Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

Macross sure is a strange bird as far as settings. I don't think I've followed any other space opera franchise that places sequels so close to each other chronologically. The biggest gap has been 28 years and now this 8 year gap seems like the smallest between major productions.

Now that time displacement is part of the Macross canon....wonder if it will play any part in this new series?.....perhaps "Delta" is the name of some new "time/space/fold" technology or coordinate in space that allows for ease of travelling through time....a convergence point like a river "delta"....

Could the events in Macross30 have cause any detrimental timeline distortions?

Macross sure is a strange bird as far as settings. I don't think I've followed any other space opera franchise that places sequels so close to each other chronologically. The biggest gap has been 28 years and now this 8 year gap seems like the smallest between major productions.

Every separate Star Wars trilogy? ;)

Well this announcement serves more as a casting/audition call than anything else really. I'm not expecting anymore details for another 2-3 months at least.

Another leap forward into the future from the last series yet again. Considering the years I'm expecting some serious hyper-technology designs in the new valks. As much as I love the original Valk designs, in comparisons to our real world plane designs, the amount of years from the VF-1 to the new series it's equivalent from the flight of the Wright brothers to jet fighters.

Of course this is Kawamori we're talking about here and he has stated he always wanted to continue to do something new to avoid getting stale, so I wouldn't put it past him.

This is great news having just coming down from excitement of MWCon... it's always positively overwhelming to hang out with people that just love Macross and in so many different ways. I'm gonna be hyped at every development tidbit. Who's going to win this? Who's music are they going to use? Which character designer? Can't wait to find that all out.

Now that time displacement is part of the Macross canon....wonder if it will play any part in this new series?.....perhaps "Delta" is the name of some new "time/space/fold" technology or coordinate in space that allows for ease of travelling through time....a convergence point like a river "delta"....

Could the events in Macross30 have cause any detrimental timeline distortions?

8 years later.. Alto finds Basara on the new Vajra planet, Alto flies around, Basara yells at Aikun to listen to his song.

Then we find out Gubaba actually is the keep of spacetime, and defolds Everyone in one spot. Bandai makes toys of

everything. Fin.

That's it.

8 years later.. Alto finds Basara on the new Vajra planet, Alto flies around, Basara yells at Aikun to listen to his song.

Then we find out Gubaba actually is the keep of spacetime, and defolds Everyone in one spot. Bandai makes toys of

everything. Fin.

That's it.

And there goes Arcadia's Macross licensing for anything but creepy dolls! :lol:

Guest davidwhangchoi

finally some news to talk about!!! i was getting restless talking about nothing. activity will be picking back up on MW!!!

It's nice to finally have a title, can't wait for more! 2067...about 8 years, this may be far enough out to perhaps introduce a new space fortress design. Unlike most, I've always loved the SDF-1 over any Valkyrie. (I <3 my 1/3000 Yamato SDF!)

The Battle 7/Frontier type didn't have the detail or majesty of the SDF-1, so I look forward to a possibly all new design.

Edited by OptimusX

The word "canon" should never be used with Macross... lol.

Was trying desperately to come up with some pun about the SDF-1 or other capital ships and their cannons then I realized, extra "n". Darn.

This is great news having just coming down from excitement of MWCon... it's always positively overwhelming to hang out with people that just love Macross and in so many different ways. I'm gonna be hyped at every development tidbit. Who's going to win this? Who's music are they going to use? Which character designer? Can't wait to find that all out.

Agreed.

Meanwhile, HG is still trying to figure out how to PLAN a new show...

Right? At this point they'd be wise to just license the property to someone (assuming a studio has interest) and collect royalties.

i guess bandai's sponsoring the show, so i guess the new valks that come out the toys will be done by bandai.

Pre-order madness. Again.

And, if I that whole time travel thing from the Macross 30 game is anything to go by, perhaps Bandai could get licenses to every Valk era so far! I kid, I kid. But then again, who knows?...

The idea of new toys always appeals to me, but the thought of trying to get an order in for a Bandai Macross product makes me unhappy.

In any event I'm very excited for the new show and even more so to check out the new Valkyries.

-b.

Great news!

If I remember correctly, for Frontier the auditions started in March 2007, in August same year they announced Megumi as Ranka's voice and they showed some clips. Then in December the first ep. and in April 2008 the start of the series. As skullmilitia mentioned, I guess 2016 will be when Delta will start.

If I remember correctly, for Frontier the auditions started in March 2007, in August same year they announced Megumi as Ranka's voice and they showed some clips. Then in December the first ep. and in April 2008 the start of the series. As skullmilitia mentioned, I guess 2016 will be when Delta will start.

It's probably dependent on the networks' scheduling as well. FYI, the normal start months for TV seasons in Japan are January, April, July, and October. It would be nice if they could be scheduled in January 2016, but I guess that's up to the networks. Who knows how far out they're scheduled to.

You know you want a Dolfie Alto, ... and even a Pedifila (That name is LOL) Alto from Arcadia!

Creepy dolls for everyone!

heheh......no.

....but, whatever happened to that Hikaru and VF-1 cockpit Arcadia was boasting about back in the early days right after Yamato's demise?

LOL....Angel-philia doesn't sound much better does it? :wacko:

Edited by jvmacross

heheh......no.

....but, whatever happened to that Hikaru and VF-1 cockpit Arcadia was boasting about back in the early days right after Yamato's demise?

LOL....Angel-philia doesn't sound much better does it? :wacko:

It'll come out eventually, along with the 1/60 monster.. you know, in 2013

i guess bandai's sponsoring the show, so i guess the new valks that come out the toys will be done by bandai.

Price-wise, that's great! I can't afford to keep buying $300-400 Arcadia toys.

Pre-order wise... aarrrrggggh! Maybe if Bandai could be convinced to make everything a web exclusive...

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Not really all that excited about the new valks if they follow the hyper tech of frontier what with cyborgs and crystals yada yada. Give me a planetary setting because I want to see proper atmospheric dogfights.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be another high school cast, but here's hoping.

Great to finally have a name. Keen to see what direction Kawamori takes this in.

And has anyone been over to RT to tell them the good news?;)

They have a thread on it in the "Southern Macrosspeada" section of their forums. It's been up around the same time as this thrrad, but no replies so far.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Just to be clear, it's not clear if the triangle/delta symbol is supposed to be read as "delta". There is nothing on the few images released so far that hint or suggest at how we're supposed to read it.

It could very well be "Macross Triangle", or even something bizarre as "Macross Turn Triangle" (a la "Gundam Turn A".

As much as I'd like to throw my support into the "it's a Greek letter" camp (as Kawamori-san has a penchant for appending Greek letters to enemy Valkyries), I'm inclined to opt for the "it's a stylized triangle", because love triangles are one of the core themes of Macross, and the hero Valkyries get Roman letters, not Greek ones!

Mr. K from arcadia developing the vf-0D asked what is the symbol on the butt end of the new title?

時に新タイトルのお尻についているマークは、何て読むのかしらね・・・?
デルタの様です。(ネットってすぐ回答が解るので、苦労しないね・・・)
he thinks it's a delta (he says we'll find out soon enough)