Why No VF-2SS Valkyrie II's ?

ToAllPointsWest

Musashiya put out a 1/72 scale resin kit (with 3 non-scale battlepods) many years ago. Recasts are easy to find, originals not so much.

EDIT: The Musashiya one has the armor packs, too. I think B-Club released one without.

Edited by Jefuemon

I have a Musashiya kit and a knock off version of it. Been meaning to build one or both. Hope to get to them soon. PetarB made a fantastic one.

Some fantastic builds can be found here: http://www.vf-2ss.com/homebase.html

Here is Petar's gorgeous build: http://www.vf-2ss.com/vf-2ssmodelii.html

And my other personal favorite: http://www.vf-2ss.com/vf-2ssmodelix.html

I plan on making one of mine similar to that red one....I normally don't go for red planes. It that one just looks bad ass!

Chris

It's such a nice looking aircraft that I wonder why Hasegawa didn't notice it

They most likely noticed it.

Also, they most likely didn't produce one because of 1) the lack of market (MII wasn't exactly that popular, and it definitely didn't have staying power), and 2) the cost to get the rights to make models for MII.

Every now and then you see a recast vf-2ss on ebay. Just so you know, the original canopy is NOT clear. It is for some reason a hazy color, I forgot the company but they made nice clear canopies, I believe they were from Australia. Just out of curiosity I looked around for a recast of the vf-2ss but couldn't find any.

Every now and then you see a recast vf-2ss on ebay. Just so you know, the original canopy is NOT clear. It is for some reason a hazy color, I forgot the company but they made nice clear canopies, I believe they were from Australia. Just out of curiosity I looked around for a recast of the vf-2ss but couldn't find any.

Try looking somewherE 2046 sites away from here.

:ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

Try looking somewherE 2046 sites away from here.

Now THAT was an exercise in self-control...

I ended up with VF-2SS but planned on returning to bolster my arsenal. :)

If it comes in within the window of memory, I'll let you all know how it looks.

Care to share that scheme idea Petar?

The airframe pretty much screams for an over-the-top palette IMHO, but would look just as good in low-vis. I am happy with the fact that we have so much variety in VFs. I agree with your sentiments regarding the -25 vs. the -2SS, and the more the merrier. :)

• 1 month later...

Hello Folks

I found the kit at the stated location but I have a question. Before I buy the thing I was wondering if you had to do a lot of work (modding) to build the thing WITHOUT the external armor and the "big cannon". I would love to build the bird "clean" and none of the pictures on that "site" show it clean.

Thanks for the info!!!

Dkev

Edited by dkev

I only have the Bandai kit, and normally just leave it in Battroid mode. Despite the dislike of the OVA the mecha kicked ass from the series and I'll keep on hoping a 1/60 toy from either Arcadia or Bandai comes to fruition someday including VF-2JA.

Hell I'll settle for a 1/72 or 1/48 model kit in Fighter or Battroid mode Hasegawa. B))