Yamato 1/60 v.2 2 seaters

newca

Well get to scanning it! MARCH, MISTER!

Vostok 7

SIR, YES, SIR!!

I'll do the VF-1D page, too, then, shall I? It's got new pics (at least to me, they are) clearly showing the length of the fuselage and cockpit are identical to the Roy. Hmm.

Oh me, oh mine.

This looks reeeeeeeeealllyyyyyyy nnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

The cockpit looks good, and the size of the head looks spot on. I wonder if the sides of the head open and close like the lineart demonstrates.

Hmmmm, I'm also wondering if Yamato went the cheap route and just slapped normal VF-1A arms on this. Need clearer pics to verify.

Thanks, Renato.

Wow that looks great! Seems like the toy is all ready to go but they are postphoning release till July? Maybe we can swap this cockpit with the VF-1D one for better display purposes in fighter mode :p

Thanks for the scans!

Edited by edwin3060

*drooooooooooooooooool* That's seriously the best VT-1 I've ever seen. The cockpit is SPOT ON. Looks like the VT-1's head will rotate up flat in non-Super fighter mode like it's supposed to. YUMMAY!

And is it just me or do those shots of the -1D actually look a little better than the ones we've seen before?

I can't wait for either of them. And the VE-1 too!

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

HOLY SH!T :o

I have but one question: WHEN?

I'm definitely getting two of the Elintseeker and Ostrich. No doubt in my mind.

Speaking of two-seaters, when is HLJ going to start offering the VF-1D?

It already has - early bird was over a week ago or so

HOLY SH!T :o

I have but one question: WHEN?

I'm definitely getting two of the Elintseeker and Ostrich. No doubt in my mind.

Speaking of two-seaters, when is HLJ going to start offering the VF-1D?

They've hidden it under "Action Figures" yet the GN-U are under "Toys" I don't understand HLJ's logic at times.

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00104

And, that has GOT TO BE MISA HAYASE in the VT-1... please please

It's Minmey - you can tell from the color of her flight suit. Misa wasn't wearing an orange one - she was just in her regular white flight suit with Kaifun...

No Misa love.

It's Minmey - AGAIN! only this time with her orange helment on and no cute dress... :)

Pete

Actually, the text in the magazine says it is actually Misa Hayase. I know, it doesn't make any sense in terms of chronology, but I guess they wanted to make both Minmay and Misa fans happy.

One thing I noticed is that the VT-1 again seems to suffer from tiny tailfins. Argh.

Oh me, oh mine.

This looks reeeeeeeeealllyyyyyyy nnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

The cockpit looks good, and the size of the head looks spot on. I wonder if the sides of the head open and close like the lineart demonstrates. IT DOES!!!!

Hmmmm, I'm also wondering if Yamato went the cheap route and just slapped normal VF-1A arms on this. Need clearer pics to verify.

THEY DIDN"T THE ARMS ARE CORRECT!!!

Thanks, Renato.

I think this is their best sculpt of the VT-1 or any-two seater by far.

Just noticed that the flat antennae on the head swivels.

If the head tucks into the fuselage during fighter, I am soooooooo buying two of these.

Edited by nightmareB4macross

Actually, the text in the magazine says it is actually Misa Hayase. I know, it doesn't make any sense in terms of chronology, but I guess they wanted to make both Minmay and Misa fans happy.

I would bet that the text is a mistake. I mean - given the attention to detail at Yamato, I really doubt that they made the passenger in an orange flight suit with a big helment (used to "hide" minmey) that Minmey used and that this choice was PURE COINCIDENCE and they then said "uhh...it's Misa!" So - while it's possible, I still would really be scratching my head as to why Yamato would make a perfect replica of Minmey from DYRL and try to push her off as Misa... So my guess is that the text is wrong (wrong in the sense that it's a mistaken identity).

If the head tucks into the fuselage during fighter, I am soooooooo buying two of these.

I think I prefer the VF-1D to the VT. Of course I'll get it and I like it, but the only thing that would make me go ape over it would be an accurate Misa Hayes in flight suite.

Silly, I know, that whether or not I like a hundred + dollar figure is based on the two centimeter goob of plastic puddy that sits in the PASSENGER seat...but...still :)

pete

Damn another 1/60 I'll have to pick up! :lol: That VT looks awesome (even has the different wings!). Anybody know if there is an MSRP listed for it yet?

Now the only problem is to decide which 1/60 repaint to order with it! ^_^

Also need to find enough scratch somewhere to get a VF-11B.........makes it tough when, by the time I save enough money, I start thinking I could buy 2 VF-1s for the same price. :mellow:

Edited by logos

Awesome! Thank guys for the infos. The VT-1 look great & to be released in July. Since Graham lets the cat loose a bit, I'm sure E-1 shud not be far off.

So much anticipations this year for Macross!

Edited by Javabean

The best part about the V2 VT-1 to me is that it doesn't suffer from the "stubby" undersized rear aerilons like the V1 version did. It actually looks normal in standard fighter mode (without Fast Packs). If the VE-1 uses the exact same body...and doesn't have a permanently-installed radar connector that looks like an oversized tailhook when the FPs are removed, it'll be gold!

On a side note, it COULD be Misa in the back seat. She DID wear one of the orange EVA suits in the Rabbit shuttle along with Minmay's brother Kaifun when they were captured by the Zentraedi. But if it was supposed to be a movie-accurate Misa, she and Hikaru would have come wearing just their duty jumpsuits, not flightsuits.

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

I'd be disturbed if this small VT-1 exclude weapons and other ordanances!

Well to be accurate, the VT-1 is basically the DYRL version of the VF-1D...its a trainer, nothing more. But in a completely different role than the 1D. It's outfitted with Fast Packs to acclimate new pilots to space piloting as opposed to piloting in an atmosphere. Since it was intended for such a mundane purpose, it was probably not outfitted with a gunpod or missiles. That also explains why the head unit is more in line with the VE-1's "sensor suite" head instead of a combat model like the VF-1A or 1S.

Or another POV could be that this is what will ultimately become the VF-1C Civilian model (as seen in Macross 7's "Space Whale" OVA).

Edited by Cyclone Trooper