I thought Hanamono was going to be it's own stand aloje arc next season, or possibly doe similar to Nekomono Black.

Since Daisuki put both 20 & 21 up this week, I'm finally wll caught up. Had to cover up while I was tearing up at work watching the Shinobu Time wrap up, followed by far too much chuckling at the latest ep. Ik sure I didn't look insane at all..

My favorite part,

aside from tge whole Hawiian shirt thig, was Kaiki throwing his coffde in Sensyogahara's face when she mentioned selling herself to get the money. He once and for all showed hmself to have a heart, despite hs repeated clams of only caring about money.

I can't wait to see how this arc plays out. Then I want to buy it all on bluray, and watch it again!

My favorite part,

aside from tge whole Hawiian shirt thig, was Kaiki throwing his coffde in Sensyogahara's face when she mentioned selling herself to get the money. He once and for all showed hmself to have a heart, despite hs repeated clams of only caring about money.

Indeed, indeed.

Add to that that he has a soft spot for either Kanbaru's mom or his aunt and the big nasty villain is shown to have a heart after all.

I'm still smiling when I remember all his SHAFT head poses during his mirrors soliloquy

finally caught up after a long trip. kinda ironic that while i was in Kyoto, i occasionally thought of going home so i can watch Monogatari.

regret being spoiled about the ending of the Shinobu Time arc, but it was very moving nonetheless.

will miss Hachikuji immensely.

i also have a vague idea about how this last story arc will end, but i think it will still be surprising (at least the how's) for me given that Kaiki is involved. he's turning out to be even more interesting than Meme, albeit perhaps not as cool, but also cool in his own way.

so Shinobu Time did take 4 eps, and i'm glad Koimonogatari started immediately after and looks to have 5 eps. more Senjougahara is always better.

got a feeling though that we might be in for a surprise in the last half or last third of the season ender episode. maybe a preview of sorts, or some kind of wrap-up.

I just caught up with episode 20 and 21 yesterday...

I'm going to be the voice of dissent on episode 20; I don't think it was all that moving. I actually thought the events of episodes 7 through 10 were more dramatic this season, while also giving a unique take on the characters and setting other events in motion. Episode 20 felt more like a reprisal to me:

And we say goodbye to Hachikuji again. If one includes Bakemono, then isn't that a total of three times her story has ended? My memory is fuzzy. I'll have to watch from the beginning when the anime is complete.

Episode 21 was the better of the two and brought new character development into the story. I'm looking forward to what comes next.

As per usual....OOOOOOOHHHHH MMMMYYYYY GGGGOOOOOODDDDD!!!

- The intro was AMAZING, TOTALLY WORTH WAITING FOR!

- So much info was packed into this episode, I'm still trying to process it all.

Gaen is decidedly behind the scenes manipulating, or rather, managing events in this town? Shinobu was supposed to become the shrine's new god!?

And of course...

KAIKI ACTUALLY WENT

INTO THE FREAKIN' CLOSET, I WANT TO KNOW WHAT'S IN THERE SOOOO BAD!!!

And as always, Senjougahara and Kaiki play together perfectly in this arc, but that intro is truly a masterpiece.

In closing, YEAH, PEACE PEACE!!

Edited by Keith

^

That retro OP was alone worth the price of admission. I love the retro style...

Gaen totally seems to be manipulating things and I think that somehow she bears no goodwill towards Araragi and co. (perhaps him beeing the limiting factor to Shinobu becoming a god?). And she certainly will not be pleased with Kaiki after he took the money and went ahead with his plan anyway.

Senjougahara I think makes a mistake not telling Araragi what's going on. He has to grow up and understand that there's nothing romantic going on between Senjougahara and Kaiki and that her plan makes a ton of sense. Of course, since he's a bit of a cheat himself, he might have a hard time believing her.

I actually think Gaen may have "given" Kaiki the money he needed to carry out his plan properly, with the rest of that heing an act. Kaiki may be a fake, but he's still proud, and not likely one to take handouts, especially considering the good deed he's doing. Besides, if Shinobu became a god, likely she'd have to break her bond with Araragi, returning him to normal. That's not the plan of someone with ill will.

I actually think Gaen may have "given" Kaiki the money he needed to carry out his plan properly, with the rest of that heing an act. Kaiki may be a fake, but he's still proud, and not likely one to take handouts, especially considering the good deed he's doing. Besides, if Shinobu became a god, likely she'd have to break her bond with Araragi, returning him to normal. That's not the plan of someone with ill will.

I was under the impression that if

Shinobu and Araragi break their bond it could have fatal consequences for him? In any case, I don't think Gaen has been a force for "good" and her own very specific agenda. I look forward to seeing what her plans really are in future installments of this series

If Araragi and Shinobu breaktheir bond, Araragi reverts back to a normal human, and Shinobu reverts back to her full powered Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Underblade self. The impression I get about the purpose of the bond in the first place, was to save Shinobu's life during the events of Kizu.

But now with he revelation of Gaen's original plan, things would have been set back to "Normal" for both. Or rather, Araragi would no longer be able to run around town dealing with apparitions, at least not at the level he'd been doing. And Shinobu would become a shrine god, legitimately this time, without having to worry about the "Dariness."

But now, Shinobu has becomean excess, and Araragi has always likely been somewhat expendable. Even so, I still can't help but think Gaen intentionally helped Kaiki by givng him the necessary funds.

Now for another important topic: WHAT THE HELL IS IN NADEKO'S CLOSET!?

My current theory:

Leftover Araragi parts, or rather piecez of himself that he's lost in fights, such as arms and torso's. Maybe preserved somehow. I wouldn't have thought of something so morbid before the revelation of her full insanity.

Edited by Keith

Even so, I still can't help but think Gaen intentionally helped Kaiki by givng him the necessary funds.

i'm similarly inclined. and Kaiki likely knows it too.

as for what's in the closet, i think we're just being trolled by Kaiki and it's probably something relatively benign.

really, really enjoying Kaiki as the lead. when he threatens Ononoki that he'll kick the crap out of her if she says "peace, peace" again, i realized it's something Meme will never say, and why Kaiki is more interesting.

i'm similarly inclined. and Kaiki likely knows it too.

as for what's in the closet, i think we're just being trolled by Kaiki and it's probably something relatively benign.

really, really enjoying Kaiki as the lead. when he threatens Ononoki that he'll kick the crap out of her if she says "peace, peace" again, i realized it's something Meme will never say, and why Kaiki is more interesting.

Kaiki is a great MC and an even better narrator. Loving him in this role.

Now for another important topic: WHAT THE HELL IS IN NADEKO'S CLOSET!?

My guess:

Her room is pink, a cute color which represents the fake Nadeko, the closet is yellow, so it has to be something that represents her true self and something Kaiki can use to help her. I'm thinking she is a closet otaku like Kirino in Oreimo. Would also explain why her parents wanted to keep it out of sight.

She's back!

Hanekawa is back looking cute yet also a lot more mature with her stripes. It seems she's been keeping everyone in the dark about her whereabouts in order to deceive Gaen. As I've been suspecting Gaen is by far the scariest and most dangerous antagonist in this series and I'm pretty confident that at some point she's gonna bare her fangs at Araragi and co.

Kaiki and Senjougahara as usual have the most humorous exchanges.

The episode did not answer the question on everyone's lips though. What's in that damned closet!

^

In the worst way possible too!

Unless Kaiki has a phenomenal argument up his sleeve, he's about to get bitten by an angry yandere medusa. Cannot wait for the next episode. And WHAT'S IN THAT BOX?!!

Another thing that this episode confirms for me is that Senjougahara's relationship to Kaiki is really quite unique. In a way, he understands her as a woman and as a daughter more than Araragi in his simpleton ways ever will. Maybe his prediction of them breaking up in college will come true.

As always, an impressive build-up with a hard punch at the end. Great episode!

It's interesting that Kaiki almost spilled his guts to Hanekawa, but held onto the "closet" information in the end. I wonder if this entire business with the closet will prove to be his biggest mistake in this part of the story? And then we have Nadeko's final line to Kaiki. Is that implying that she was deceiving him as well or is she accusing him of turning against her?

Either way, this has me thinking that the closet is a red herring---and not only for the audience, but for Kaiki as well.

Edited by technoblue

As always, an impressive build-up with a hard punch at the end. Great episode!

It's interesting that Kaiki almost spilled his guts to Hanekawa, but held onto the "closet" information in the end. I wonder if this entire business with the closet will prove to be his biggest mistake in this part of the story? And then we have Nadeko's final line to Kaiki. Is that implying that she was deceiving him as well or is she accusing him of turning against her?

Either way, this has me thinking that the closet is a red herring---and not only for the audience, but for Kaiki as well.

That's what I was thinking too. It's just something that's meant to

distract us. Having said, I also have the suspicion that maybe it is precisely the knowledge of the contents of the closet which might be instrumental in saving him from the dire straits he's in. Another pet speculation of mine, is that Gaen set him to fail by having previously done a "mock" cheat on Nadeko, thus making her wary of being tricked. IN any case, the finale is going to be delicious

For a brief moment...

I thought this episode was going to avoid the cliffhanger. Now I am wondering the same thing Kaiki was wondering in his final moments, where is Oshino? And who did that other snake apparition possess? We already knew about it from the Bakemono timeframe, but Araragi let it go and now it's finally starting to manifest itself. Very interesting.

All in all, I enjoyed the film noir take on the story once Kaiki was introduced. Fun stuff!

OMFG I can't believe that happened!!!

As expected, the closet was the key, and knowing Nadeko's penchant for old Otakuko trivia, I really shouldn't have been surprised about the contents of the closet. That also beautifully ties in with this arc's intro, omfg what a brilliant tie together. But that aside..

I can't freakin' believe they

killed Kaiki!! WTF man,after all that, after finally getting to truly like him, what a great freakin' tease! As for the identiy of the asailant, that's not really important, at least that's the impression that I got. It doesnt' matter if it was one of the kids involved in the original curse not. The real relevant issue is why Ougi would set such an event in motion. Why "it" would intervene to such a cruel extent. I almost thing Ougi may be a personification of "The Darkness," or perhaps the thing Araragi & Kanbaru had to fight at the cram school (which still hasn't been shown). Whatever it is, perhasp it's the reason Meme Oshino hasn't appeared at all, perhaps it delt with him in much the same way it did Kaiki. Hell, at this point, maybe it is him, since Ougi is incredibly knowledgable about everything going on, for no percievable reason. Maybe something he was fighting got the better of him.

I can't wait for the next season/OVA/arc. This season more than delivered in every imaginable way, except perhaps one. I was hoping there'd be a trailer for Kizu... ::sigh::

A great finale to a very rewarding series for Monogatari fans. Miles better than Nisemono! Agree with all that been said so far and have just a little glimmer of suspicion that

Kaiki is not to be completely trusted as a narrator and survived the final scene. After all he said at the beginning of his narration that we should not take everything he says at face value.

As expected though, the contents of the closet end up saving him. Nadeko going postal is one of the most entertaining things this show has offered us though and it's almost a shame she'll go back to being the quiet introverted girl of the past.

Cannot wait for Hana and Kizumono.