Hasegawa 1/72 scale VF-25 Messiah

EXO

Honestly the Bandai 1/72's are actually pretty damn good kits. It's just the lack of locks on the regular and supers whichs drives people nuts. The Tornado and Armored pack releases are friggin awesome....

I'll prolly get some hase's and pillage the landing gear off them :p

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Any news???

Nothing yet. I'm following Hasegawa's Twitter feed, so I'm sure if there's any news, they'd say something there.

That's how I found the VE-11 Thunderseeker info.

The fact that there has been ZERO further info about this kit since it was originally announced is a pretty bad sign. :(

I really hope it is still comming but....

Chris

I'm wondering if Hasegawa jumped the gun with their announcement before securing the rights and maybe Bandai objected. I'm just worried that with the lack of announcements that this is now vapourware :( Graham

That's what I fear too!

Oh man... this is a grail kit for me too. I can't imagine trying to put together another Bandai crap to get a VF-25. Have have the utmost confidence in Hasegawa's interpretations and expertise - please just DO IT!

The other kit that need a Hasegawa treatment is the VF-4, hope some day! I was waiting for the announcement for the VF-25 in the Shizuoka Hobby Show, but just silence... :(

YES! Definitely.

• 2 weeks later...

* transforms Bandai VF-25 into Battroid mode*

Haha! My thoughts exactly!

I'm sooo looking forward to this!!! I hope they do the whole line including the Armored and Tornado. Now what to do with my other un-built Bandai kits...

I'm sooo looking forward to this!!! I hope they do the whole line including the Armored and Tornado. Now what to do with my other un-built Bandai kits...

One can only hope they make the Armored and Tornado as well. For your Bandai's, put in a storage box and forget they are there.

Again putting the horse before the cart, but I'd like to see a Battroid kit as well like Hasegawa did for the Mac Zero line. B))

... and hopefully Hasegawa will get the rights to work on the whole Macross Frontier VF line and we get a VF-171, VF-27 & YF-29 as well. Just thinking... or dreaming...

I'm really eager to see new stuff from Hasegawa.

Edited by ivorysniper

... and hopefully Hasegawa will get the rights to work on the whole Macross Frontier VF line and we get a VF-171, VF-27 & YF-29 as well. Just thinking... or dreaming...

I'm really eager to see new stuff from Hasegawa.

Before they get to all the Frontier Valkyries, i want to get a VF-4 from Hasegawa.

I wonder how hard it would be to kitbash this kit together with a Bandai to let you use the super, armor, and tornado packs from the existing kits? If Hasegawa keeps the entire leg assembly as a separate structure, you could probably do it without too much trouble.

I wonder if we'll be forced to do some kitbashing from the get-go to give them some pilots though. Hasegawa has gotten a little better with including pilots fortunately, but the VF-1 weapons pack nonsense was annoying.

Edited by Chronocidal

This is what I love about japanese culture. Where businesses can share resources for mutual benefit. It is entirely possible Haseqawa has licensed the Frontier "Fighter" designs from Bandai under some sort of terms agreement not to produce a battroid to compete with the Bandai transforming kits.

Either way, I too am stoked about the possibility of Hasegawa quality Frontier fighters. I've never been a fan of Bandai's transformable kits ever since I built my first Bandai VF-1 back in the day. Transforming Valks should be relegated to toys where they can now be engineered with similar quality to static kits.

This is what I love about japanese culture. Where businesses can share resources for mutual benefit. It is entirely possible Haseqawa has licensed the Frontier "Fighter" designs from Bandai under some sort of terms agreement not to produce a battroid to compete with the Bandai transforming kits.

No, it's just that Bandai had a five-year exclusive deal to produce Frontier Valk kits and toys. Now that five years has passed, other companies can get in on it.

• 2 weeks later...

hmm... clearly nobody knows this at this point but I wonder how close the dimensions and proportions of this Hase kit will be to the Bandai 1/72 kits.

Thing is I still have this sheet of Sheryl decals from way back when the bandai kit first came out. I always planned on using them on a fighter only build, so maybe I should keep waiting on the hase kit.

http://news.toyark.com/2009/02/22/macross-f-172-vf-25f-alto-custom-with-sheryl-nome-decals-933

Edited by anime52k8

I've been wondering about this, too. At first glance, Bandai seemed to have stayed very close to the CG models from the animation.

Maybe Hase just brings us a better assembly, better surface detail (though Bandai was pretty good there), a better cockpit (Bandai seemed to have copied the simplified setup from the animation model here), and, most important, better decals.

And all of this, of course, for a more affordable price. Skull Squadron, assemble!