1/72 Moscato Commanchero

PetarB

After a couple more clear coats and weathering, the camo pattern has all but disappeared. I don't know why... originally the delineations were quite clear, but successive coats has turned the whole thing grey. Maybe the Gods of Macross Canon are trying to tell me something.

Anyway, I finished it as much as possible before the Macross Convention in Brisbane. Here she is. Looking at her now in daylight - this is the first time I've taken a good look at her while the sun is out! - I can see plenty of issues. Still, that's a job for another day, as well as the missile pods.

Enjoy!

Commanchero1.jpg

Commanchero2.jpg

Commanchero3.jpg

Commanchero4.jpg

Commanchero5.jpg

Excellent work on the kit & paintjob, and superb photography, looks very life-like in the low angle pics. I think the weathering is just right for that scale.

Too bad helicopter models are difficult to show in mid-flight without photoshopping the rotors.

Awesome work! I think it came out great after all. The Eurocopter style rotor was a nice touch. You need to photoshop it in a dive firing rockets! It would be very realistic! - MT

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wondering if there were any more updates or if any one else had built this kit. I got mine in the other day and am really looking forward to putting this thing together.

By the way, any helpful tips, tricks, or lessons learned would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

how can i miss this.....do they still sell this? SSM don't have them :mellow: .....anyone knows where to get this amazing kit? :wub:

It was made by John Moscato (Captain America) you 'll need to ask him directly if he still has any. He only does very limited runs though so you may be outta luck. :(

• 3 years later...

I may be reviving an old thread, but, any pics of the completed model with weapons and all?

Not a bad idea. However, a lot of my models are packed away at the moment due to a studio move. Yes, I had some of these displayed at my studio....

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...