Overdrive now offering replacement parts for Yamato

just received Roy's arms yesterday. Thanks to Overdrive.

Anyway, I'll not be replacing the cracked shoulder now. Since old cracked shoulder have no major issue, might as well wait till the whole shoulder falls apart before changing to the new ones.

I've actually not got any replies from Overdrive in the past 2 weeks. Any idea what's going on with them?

Nothing guys : they only respond when the parts have arrived and are ready to ship to you

average waiting time frame is 1 month

be patient : 36.gif

60.gif

Hmm ok I should clarify-- I emailed them separately about my change of address as well and they didn't reply to that-- I was wondering if they have replied by email to anybody recently.

Hummm strange

they always responded to me the next day

for the change of adress they will ask you to reconfirm when parts are ready maybe

when was it as it was japan holiday ???

Edited by Ghostkiller

Hummm strange

they always responded to me the next day

for the change of adress they will ask you to reconfirm when parts are ready maybe

when was it as it was japan holiday ???

Well I emailed on Friday, two weeks ago, and again last wednesday. I also added them to my email safe list so the replies wouldn't go into the junk folder.

don't worry they already placed your order. they won't bother emailing everyone that emails them to confirm. Takes about a month. I was impatient and emailed them a lot. Finally they were like "LOOK AMERICAN FOOL WE PLACED YOUR ORDER SO CHILL OUT AND YOU WILL BE A HAPPY GRASSHOPPER IN A MONTH!" lol well they worded it in a very very respectable way. haha

Edited by Foblander

are the parts from over drive the same as the original? will it crack easily?

I would wait until the VF-1S Max has been released, since Yamato has indicated that that will be the first VF-1v2 with the smaller diameter pins, which may or may not fix the shoulder issue.

I may be the only one to not have filed a request for VF-0S shoulders (have transformed mine once and it's back to fighter, as I like it best)...Over a month ago, I placed an oreder for SV-51 nora wings (some cracking, ever-sagging, never locked properly, left wing has glue smudges), emailed them about a month ago...NOTHING yet. Maybe it is discontinued!? :unsure:

A month has passed since request was posted. Still no replies from OD.

And incidentally i had a nightmare last night....I dreamt that i broke the grey piece inside the YF-19's torso. =.=;;

I don't want to blame Overdrive for wiping Yamato's butt for poor QC and design, but I just wish to get my SV-51 wings and save the 200-bucks toy from misery.

But unfortunately, I am probably the only one asking for SV-51 wings for Nora, so I would have been luckier if I asked for a pair of VF-0 arms for Focker? I am not even sure they're not cracked since it's in fighter mode all the time.

Do we need to set up an account BEFORE placing the request or was it "parts arrive at Overdrive>notification sent/received>account open>payment settled>parts sent>received>collector is happy"??

Got my Focker arm's yesterday from Overdrive with my Bandai DX toys. I'm pretty sure Overdrive just submits requests for parts and then doesn't do anything until they arrive. If Yamato never responds then I doubt you can expect Overdrive to respond.

• 3 weeks later...

They seem pretty busy lately and are a bit behind on the Macross replacment parts stuff. At least thats what their newsletter says. But I try contact them last week, a month after I placed a request, and they are very nice and confirmed receiving my request the next day. Like others say, they don't normally reply on requests, unless we try contact them afterwards, or when they get the parts we requested. Otherwise, they'll work on it quietly and sometimes takes a couple months.

So patience is the key, and Overdrive seems to be run by some nice responsible folks.

For the record, its been 2 months still nothing. I suppose their system has some serious problems since their webmall newsletter claims they having some ttrouble getting the replacement parts orders out or something.

I placed the first request for SV-51 wings, and I guess I am the only one in the planet, over 3 months passed and got no reply whatsoever from them. Is it a rule to become open an account at Overdrive FIRST? that's not what I understood from the form I filled just once more a few days ago to remind them.

can someone tell me if overdrives website is working or not? i cant load it at all in either firefox or iexplorer?

hmm ok thanks guys, wonder why its not playing nice for just me... hmmmmmm

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a suggested tip. If your Roy 1S or Hiki 1J needs replacement at the hinge area, ask instead for the hinges of the Max 1S for the Roy 1S, and the Max 1A TV for the Hiki 1J.

At least you'll be sure of getting matching colours and hinges that do not have the knurling that causes stress.

If I'm wrong in my suggestion, please correct me guys...

Is overdrive really "offering replacement parts for Yamato" or ONLY replacement arms and shoulders for VF-1 and VF-0? has anybody else requested for any part other than that and GOT them in the mail?

I am still waiting for payment request for my order for a pair of SV-51 wings for my broken Nora...almost 4 months (?) passed with no email nor anything from them since I filled the online form, twice.

Edited by regult

Is overdrive really "offering replacement parts for Yamato" or ONLY replacement arms and shoulders for VF-1 and VF-0? has anybody else requested for any part other than that and GOT them in the mail?

I am still waiting for payment request for my order for a pair of SV-51 wings for my broken Nora...almost 4 months (?) passed with no email nor anything from them since I filled the online form, twice.

Overdrive isn't really offering replacement parts. What Overdrive offers is to submit your request to Yamato for replacement parts. If Yamato hasn't responded in 4 months that pretty much tells you Yamato doesn't have the part you want which means you're currently in a circling pattern until more SV-51s get made. People are getting the arms and shoulders they need because those toys are still in production so Yamato responds to requests for those parts.

EDIT - you get a payment request and start getting responses from Overdrive only when Yamato responds to your request by sending the parts.

Edited by jenius

hey guys, think I`d be able to get one of the fuselage panels on a 1/60 YF-21 replaced?I got a deal on one with a small piece broken off and reglued but if possible I`d like to replace the panel.

Well I finally sent off my request for replacement parts for my Hikaru 1S I hope they have them. anyway does any one have experinces in dealing with taking apart the upper leg/airintke parts in order to replace them please PM me or E-amil me I can sure some assitance as it will be my first repair job on my Hikaru 1S.