Yamato 1/60 v.2 2 seaters

newca

off topic, but just wonder why he got to use a cf1j to train...just because he is main character ? :p

I think because of some unexplained plot contrivance they decided to bump him strait to squadron leader so he was doing basic training and command training at the same time.

I think because of some unexplained plot contrivance they decided to bump him strait to squadron leader so he was doing basic training and command training at the same time.

Maybe for the same reason Max makes squad leader - everybody else is dead.

Pete

nah, he was made a squad leader later on and for a specific reason. I'm gonna go with "cuz he's the main character" or "cuz he was best friends with the CAG"

I dont visit the forum for 2 and a half days and look what happens!!!

Damn, that Ostrich is absolutely mind blowing. I love my v.1 ostrich but this is definitely much much better. The question now for me is weather or not I try to sell my v.1 ostrich?

The whole thing can easily be explained away with the necessities of war. Here is a population that is stranded on a ship in the outer rim of the Solar system, surrounded by an enemy with a largely unknown technology that is obviously vastly superior. The real question is, why was the large majority of the population NOT drafted or at least used heavily in a civil defense capacity? As for Hikaru's quick rise: accelerated advancement and lax regulations for comissioning officers. If this sounds far fetched, consider Viet Nam. My dad joined the Marines in late '67 and by the end of bootcamp, although earning an advancement to E-2, he was offered commissioning through OCS by simply taking a college equivalency exam. Why, because infantry platoon commanders were dying at an alarming rate at the time. Do the Marines, (or any branch of the service for that matter,) who are comprised of a %100 volunteer force, do that now? Hell no.

Edited by warrhead

Received a newsletter from Overdrive where they say the VF-1D will start shipping this monday!!!!

Thank you! So now I am overly excited. I suppose that is is possible that I could have this by the end of next week?

I guess this confirms that it comes with missles! :lol: Anyway I like the box art. It's something a bit different from what they usually do.

post-9075-1235312760_thumb.jpg

So many valks, so little money. What are the chances that this will still be available say... 3 months from now?

I'm betting pretty good. You can still buy most of the other Valks at Overdrive and other places. You just might have to wait a little while till they get more in stock.

Just messing with Photoshop. This thing is so awesome in all three modes but battroid is really shining for me. Some color variations....

med_gallery_4840_100_129148.jpg

med_gallery_4840_100_512732.jpg

med_gallery_4840_100_650584.jpg

Wow miriya, where did you get these pictures, i havent seen the source of the original, but damn it looks good, this could be my first dive into the vf-1 1/60.

I'm betting pretty good. You can still buy most of the other Valks at Overdrive and other places. You just might have to wait a little while till they get more in stock.

Alright then thanks. I've just given Overdrive quite abit of cash for the DX Super packs and one of those SDF1 shirts and its time to give my wallet a break!

I am just glad Yamato included guns and missiles for this valk. ^_^ I was worried that just because it was a trainer model that no weapons were going to be included.

And I just paid for my order on HLJ, so it should be at my doorstep in a week.