New DX VF171 EX Sheryl Nome With Super Part

IXTL

Looks nice, better than the promo they had on display where they forgot to slide the backpack down. I have yet to open mine up. Are the super parts darker than the alto and cannon fodder parts? They almost appear black.

Edited by Loop

Thanks guys! The parts seem darker than the others but I really haven't been able to compare it yet. So far the triangles "feel" fine although I've only transformed it once to its three modes. The white on it seems to be a darker shade than the Alto but again I haven't had time to bust out my other 171's to compare. Joints are tight as hell BTW.

Looks nice, better than the promo they had on display where they forgot to slide the backpack down. I have yet to open mine up. Are the super parts darker than the alto and cannon fodder parts? They almost appear black.

It's just the lighting. The color of the parts are identical to the previous releases.

I just opened mine last night, and am fairly happy with it. The exception, though, is that I did not realize that this particular armor set wasn't going to come with the reaction warheads or the MDE bombs. This is highly annoying to me, as I was going to outfit my YF-30 with 4 reaction warheads. Ah well.

Addited to Marcross DX超合金 since VF-19 Advance...
Am I too late? ;p
Should I get VF-27 & YF-29? YF-29 is so expensive...
_DSC5973.jpg
_DSC6034.JPG
_DSC6036.JPG
_DSC6040.JPG

You should aim for the upcoming YF-29b first. Your photos are awesome but I think it could use some contrast. The shadows are barely visible in some shots but that's just a personal preference though.

Edited by neoexcaliber

Battorid Mode! 【VF-171EX Nightmare Plus】超時空要塞F

Quite difficult to take a good pic of this stuff coz of its bulky size...
Will, it is not as skinny as 2X series (& the YF-30... sick...)
Finally I change the perspective to make it seems even stronger!
Enjoy!

http://gundamatefsf.blogspot.hk/2015/07/battorid-mode-vf-171ex-nightmare-plusf.html

_DSC6063.jpg

_DSC6066.jpg

_DSC6057.jpg

_DSC6067.jpg

I opened my VF-171EX Itasha and I quite like it. No qc issues or missing pieces (nipple guns, cockpit strut, mini flaps) so far but the lower leg rotation joint is scary as always. I have to say that in my opinion the VF-171 has the best transformation scheme of all the Frontier Valkyries. After handling to versions of the toy I think I know what to do so transforming is possible in quite a breeze.

The only thing I don't like it the metal swing piece that is used as the hips. Depending on the tightness of the hip joints the locking mechanism just don't seem to work right most of the time.

I think I'm a bit sad that there are not more options regarding the head turret and the add-on sets.

[edit:] I think I should get an Alto and Luca Custom also so I have a squad but at the moment I have no room and my soon to be completed Frontier (VF-27Beta) display. I also need to get a YF-25 some time down the road. I also could imagine to leave my VF-171CF naked on display in Fighter-Mode so I don't break anything and switch the chest and leg armor over to Lucas unit.

Edited by Scyla