1/60 V.2 Max and Miria VF-1J's

Archer

If it's anything like what's wrong with my Millia's canopy, it's actually the exact opposite.. they put the coating on so thick, you can barely see through it, and it'll take a lot more work than usual to remove.

THIS. Looks extra thick - you can hardly see through it - and its cracking.

Its why I kept her canopy open while taking the pics . . .

post-8486-0-01058800-1406805709_thumb.jpg

Edited by DarrinG

• 1 year later...

Next Xmas Bandai should sell a HI-Metal set that comes with 1 Miria VF-1J and a DYRL VF-1A Kakizaki... so we'd get green and red and be festive. Actually, since Miria always sells so poorly (Max doesn't do much better) they should sell them together. Maybe they can get a Mars tie-in and sell them as M&Ms.

Next Xmas Bandai should sell a HI-Metal set that comes with 1 Miria VF-1J and a DYRL VF-1A Kakizaki... so we'd get green and red and be festive. Actually, since Miria always sells so poorly (Max doesn't do much better) they should sell them together. Maybe they can get a Mars tie-in and sell them as M&Ms.

Is that 1/60 or 1/72 . I'm trying to stick to 1/60

Has anyone from arcadia actually said they're won't be any more VF-1s? Anyone ask Mr K on twitter?

No, just rumors. I doubt that anyone from Arcadia will actually say which licenses they have and which one they don't. When Arcadia announces a 1/60 VF-1 reissue we know they have the license. If Bandai announces a new 1/60 DX Chogokin we know that Arcadia has lost the license.

I'm not even sure I would trust them to release those really. They did a hi-metal Max with the first line, but stopped there, and didn't continue. They've advertised them with the new lineup, but I'm curious if they'll ever get around to them.

Though, given how M&M valks seem to be fairly low sellers in general, maybe they'll be web shop exclusives that we don't have to play web shop roulette with.

My main feeling is----they're TV-style J-types. Zero remolding costs, when the first release is apparently a TV Hikaru. That's my main justification for hoping they'll do M&M.

I can see them skipping TV A-type or even DYRL-A. But if there's just two variants to make, it'd be TV-J and DYRL-S.

I'm not even sure I would trust them to release those really. They did a hi-metal Max with the first line, but stopped there, and didn't continue. They've advertised them with the new lineup, but I'm curious if they'll ever get around to them.

Though, given how M&M valks seem to be fairly low sellers in general, maybe they'll be web shop exclusives that we don't have to play web shop roulette with.

I'm pretty sure the HiMetal Max 1J was a web exclusive. It came in the same sort of box as any of the webshop add-on weapon type exclusives they've sold. And based on how easy it was to buy after release I don't think it sold well enough for them to even bother with the Milia variant.

Remember that the HM line failed the first time around because competition was abundant. The HMs sold, a bit, but most people were like "I could spend $10 more and get a Yamato V2 so.... I'll do that." It's obviously very different today. I'm curious to see how far they'll go with the line and I don't think Miria is super high on their to-do list, but we know she's at least on their list and that the HMRs seem to be off to a good start from a sales perspective.

I don't think the Macross DX line is even 1/60. They don't list a scale on the box. So, if Bandai does end up getting a VF-1 license, they already have a couple variations of it in different scales. I hope Arcadia does still keep it. Their VF-1 in 1/60 is really a solid toy.

Also, the M&M 1/60 is a hard find. There's a Miliya on YJ for about $600+. I have an open Miliya, but I wouldn't sell it for less than $500.

Edited by Jasonc

I expect a lot out of this line this time around.

The collector's toy industry is totally different now. There is really no comparison.

Demand has grown globally.

The market for specialty figures was smaller back then

And Tamashi is a much more serious about their business.

Then they probably did something wrong, or Arcadia did something wrong, because the scales are off.

Can you be more specific? What toys do you think are the wrong size? I'm happy to validate. I have been getting better at doing this as part of my review process but there are plenty I haven't gotten to yet.

Here's an example:

http://anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Arcadia-YF-19-23.jpg

Edited by jenius

If you're thinking about the VF-25 series, I don't think Bandai was all that concerned with keeping to a specific scale. They're "about" 1/60, but short of the Master File, I'm not sure if many sources have directly stated how big the VF-25 even is. And, to clarify, I don't mean how big they say it is, but how big the aircraft would be if you had the CGI model, and could take direct comparisons to an object of known size.

If you're going by pilot or cockpit size though, all bets are off.

The best physical comparison would probably be between Hasegawa's 1/72 kits of both aircraft.