Macross Frontier Figures

CF18

Display at MegaHobby Expo 2009

Source:

http://blog.hobbystock.jp/report/2009/02/tp0101.html

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/iam-cybergundam/article?mid=19968

It should be from Megahouse. Price and release day unknown.

Edit:

More pics:

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mreport/012289/

http://akibahobby-c2.sakura.ne.jp/image/20090210/m041.html

Actually it will come from "AlphaXOmega", a sub-brand of Megahouse. Previous product from them include the 1/8 Klan.

post-467-1234242250_thumb.jpg

post-467-1234242258_thumb.jpg

Display at MegaHobby Expo 2009

Source:

http://blog.hobbystock.jp/report/2009/02/tp0101.html

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/iam-cybergundam/article?mid=19968

It should be from Megahouse. Price and release day unknown.

OH SHI-!!!!

I need this, I wonder if you can take the uniform off? I looks like you might.

I will probably get this. I sure hope the uniform is removable, because frankly, I'm very unenthusiastic about that uniform - of all the clothes Sheryl wore in the series, including on-stage stuff, this was the dullest ...

So - two cheers for 1/8 Sheryl I guess...

Pete

I've been browsing through Mega House's figures at Hobbylink Japan.

A few their "completed models" have removable articles of clothing.

lots of their figures have cast off... like there entire queens blade line. (I've got the Nanael Figure, she's great)

megahouse does some of the best sculpts by the way. I'm glad to see them doing a sheryl figure ^_^

The sculpt looks amazing, and I think they got the hair spot on. What concerns me though is with sculpts like that, clothing may be difficult to remove without having large compensations >_<

The sculpt looks amazing, and I think they got the hair spot on. What concerns me though is with sculpts like that, clothing may be difficult to remove without having large compensations >_<

And what kind of compensations are talking about specifically? ^_^

I think they can make cast off work without too much in the way of design compromises. it looks like if it does come off, the head comes off with the seem hidden by the collar. the lower leg at the boots come off to get the pants off. and it looks like the sleeves are separated at the shoulder. to make the arm look right they would need to seperate the arm mid bicep so that they can hide the seem with the arm bands from the under costume.

lots of their figures have cast off... like there entire queens blade line. (I've got the Nanael Figure, she's great)

Well most of the Queen's Blade figures are wearing considerably less than that. (I've got Ekidona, she makes Masane seem relatively modest in comparison.)

I don't have high hopes he outfit can be cast-off. But MegaHouse has surprised me before..

Bah.

While I like it, I'm not a freak. <_<

I hope for a solid sculpt. No removable clothes.

how is wanting the figure to be like the show make someone a freak? I want to be able to display her in the black outfit she's got under the military thing. the faux military outfit looks goofy but the black outfit is :wub:

Well most of the Queen's Blade figures are wearing considerably less than that. (I've got Ekidona, she makes Masane seem relatively modest in comparison.)

I don't have high hopes he outfit can be cast-off. But MegaHouse has surprised me before..

*Ahem*

DSC01904.jpg

The thing I'm impressed with the Queen's Blade figures aside from all of them be cast off, I'm 99% sure that you don't have to pull their bodies apart to get the clothes off. Then again, I've never seen a character with removable pants which Sheryl are wearing...?

On a closer inspection, the prototype in the first page seems like the clothes aren't removable, no visible gaps(there are seam lines though).

how is wanting the figure to be like the show make someone a freak? I want to be able to display her in the black outfit she's got under the military thing. the faux military outfit looks goofy but the black outfit is :wub:

Whatever floats your boat man.

*Ahem*

I saidmost.. ^_^

The thing I'm impressed with the Queen's Blade figures aside from all of them be cast off, I'm 99% sure that you don't have to pull their bodies apart to get the clothes off.

Actually you do have to remove the arms for some figures. Ekidona is one of them...her shoulder armor hides the seams well.

Except that cloth won't hold up those sort of shapes... Unless either you have a wireframe underneath, or have a ton of starch. Course, if that was the case, you'd NEVER want to remove it, as reapplying starch and getting it back into shape will be the biggest pain.

I hope the captains hat AND uniform disappear.

Besides. It's all part of how she sells her image.

It'd be a shame to keep those suspenders, tube top, NICE BODY, and boots hidden.

I dunno. I don't like the tube top/suspenders combo either. The hat can stay, but the red suspenders just don't work. I understand the idea of playing around with "classical" military dress - but it doesn't look very feminine and delicate. Maybe that's why I prefer Ranka most of the time.

To the extent that Ranka is not womanly but often times merely "girly" - Sheryl is often times also not womanly, but instead MANLY.

I prefer girly to manly, because in girly lies the seed of womanly.

If there were an outfit I'd like Sheryl in it would be one of the two following:

a) The one she wore in the second opening when they sang Lion (the kind of maid's outfit thingy)

b) The dress she wore at her concert in episode 7, when Alto and the others were sent out on their first assault against the Vajra.

The faux military get up is just boring IMO.

But - then again - other than that one company (forgot their name) and the small HGIC gashapons - the bigger statues haven't been giving us what I personally would want - that is Ranka in her white dress with those big boots and Sheryl in her "Star Date" get up, or in a nice concert dress.

Bot the 1/8 Ranka (Monster girl) and Sheryl happened to choose the worst possible clothes/poses for the figures - at least from my point of view.

But at least Monster Girl Ranka is kind of a funny joke and relates to a painting on the nose of a monster instead of a fashion disaster during a concert performance.

Pete