Strike A Pose! V.4 - The Macross Mech Pose Thread

JCSaves

Actually it's still the same two shelf bookcase that I have, I just placed on top to take some shots, plus I keep them clean by keeping the dust off with a microfiber cloth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow you are a very brave man for doing that, like the way you customized the bridge dome. I considered doing that with mine but didn't know which blue to use.

Wow you are a very brave man for doing that, like the way you customized the bridge dome. I considered doing that with mine but didn't know which blue to use.

Thanks. Still a work in progress....

That sucker is anchored to the ceiling with a 4" screw hook from Target, reinforced with them damn Hasbro pvc covered aluminum twist ties that used to come with Transformers toys, so it isn't going anywhere.

I think i just used whatever fine blue paint marker i had for the bridge window, then detailed the area with a ultra-fine black gundam marker. That red had been urking me for years...

On another note:

I just rediscovered 30lb strength fishing wire so i may upgrade later. I'm experimenting with some hanging flight poses. May be able to switch it up & put away the Yamato stands for a little while.

.100_1584.jpg

100_1585.jpg

100_1610.jpg

100_1621.jpg

100_1527.jpg

100_1537.jpg

100_1539.jpg

post-13484-0-25379200-1330597957_thumb.jpg

my temporary valk line-up in my room to prepare for moving to my own apartment in few more months.

i have kept my smaller-scaled valks into their respective boxes.

the angled posing was unintentional due to the limited display space.

does look good though^^

Edited by Andy NYK

Valkyrie make over for VF-1A Kakizaki Hayao!

Originally the valk was not yellowish and the super & strike packs are different colors.

The buyer had screwed me by saying it is brand new, but after opening it.. it was not brand new at all..

but nevertheless it was cheap so i let it go, i had intended to sell it off, but then i decided to do abit of color changing and weathering myself.

I always like the green color for VF-1A, thus with this valkyrie, i just decided to change the super & strike to GREY!!

It was a good choice as i like the outcome.

Before Color change.

IMAG0653.jpg

After Color change using acrylic colors

IMAG0700.jpg

NICE!! Very professional weather technique!

I've considered going grey for all my strike/super parts too. That anime accurate blu-ish /green just doesn't look right.

My only recommendation would be to get yourself a ultra-fine black gundam marker to bring out those awesome details. But that may alter the look you were going for.

I had a lot of fun paneling super parts. It's like therapy. :rolleyes:

Valkyrie make over for VF-1A Kakizaki Hayao!

Originally the valk was not yellowish and the super & strike packs are different colors.

The buyer had screwed me by saying it is brand new, but after opening it.. it was not brand new at all..

but nevertheless it was cheap so i let it go, i had intended to sell it off, but then i decided to do abit of color changing and weathering myself.

I always like the green color for VF-1A, thus with this valkyrie, i just decided to change the super & strike to GREY!!

It was a good choice as i like the outcome.

Before Color change.

IMAG0653.jpg

After Color change using acrylic colors

IMAG0700.jpg

Impressive make over of your Kakizaki 1A, nice! Luckily you didn't sell it:)

Thanks gmanifess, for your advice.. was thinking to be lazy and not panel line.. but now its a must!

Caslon, thanks. I never expected myself to do the conversion also but its is a fantastic experience for mw cos I really find myself being drawn back more to macross again :) I got myself a 1/3000 sdf-1 as well!! Hahah

Thanks gmanifess, for your advice.. was thinking to be lazy and not panel line.. but now its a must!

Caslon, thanks. I never expected myself to do the conversion also but its is a fantastic experience for mw cos I really find myself being drawn back more to macross again :) I got myself a 1/3000 sdf-1 as well!! Hahah

Congrats! So are you going to make another conversion for your SDF-1 in the future? But I doubt you would do that...haha!

Congrats! So are you going to make another conversion for your SDF-1 in the future? But I doubt you would do that...haha!

Hmm Caslon, actually i was thinking of it... previously i had msg WMcheng and KyeKye for their advices..

probably will do it soon hahaha... i had the photo etch parts standing by also.

=)

Hmm Caslon, actually i was thinking of it... previously i had msg WMcheng and KyeKye for their advices..

probably will do it soon hahaha... i had the photo etch parts standing by also.

=)

So envy of you guys! I've got no time to work on my model kits( Gundam & Macross bla bla...) Just hate it....:(