Star Wars toys

I made this topic since quite a number of us buy Star Wars toys, whether it be light sabers, Hasbro figures, vehicles, SWTF's, and what not. Post all your pictures of the toys here! Discuss!

Apparently the upcoming TRU exclusive B-wing for $34.99 hasn't been revealed yet since it is from an EU storyline that holds some surprises. Maybe its an upcoming comic story line? Who the hell knows. The B-wing is one of my favorite designs, so I am glad to have the chance to buy it.

The A-wing is being reissued later this year too. I need that also. I hope more EU characters like the KOTOR cast are made into figures. We need more than just Revan, Malak, Mandalore and Nhilus. As much as I dislike Bastila's uptightness, I would buy a figure of her. Definitely need a Canderous Mandalore, crusader Mandolorians and the multicolored Mandolorian armors with melee weapons.

I've bought a few SWTF's, to complement my Death Star Vader, and thinking they would be of similar quality. Turns out even the best are not. If you want one SWTF, make it the Death Star Vader. If you want more, some of them are neat, but none are of the same calibre as Vader's Death Star. As good as the ARC-170 looks, its stability in robot mode sucks.

This year we will see EU figures based on the current Star Wars:Legacy comic. The storyline is cliche, about a mercenary angst filled Skywalker in the future who we can all see return to his jedi roots. The figures look great, but storyline still lacks.

I really enjoy the OT SWTF line, but I agree with just about every negative thing said about them. The Darth Star is the best of them. The Millenium Falcon's probably the most solid figure after that. The others all have their little quirks and problems and aren't on par with a Transformer of equal size. Even so, I'm still really looking forward to the Tie Bomber that's been announced.

CIMG0002.jpg

Same here, I love the design, and since its a bigger vehicle with parts closer together it may have a good looking unanorexic robot mode.

That's what I'm hoping, although it won't surprise me to see both wings used as arm shields.

Does it seem like the SW Transformers are like old Action Fleet ships tarted up with transforming action?

They really need to bring back the Action Fleets :(

More EU stuff is always good, now that they're running out of "canon" things to do.

Vostok 7

I told myself I'd just get one or two clonetroopers. That evolved into four or five, then ten. Now I have a small unit of them, composed mostly of different color schemes. I don't have a picture, but they're all posed on a shelf on my desk, all surrounding a MR Commander Gree mini-helmet. Kind of ironic, but I don't have a Commander Gree figure. :p I couldn't find the old release, and I can't find the new version, go figure.

Does it seem like the SW Transformers are like old Action Fleet ships tarted up with transforming action?

Agreed, thats one of its redeeming qualities and the one that appeals to me!

Kind of ironic, but I don't have a Commander Gree figure. tongue.gif I couldn't find the old release, and I can't find the new version, go figure.

The new one has ball jointed hips, and while this sounds awesome, its awkward. The sculpt of the armor hinders his hips, so while you do get the ball jointed articulation, you cannot move his hips that much. If you have the new wave 1 Obi Wan or Anakin, Gree's ball jointed hips are hindered considerably compared to theirs.

I saw Force Unleashed figures twice, but just Juno Eclipse and Ram Kohta. Haven't seen them since. I think they are hard to find just because they are new. Then again Star Wars scalpers are a whole other beast altogether.

The Force Unleashed Evolutions set is awesome. The only things I would have wanted to see are the multiple sabers for the Sithlord Apprentice since he collects them(handles attaches to his costume), and ball jointed elbows for the Jedi version, since the cut ones do not offer the same amount of motion that ball jointed ones do. The Fett set is good too if you can overlook the lack of tampos on Boba. My main gripe is those damn wire pieces connected to the elbows that make them hard to bend.

Vostok 7

Those were cool plus fun to play with back in the day! I second that they need to bring back SW Action Fleet.

I hope more EU characters like the KOTOR cast are made into figures. We need more than just Revan, Malak, Mandalore and Nhilus. As much as I dislike Bastila's uptightness, I would buy a figure of her. Definitely need a Canderous Mandalore, crusader Mandolorians and the multicolored Mandolorian armors with melee weapons.

<GASP!!!!> As much as I whole-heartedly agree about Bastila, I am shocked, yes shocked, that you didn't mention HK-47! Everyone's favorite protocol-assassin droid is a definite must for me......meatbag!! :p

And of course for the compulsive troop builders in all of us, a few Sith Troopers wouldn't be too shabby either.

In any case, my two customized KOTOR fig's need more of their buddies made B)) :

post-3595-1206957390_thumb.jpg

nice to see a thread dedicated to Star Wars . I packed away most of my stuff

especially the larger ships that I own though I still have the die cast ships

on display. I started collecting SW when I got the 12" inch figures as kid.

I destroyed those . But have restarted with a slightly different take on it.

post-3216-1206964358_thumb.jpg post-3216-1206964473_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1206964509_thumb.jpg post-3216-1206964544_thumb.jpg

post-3216-1207227339_thumb.jpg

edit :

If I were gonna make a Clone Army - I'd make a lot of women.

too bad theres not a huge variety of 1/6 Cy Girl figures.

Edited by Macross73

I'm kinda sick of my SW collection. I gotta get around to putting everything up on ebay or sell them to BBTS's vintage dept. I've got so sick of the naboo cruiser that I gave it to my nephew the other day. Now to just get rid of the 12 boxes of sealed figures. I think as toys go sw has run its course for me. Hell I've been collecting them for 25 years. I'd rather get the better toys from japan.

The only Star Wars I have is the Hunt for the Millenium Falcon Bounty Hunter box set.

I have it because I love EPS and I love the Bounty Hunters.

Generally, I find SW figures to be a bit dissapointing because they cost almost as much as a deluxe TF, yet they are not poseable.

Furthermore, while I love the movies, I just don't seem to enjoy the toys that much - which is strange because generally everything I enjoy watching I also enjoy owning as a collector... but SW never seemed to do it for me.

SW Transformers are unbearable for me.

Err...soooooo...on that positive and upbeat note...umm... I end my post :)

VFTF1

Vostok 7

I've got a pretty good sized Action Fleet collection sitting in a box and was thinking of selling them...

...and the rest of my SW fig collection (mostly Jedi/Sith/Clones).

Just don't have room and lost interest in the line.

Ah, Star Wars.

I have a love/hate relationship with collecting the merchandise. Ever since Kenner/Hasbro's Power of the Force 2 line, I gobbled up so many figures I couldn't even begin to count them all. I still have every one of them, still sitting, unopened, in many, many large Rubbermaid bins in the basement. Around the time AOTC hit, I finally had to ask myself why I had the "gotta catch them all" mentality and stopped cold turkey. This lasted for awhile, but somehow the hype of ROTS really got to me a few years later, and I quickly filled yet more giant bins with figures I'll never display.

I probably would have continued to do so if it weren't for Sideshow Collectibles and their 1/6 Jedi Luke figure. That one purchase utterly changed the focus of my Star Wars collecting, and introduced me to a world of more high end, museum-quality figures that feel much more appropriate displayed alongside my expensive Japanese collectibles. I've basically ignored Hasbro figs ever since (though I did decide to collect the entire McQuarrie line of concept art figures due to their uniqueness, and the recent KOTOR-inspired stuff, as I'm a huge fan of the game). Sideshow's line is absolutely stunning, and I find myself gladly buying 10 or so ridiculously detailed figures per year, rather than 70+ little Hasbro guys that will just end up in a bin.

I want Sideshow to take a stab at Darth Revan, who is my favorite Sith. Not to mention, there could be a vast number of accessories.

I'd buy that in a heartbeat! I've set up a Sith shelf in my office with Palpatine (2-pack, human and deformed), Darth Maul, Asajj Ventress and Sith-eyes Anakin. Sideshow really needs to make Dooku and Vader, and then I hope they move on to the EU stuff. I'd love Revan, Malak, Nihilus, etc.

Do you have any Sideshow figures, Shin?

nice to see a thread dedicated to Star Wars . I packed away most of my stuff away

especially the larger ships that I own though I still have the die cast ships

on display. I started collecting SW when I got the 12" inch figures as kid.

I destroyed those . But have restarted with a slightly different take on it.

Whats with the chick clone army in Stormy and Rebel Pilot Suits with Michael Jackson glad wrap over their faces?? :p

They look cool though.

I'll get around to posting mine soon. I did post pics of my massive SAGA X-Wing before, it's a huge scale, and does the job.

My fav is the SAGA Luke pilot suit figure. Although the head sculpt is something to be desired (like alot of their sculpts)

... the helmet donned looks totally kick ass! Good articulation. My hope lies with Revoltech to make the ultimate SW figures.

I have even considered waiting for Revoltech to bring out decent male figures and i'll just mod the face and make my own

Luke. : p I gots JEDI Luke (2007), he's a little scrawny but he is my only JEDI black clothes type, and my Sandtrooper

is probably my fav of all the enemy figure releases. Also have the SAGA (i think) Obi-wan with flight headset and removable

JEDI cloak. Again awesome articulation, he's as good as my Luke pilot figure. and i bought this craPPY Qui-Gon figure

without knowing what the articulation is like and i'm rather dissapointed, so he's got the ick and vanquished from my stuff.

Pinched his light saber though so the others get to go dual saber'd. :p Really want a decent figure of Qui-Gon.

OO0 so with the SAGA X-Wing (with the Jedi Training Luke and the moss covering for the Dagobah diorama setting)

i bought myself R2-D2 to place in there. :p Also purchased Cloud City Luke (covered all important battles for mine).

And my latest and probably last (unless something cool cooks up), was the in scale Shadow Speeder with Shadow trooper.

very cool! I ripped the head off my Cloud City Luke and replaced the Shadow Troopers head so i got a cool as looking Luke

with Imperial Armour riding the Shadow Speeder! yay! I'm sick like that, having fantasies of (post ROTJ) maxed out JEDI

Luke taking on Imperial left overs with stealth. (using Sandtrooper, Shadow Trooper uniforms).

I kinda don't want to read post ROTJ books/comics as they would ruin my ideal fanfictorial of Luke becoming so powerful

he could just clench his fist and bring down Star Destroyers from outter orbit, crashing down into atmosphere and

burning before his feet. But that's what happens when you watch too much manga and DBZ.... shut up it's my fantasy! :p

I have heard that someone (Luke??) clenched his fist (used the Force duh!) and ripped apart a AT-AT (it's head?)??

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

and i bought this craPPY Qui-Gon figure

without knowing what the articulation is like and i'm rather dissapointed, so he's got the ick and vanquished from my stuff.

Pinched his light saber though so the others get to go dual saber'd. tongue.gif Really want a decent figure of Qui-Gon.

The best Qui-Gon, super articulated at that, is in the Jedi Evolutions set which just came out.

he could just clench his fist and bring down Star Destroyers from outter orbit, crashing down into atmosphere and

burning before his feet.

Vader's apprentice in the upcoming Force Unleashed game can actually do that....

The Qui-Gon has a funky face sculpt, though. I just need a perfect Obi-wan to mate up.

Darth Nihilus is easily one of my favorite figures of the year. They knocked that one out of the park. I wish I could have seen the extras the first wave of Evo figures had. Ah well.

I definitely need more TotJ figures. Hopefully Mandalore is the first of many. I would like to see Lord Kaan, Lord Hoth, Pernicar, Farfalla, Githany, etc to go with Bane.

Do you have any Sideshow figures, Shin?

Just 2 Art S. Buck models for reference when drawing. Thats about it. I'm hyped for their gijoe figures though!

I just need a perfect Obi-wan to mate up.

Speaking of which, we need a damn Obi wan Evolutions set. Honestly, I'm not fond of his character in the prequels, but I liked him a lot better in ANH, he wasn't as cocky and uptight. For some reason he has yet to have an Evolutions set.

I like the Fett and Apprentice Evolutions set a lot.

Speaking of Sideshow... they're just a bit too... "doll" for me. Don't get me wrong, they're great figures with great quality and incredible accesories.

I just wish I could see something like that in the 3 3/4 scale. I would gladly pay $20 for a good figure with 18-20 points of articulation, a couple separate outfits/changable parts, and a good number of accessories. Basically just like the Sideshows but scaled in line with Hasbros other stuff. Hasbro really did a good job with the clones. I like the new Gree as it makes some refinements. The armor does limit articulation but it SHOULD. ;)

Right but if you filed his left leg armor down to the strap, it would come out in a splits like motion. I can make a nice "A" stance with Gree. The wrists are the best part yet, in helping to aim.

The helmet, though, is one of the best removable helmets they've done. Hard enough plastic and deep enough that he's not doing the Evolutions chin poking out thing...

Speaking of which, we need a damn Obi wan Evolutions set. Honestly, I'm not fond of his character in the prequels, but I liked him a lot better in ANH, he wasn't as cocky and uptight. For some reason he has yet to have an Evolutions set.

I coulda swore I read something on rebelscum that they cancelled the Obi evolutions set (Ep. I, II, and IV versions) but will be releasing each figure individually as an "anchor figure" for some upcoming waves this year.

I coulda swore I read something on rebelscum that they cancelled the Obi evolutions set (Ep. I, II, and IV versions) but will be releasing each figure individually as an "anchor figure" for some upcoming waves this year.

Holy crap that actually works in my favor, I have never read that but I hope its true! Thanks for the heads up man. I just got Rahm Kohta, now one of my favorite jedi. Unpractical ninja mounted saber blade FTGDW. It just looks cool, who cares if it would really tear the straps off from the inside and probably impale him unintentionally, THE SABER PLACEMENT IN THE BANDOLIER LOOKS COOL!!

Thanks for the info guys! :)

I just checked, (on ebay) to see what they looks like, Qui-Gon does look a hell of alot cooler and articulated.

heh heh haven't got a decent up close pic yet but he looks like Jesus weilding a light saber in the pics i seen so far hahah.

The evolution Stormtropper pack looks like a keeper though, i'll wait for these to come out locally i think. More fun that way.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Just for ruskii (since he mentioned the X-Wing and the VTSC Pilot Luke) ;) :

post-3595-1207380435_thumb.jpg

It may not be as iconic as the "looking out into the setting twin suns" scene. But I've always enjoyed this pose for Luke.

I was pleased as punch when I got the figure to pose like that on the X-Wing. Whether it's him about to go up and face the Death Star in ANH or him promising Yoda he'll return in Empire, this little pose and display for Pilot Luke always puts a smile on my face. ^_^

The TIE Bomber transformer may be the most well proportioned Star Wars transformer in robot form to date. Every other SW transformer has an absolutely hideous robot mode.

i have four star wars items. and that is all i want so far. i thought the jedi star fighters looked neat so i got the largest one th walmart sold and a wookie for a pilot..... he was too big/tall.

then i was a a closing toys r us 2 years ago and saw a epp 1 naboo fighter behind the costumer service desk, the clerk said it was found under the shelves in the back and be. and sold it to me for 5$ i found a unopened pilot aniken at a antique shop and currently have both in my closet

Just for ruskii (since he mentioned the X-Wing and the VTSC Pilot Luke) ;) :

post-3595-1207380435_thumb.jpg

It may not be as iconic as the "looking out into the setting twin suns" scene. But I've always enjoyed this pose for Luke.

I was pleased as punch when I got the figure to pose like that on the X-Wing. Whether it's him about to go up and face the Death Star in ANH or him promising Yoda he'll return in Empire, this little pose and display for Pilot Luke always puts a smile on my face. ^_^

Brilliant!!!! :D Thanks for posting this piccy. Awwesome! So this is the Cloud City (Bespin) Saga X-Wing version?

Or is that you own weathering? :D Yes excellent figure of Luke, my fav, very poseable.