1/60 V.2 Max and Miria VF-1J's

Archer

Max 1A's and 22's are still very easy to come buy. His 1S and 1J variants are much harder, if near impossible.

His S was in stock as back order at anime-export up until a few months back. I should've ordered it. Wonder if Gattai Hobby can track it down. There are also a few on ebay but the asking price is $225+.

Now his J, that one is a lot harder to track down. I remember the Bandai Max and Milia reissues not selling well either. It just makes me believe even more that DYRL? is favored in Japan over the TV series. Even Kaiyodo made the Revoltech Max and Milia as exclusives, while Skull Team was mass market. Maybe they thought Max/Milia wouldn't sell?

to be honest i'm surprised its not been reissued. I'm SUPER glad i jumped on them as they were about to become hard to find. i think i bought the pair from toy-wave back a couple months after they were first released? yeah the 1/48s were shelf warmers so i guess thats why the limited run, but given the demand now i'm sure they could make a nother small run and sell them all out.

His DYRL 1A was re-released pretty recently with boxed-in strike packs, along with Kakizaki's. These were right after the change over to the non-coated canopies. But I don't think is 1S or TV 1J have ever had a re-release. Maybe the M&M valks just don't have as big a fan following in Japan?

I actually was going to pass on Max and Kaki's DYRL valks entirely until the strike bundles were put on sale at HLJ. I might get his 1S someday if it's re-released, but I've already got 17 of the things now, and that 18th spot is reserved for a VE-1, and then I'd need one more for an even 20. :p

So I am somewhat new to the Yamato Line and was wondering if you could help me clear up some confusion. I personally like the M&M models but I get confused on the models and versions. What is the difference between the 1A, 1J, and 1S variants? Also as far as I know right now, Yamato has is on V2 of the 1/60 release, and never released a V2 of the 1/48. In addition, what are the differences between the DYRL? M&M models vs. the standard series versions. I know these are noob questions but could someone help clear this up for me?

So I am somewhat new to the Yamato Line and was wondering if you could help me clear up some confusion. I personally like the M&M models but I get confused on the models and versions. What is the difference between the 1A, 1J, and 1S variants? Also as far as I know right now, Yamato has is on V2 of the 1/60 release, and never released a V2 of the 1/48. In addition, what are the differences between the DYRL? M&M models vs. the standard series versions. I know these are noob questions but could someone help clear this up for me?

A/J/S: toywise, the only differences are the heads. In the series, squadron leaders pilot the S model, flight team leaders pilot the J, and cannon fodder and low ranking pilots get the A.

1/48 V2: correct, never made.

DYR/? Vs TV series: different cockpit display(HUD in TV cockpit, none in DYR/? Cockpit), TV versions come with swappable animation accurate rounded hands, DYRL? Valks come with blocky swappable hands. DYRL? Main characters. Valks are all Skull Team, for TV, Hikaru, Kakixaki and Max are part of Vermillion with Hikaru moving to Skull after Roy dies.

Milia joins Vermillion after marrying Max in the TV series. In DYRL? She never pilots a valkyrie, just her red Qrau

A/J/S: toywise, the only differences are the heads. In the series, squadron leaders pilot the S model, flight team leaders pilot the J, and cannon fodder and low ranking pilots get the A.

Isn't the 1S (FF2001D) engine the one with the "slots" (like TV Roy VF-1S) while the others (particularly 1A) had visible turbine detail in the feet (FF2001)? Or was that a block evolution? The Master File shows both on page 79 but not exactly sure what it's saying there.

Isn't the 1S (FF2001D) engine the one with the "slots" (like TV Roy VF-1S) while the others (particularly 1A) had visible turbine detail in the feet (FF2001)? Or was that a block evolution? The Master File shows both on page 79 but not exactly sure what it's saying there.

I wasn't under the impression that the engines were ever meant to look different, and it was just animation inconsistency. But I havent read the Master File's take on it either.

• 1 month later...

Those are v.2 photos, but why the seller show photos of the v.1 boxes (all photos but the boxes one are from several sites)? Maybe he is trying to trick buyers in to thinking they are buying v.2 while they are really getting v.1. Also $271 USD seems a low price for a Max and Millia VF-1J v.2 set.

Edited by Froy

They're probably the version ones and the seller took the wrong stock photos from google. Also stay FAR away from esthertool or cherrytab or whatever the hell they call themselves now. That ebayer doesn't do a good job packing his toys.

Edited by mass driver

They're probably the version ones and the seller took the wrong stock photos from google. Also stay FAR away from esthertool or cherrytab or whatever the hell they call themselves now. That ebayer doesn't do a good job packing his toys.

Good to know, thanks!

I agree, stay the hell away from them no matter how cheap thier things are, their packing is the worse

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info. Although I am waiting probably like many people that Yamato will reissue the M&M like the VE-1 and also hopefuly re-release the VT-1. I would think Yamato would because they are doing reissues with option parts and since M&M models are Blue and Red, they would need to reissue these both with option parts in the respective colors. The VE-1 reissue has grey option parts which are different from the white on the VF-1 and VF-1D so it would make sense. Hopefully 2013 brings some surprises.

I thought Yamato peaked in here from time to time. I think just about everyone wants these (at least the multitudes that missed out the first go round). That's easy money in the bank at this point.

• 1 year later...

I think with the Arcadia GBP announcement folks will be in luck soon with a M&M re-release.

Until then -- enjoy these pics.

My Millia rainbow canopy is a mess, so you Arcadia buyers will get to avoid that issue at least . . .

attachicon.gifHanger_MM_Full2_sm.jpg

attachicon.gifHanger_MM_Max_Top_sm.jpg

attachicon.gifHanger_MM_CF_Top_sm.jpg

attachicon.gifHanger_MM_Millia_Bottom_sm.jpg

attachicon.gifHanger_MM_Max_Bottom_sm.jpg

Aaaaaaaah! I'll kill you!

Almost had a heart attack. I was like: arcadia is doing it yay! where is my preoder button!

Nice pics though :)

If the rainbow coating has deteriorated to the point that it looks bad---strip it off.

If it's anything like what's wrong with my Millia's canopy, it's actually the exact opposite.. they put the coating on so thick, you can barely see through it, and it'll take a lot more work than usual to remove.