possible to 100% upgrade the mechs? I ask because i've reached a limit which i can't seem to surpass, plus when checking on the states of how much i've played, it's only on about 20% for my most played valkyrie. Quite confusing.

Yup, there's a limiter that you can either unlock or purchase. I think it requires S rank in all missions of all era's excluding EX missions, but don't quote me on that. Basically, once you hit your standard TP limit, you'll still continue to earn points that can be applied once you get the stat limiter unlock feature.

3) Just something i'm interested in. Do you guys use custom colors, or just go with the standard?

I mostly go with standard. I played around with custom's for a bit, but found I prefer things to look as they did in the show. A side to that, would be switching to custom color schemes (preset ones) when using characters like Kakizaki, or changing Max's DYRL VF-1S to a different character speicfic color scheme, it's it's the most badass VF-1 in the game (cluster missiles & reaction weapons, bomba!).

Thanks a lot big F and Keith, you've been most helpful.

I was wondering if you could attach a pack and still be able to use the original special combo attack, so that's rather interesting to know. Seeing as though the pack auto purges on Type B, i'm guessing it stays with A, or do i have to do it manually?

As for colors, most of the time i go with the standard for the same reason as Keith, though now and then i like to play around with the custom colors, to see what i can come up with.

Thanks a lot big F and Keith, you've been most helpful.

I was wondering if you could attach a pack and still be able to use the original special combo attack, so that's rather interesting to know. Seeing as though the pack auto purges on Type B, i'm guessing it stays with A, or do i have to do it manually?

As for colors, most of the time i go with the standard for the same reason as Keith, though now and then i like to play around with the custom colors, to see what i can come up with.

Type A you manually Purge, by pressing alll the face buttons (â–²OXâ– ), Type B automatically ejects after the packs health is used up.

Type A you manually Purge, by pressing alll the face buttons (â–²OXâ– ), Type B automatically ejects after the packs health is used up.

Yeah i knew about Type B, though i would have never known how to purge while using Type A, so thanks a lot for that.

Edited by shiroth

Can anyone tell me what the first screen asks when the game loads? Its a green box asking yes or no.

Basically, my version works if I answer no. If I answer yes it crashes.

This all happens before the macross wallpaper screen and video.

It says "buy the UMD and stop playing ISO's"

Hello

I just got my copy of the Special edition of MUF... I did find some translation parts on it, but I am still a bit lost. Does anyone know where I can find the translations for the Freeplay Rules? Also the menus.

Thanks!

G

Gamefaqs.

MUF translation Guide

That doesn't have the freeplay rules guide, which is what GianS was asking for. But yeah the menus are there.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/948812-macross-ace-frontier/faqs/54833

Maybe that one then, from the first game? There pretty similar. Hope that helps. Or....

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/961063-macross-ultimate-frontier/57106730

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

• 2 weeks later...

I will be so happy if we are getting a new PSP game.

They better bloody well get the VF-19 model right this time though! And have me beloved VF-17's gunpod actually be a gunpod, not a beam weapon (the beam attack should just be the special attack).

Hope we get the VF-19EF and ES from Macross The Ride as well.

Graham

Anybody know what the cover of the new issue of Famitsu looks like?

I can try to pick it up at lunch today.

Just wondering if the writer of that article is getting confused the PS3 game.

Graham

This 'Campus' feature in Macross Triangle Frontier, doen't sound particulaly appealing to me as a main selling point. I have little interest in creating a customizable character, especially as if some gaming websites are saying, you need to spend 2-5 hours creating your character and boosting its stats before you can actually play the main game.

Would rather just use a stock character and fly the VFs!

Not really interested in the cut scenes of Ranka and Sheryl in bikinis, gym wear etc.

Graham

This 'Campus' feature in Macross Triangle Frontier, doen't sound particulaly appealing to me as a main selling point. I have little interest in creating a customizable character, especially as if some gaming websites are saying, you need to spend 2-5 hours creating your character and boosting its stats before you can actually play the main game.

Would rather just use a stock character and fly the VFs!

Not really interested in the cut scenes of Ranka and Sheryl in bikinis, gym wear etc.

Graham

Considering that name was trademarked a year ago (triangle frontier) when we first got rumors about turned out to be the trial frontier demo. Considering it's a 2chan rumor currently, I'd wait for something much more substancial.

The message boards at Gamefaqs have already got a section up for this game.

Would be nice if its real, I wouldn't mind seeing a new Macross game for that new 3Ds tho!

I just hope if this is a new game that it has a full Macross II section this time!

Also I have just clocked in 60 hours on Macross UF!

The message boards at Gamefaqs have already got a section up for this game.

Would be nice if its real, I wouldn't mind seeing a new Macross game for that new 3Ds tho!

I just hope if this is a new game that it has a full Macross II section this time!

Also I have just clocked in 60 hours on Macross UF!

No famitsu scans have popped up on the net yet?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If anyone wants the MUF Extra UMD, looks like someone on 4chan uploaded the ISO in five parts. Legitimate it seems, unfortunately still region locked.

Ok done. Now some instructions I guess.

This is an iso of a R2 video UMD. To play it you needed a modded PSP.

1. Copy the iso to ISO\VIDEO on your memory stick.

2. Go to the VSH menu then "iso video mount" and choose UMD9660. You'll also need to have a umd on the PSP drive for it to work.

3. Go to the video section and the nyan nyan should be there waiting for you.

And all the links:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V3WHG8T7

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YAZJOM9C

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7NKIHQ0R

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GTHTCBGJ

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UXV0L9S1

If you wish to give thanks, thank 'im here:

http://boards.4chan.org/m/res/5957493

Edited by shiroikaze

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any difference in "the best" version than the original? What would be missing from the hybrid? Thinking of getting 'the best' version from Ami Ami.

I know I should probably just wait for Triangle, but Trial Frontier on the PS3 has really made me want to play this game... don't have a PSP and not particularly eager to get one... though may borrow a friends to rip it and try to use it on one of the emulators.

• 2 weeks later...

At this point, I'm waiting to see what's up with the PSP2... definitely hoping for more PS3 integration.

I still believe the first psp was the best .... the psp go did not have even a "g" eee download speed.... and lol eheheh ... lol ... it carries no umd slot so .... ummmmm ... eheh ... lol downloading gamez on a new system that runz on "b" eee is just disrespecting custumorz....

3000 psp has a bigger screen that is a plus .... so I cannot say anything bad about it....

The original I can speak about because I still have it from the original year that it was announced and it still has the most amazing sound quality speakerz I have ever heard ... comming from a musician, and past dj.....

I dont know .... any one willing to bet the next MUF just wont be good as the first ???? I just dont see it happening...

• 4 weeks later...

Just a question about the game, I see 2 version of this game where one is a collectors edition. I see that on ebay. Is it worth getting?

Unless you have a japanese region PSP, it's not really worth it. The bonus region-locked video UMD and the Mikimoto artwork slipcase are the only extras.

Just a question about the game, I see 2 version of this game where one is a collectors edition. I see that on ebay. Is it worth getting?

Ultimate is old news, get you some Triangle Frontier.