Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really collect Hot Toys, but I sometimes scan the auctions to see if anyone is selling one on the cheap (unboxed, minor damage, etc). I've noticed this one listing that keeps popping up every so often. The listing is always the same, an Iron Man Mark 42 figure for $100 o.b.o. shipped. Every time it's up, the seller is a different account located in a different part of the country. I figure it's got to be a scam of some kind, either knock off figures or listing it as a Movie Masterpiece figure when it's really from the cheaper Power Pose line. But part of me is tempted to roll the dice and see what happens. I figure eBay's buyer protection policy will cover me in the event it's a fraudulent seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-1-6-MMS197D02-Diecast-Series-Iron-Man-3-Mark-XLII-42-IN-STOCK-/191473341501?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2c94b3543d

What do you all think?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Every time it's up, the seller is a different account located in a different part of the country.

What do you all think?

this answers it. B))

I have a quite a few HT figures and they tend to be...fragile :(

Gotta be careful with the soft goods so they aren't "playable" exactly and can be easy to mess up. Maybe pack it away until he's older and can take good care of it. You probably just want to hunt down the all plastic action figure so he can bash that around until he's ready for the HT in any case.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

I'm not a big enough fan to ever buy MJ but at least Hot Toys chose Thriller-era handsome Mikey ^_^...instead of what he turned into :(

he must be popular bc it's sold out :D

Well, with a release month of October you have plenty of time to fully decide in buying.

His angry head would be so much better if only the whites of his eyes can be seen.

If you scroll through some of the pictures it shows that it is possible for the angry head to just show the white of his eyes. Nice nod to the manga art there. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...