DYRL Bluray Release Confirmed

SCOOPUDA!

Hmm... Looks like they sold out again on CD Japan, but fear not they're still offering it up as a special request item on the page. That means they'll try and track the product down from other places like retail stores and, of course, Amazon.

So chances you can get it is still there.

Edited by Strumvogel

Have they ever come subbed? :huh: I think they actually confirmed it does not come subbed. And to be honest, unless it was a HK boot, I don't think any of the Blurays have ever come with subs.

I only ask since two high profile animu's have been confirmed to have subs for dem gaijin.

K, maybe it wasn't AmiAmi that got upset for cancelling orders, but I guess I'll find out. I usually prefer HLJ anyway since I can use FedEx, and I've had less trouble with them than the normal mail.

Also checked on the SDFM sets, and yeah, I didn't realize there were two versions. I can't say I'm really interested in that set though, since the animation isn't anything that HD would really improve. The bonus materials are nice, but I really can't justify spending that much for them. I've gotta save for that VF-19F and VF-17D (not to mention the VF-171) later this year. ^_^

Edited by Chronocidal

Thanks for the info Keith.

Hopefully this actually works out.

Should work out okay. I read up on cdjapan's requested item info, and it looks like they may actually be ordering direct from Bandai's store.

I only ask since two high profile animu's have been confirmed to have subs for dem gaijin.

So far the only recent bluray set's I've heard having english subs are the Haruhi Suzumiya complete set, the Haruhi chan/nyoro~n churuya chan set, Gundam Unicorn, Gundam Age, & the new Gundam SEED HD set's all have english subs. There are more like Big O & Paranoia Agent which have dubs (but no subs), but subs are still few & far between.

It's certainly a trend and, according to Bandai, will be more common in the future. Having said that, the subtitles tend to be on new or relatively newer shows, especially those with no overseas licensing issues (even if they are only potential ones).

As a good example - the upcoming Yamato series 1 BD remaster will be raw whereas Yamato 2199 will have subs.

So far the only recent bluray set's I've heard having english subs are the Haruhi Suzumiya complete set, the Haruhi chan/nyoro~n churuya chan set, Gundam Unicorn, Gundam Age, & the new Gundam SEED HD set's all have english subs. There are more like Big O & Paranoia Agent which have dubs (but no subs), but subs are still few & far between.

See above :-) My wallet already hates this new trend.

Sorry to get off topic!

I guess I have to join in the discussion as well. :)

Cdjapan had about 22 LE box sets yesterday early morning (West Coast time). By the time my preorder was completed (around 5 minutes) it was already down to 15. Didn't know it was going to be that hot of a seller for a 30 year old Macross movie. Then again it is Macross: DYRL! :D

For those who live in Los Angeles area and want to order the LE box, there are two places you can try (I preordered at two places before cdjapan):

1) Torrance area: Asahiya Express Bookstore inside Marukai market. They do special orders for blu-rays. You will be paying the full MSRP for the box set. The lady at the counter told me it will cost $210 + tax, which I think it is not too bad considering shipping and the (crappy) exchange rate. Plus, she said they will try to get it to me on the day of its official release - The day of my birthday!!! Nice!!! The only thing is that they are unsure if they can get it since it is a hybrid disk (Movie+Game). However, if they don't call me that they can't get it from now til near the release date, then I am all good.

2) West LA: Hyper Game at Sawtelle. This small little shop is where you can get the latest JP video games in LA. Prices for any JP games brand new are expensive. I have seen them sell the 2nd Macross F movie (Regular Edition) when it came out. The owner of the shop is currently in Japan til April 4th, but I was still able to preorder it from his assistant. I will get the pricing info and arrival date when he comes back. I think it will be around $200 + tax as well.

Will update this when I get more information. :)

Edited by jet660

That brings up another question though.. Despite HG's best efforts to stifle it, people still seem to be able to get copies of Macross Plus here in the US. Is that only because the Manga Entertainment release slipped through a loophole, and only they can still distribute it, or does that loophole apply to the title itself, and any new release could also be sold here?

Either way, with it being the only Macross release to get an official dub and subtitles, it would be sad if they left them out.

It also begs the question of how they would release it.. combined OVA/Movie edition, or each separately? I almost wish they would combine the best of both, but the intro to the movie edition would lose a lot of its impact if the VF-11 battle was patched into it.

I ordered a copy of the LE from CD Japan yesterday and e-mailed YesAsia to cancel my order with them at the higher price. However, I had forgotten that this is classified as a game, and preorders for games can't be cancelled at YesAsia. They did make a one time exception for me, but it's something to be aware of.

The fast sell outs at places like CD Japan is likely due in part to foreigners being unable to get this from Amazon JP.

That brings up another question though.. Despite HG's best efforts to stifle it, people still seem to be able to get copies of Macross Plus here in the US. Is that only because the Manga Entertainment release slipped through a loophole, and only they can still distribute it, or does that loophole apply to the title itself, and any new release could also be sold here?

Either way, with it being the only Macross release to get an official dub and subtitles, it would be sad if they left them out.

It also begs the question of how they would release it.. combined OVA/Movie edition, or each separately? I almost wish they would combine the best of both, but the intro to the movie edition would lose a lot of its impact if the VF-11 battle was patched into it.

Like the HD remaster DVD a few years ago, it'd be an OVA + Movie set. As for how Plus got released, no loophole, Manga legally licensed it from Big West. They just avoided HG's harassment by handling their digital distribution for them. Seriously, look at any digital download copies of robotech, and you'll see they're handled by Manga.

I've bitten the bullet and ordered my mine on YesAsia. Yeah it's more expensive but they've always shipped very quickly and the exchange rate to the dollar for me is better than that to the yen at the moment.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if the Plus set has subtitles when it's announced. Though it'll probably only have the dub.

The Plus HD-Remaster dvd-release did not contain english-subs nor english-dubs.

I'll be quite surprised if either BV or BigWest change their minds again for the Plus BD-release to include either or both.

Play-Asia hasn't opened preorders yet because their supplier hasn't offered them.

Some Bandai Blurays have english subs because Bandai basically stopped releasing stuff in the USA outside of digital. It's really hit-or-miss, though.

I might have a lead on a vendor who will be offering the LE, I'll let you guys know once I know.

The Plus HD-Remaster dvd-release did not contain english-subs nor english-dubs.

I'll be quite surprised if either BV or BigWest change their minds again for the Plus BD-release to include either or both.

Yeah, and I don't understand why. I have the previous release (non-remaster) Japanese DVD sets and they have both the Japanese and English audio dubs. Why take out features, if they can't even license it abroad??

Ordered on yesasia because it's the only import site I've used in years (my wife is a huge Arashi fan) and they've been spot-on (I've had numerous troubles with amazon.co.jp and cdjapan).

I've long since gotten over my mecha and anime obsession, but I still have a spot in my heart for DYRL...My SVHS fan sub is still in my collection even though the tape has worn through multiple times (the first couple fixed with scotch tape back in the late 90s...still holding up!). I've got a couple of digisubs on some hard drives somewhere (the ones I've burned to cds have long since become unreadable).

I'll pay the extra couple bucks to ensure it gets in my house. (I also wonder when the last time I posted on this forum was...I still lurk around occasionally).

Here's hoping.

Finally they have gone to blu-ray, it's too bad the collectors pack sold out too quick, so i'll live and learn to read the tv forums first before going to the toy section. I placed it on my wish list and preordered the regular version. And as for Ishiguro's passing, I say rest in peace my friend and thank you. :(-_-

The popularity of this will only boost our chances of seeing a Macross The First series.

I'd love to see some numbers on how many of these Macross BD/Games get sold outside of Japan. To be honest I have no idea if its 20 or 2000.

To those who were able to pre-ordered it from CDJapan, I received a charged from "GMO PAYMENT GATEWAY" on my card, can anyone of you confirm this is CDJapan? (the charge is still currently pending). Thanks!

I would of thought they didn't charge you till the order was in? (standard practice for pre-orders) So is CD Japan charging us now prior to July 26th?!

Should work out okay. I read up on cdjapan's requested item info, and it looks like they may actually be ordering direct from Bandai's store.

And today in my inbox I find...

Thank you for using our Special Request Shopping Service.

We are sorry to inform you that

the following items you requested have sold out.

----------------------------------

TITLE : Macross: Do You Remember Love ? Hybrid Pack 30th Anniversary box First press limited edition [PS3 + Blu-Ray]

----------------------------------

We appreciate your understanding in this matter and

apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,

Saeko Obi

:(