Yamato 1/60 v.2 2 seaters

newca

Well to be accurate, the VT-1 is basically the DYRL version of the VF-1D...its a trainer, nothing more. But in a completely different role than the 1D. It's outfitted with Fast Packs to acclimate new pilots to space piloting as opposed to piloting in an atmosphere. Since it was intended for such a mundane purpose, it was probably not outfitted with a gunpod or missiles. That also explains why the head unit is more in line with the VE-1's "sensor suite" head instead of a combat model like the VF-1A or 1S.

Or another POV could be that this is what will ultimately become the VF-1C Civilian model (as seen in Macross 7's "Space Whale" OVA).

Bingo. "Variable Trainer-1". The VF-1D was a combat trainer, so it WAS equipped with weapons. The VT-1 is a pure flight trainer, and so it doesn't fit any weapons. Also, the VE-1 doesn't equip any weapons either.

Vostok 7

Bingo. "Variable Trainer-1". The VF-1D was a combat trainer, so it WAS equipped with weapons. The VT-1 is a pure flight trainer, and so it doesn't fit any weapons. Also, the VE-1 doesn't equip any weapons either.

Vostok 7

And since both the VT-1 and the VE-1 use the same identical fuselage, that makes sense. Neither Valkyrie is combat-rated...but they both possess more powerful engines than even the VF-1S. According to the info I have on the Elintseeker, its engines are so souped up because its used in a capacity where it finds itself behind enemy lines and has to be ready to "turn-and-burn" if detected. But as far as being able to pick up a gunpod in a fight, it wouldn't possess tactical sensors, nor a combat computer to coordinate it. I can assume the same goes for the Super Ostrich too...

However, 50 years later...the VF-25 Messiah Fast Pack system seems to incorporate ELINT ECM/ECCM technology as part of its standard loadout (cat's eye radar, etc.), which makes the dedicated Elintseeker model a bit redundant, IMO.

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

On a side note, it COULD be Misa in the back seat

About Misa... this gets me to thinking:

Graham mentioned that Yamato has all these "surprises" lined up for us, and we usually think "ok - this means many different paint schemes"...

However - what if we got SDFM TV accurate Valkyrie ...I think it was a 1A at that point still - for Hikaru - the "Goodbye Mars set" - and we got a Misa in space suit for him to rescue? With two hands that would allow him to grab and hold Misa, and shield her from Mars base explosion?

A diorama of Mars Base would also be top notch...

I really hope Yamato goes in that direction because just plain old repaints are boring. What really makes things cute and cuddly is the inclusion of the special little figures - and the great great "removable" feature...

just a thought.

Pete

However, 50 years later...the VF-25 Messiah Fast Pack system seems to incorporate ELINT technology as part of its standard loadout (cat's eye radar, etc.), which makes the dedicated Elintseeker model a bit redundant, IMO.

Not really. The RVF-25 is still a dedicated aircraft with a special head unit that probably has sensors in place of the head lasers. They probably figured that reconaissance vehicles still required some form of self defence which is why it could mount the gunpod. It also has a specialized dish radar and ELINT fin. While the Armoured pack does seem to mount some sort of additional radar, that is probably just to aid the specialized combat co-ordination computer and has a limited AEW/AWACs function.

And since both the VT-1 and the VE-1 use the same identical fuselage, that makes sense. Neither Valkyrie is combat-rated...but they both possess more powerful engines than even the VF-1S. According to the info I have on the Elintseeker, its engines are so souped up because its used in a capacity where it finds itself behind enemy lines and has to be ready to "turn-and-burn" if detected. But as far as being able to pick up a gunpod in a fight, it wouldn't possess tactical sensors, nor a combat computer to coordinate it. I can assume the same goes for the Super Ostrich too...

Theoretically though, both the VT-1 and VE-1 could probably be easily configured for combat. And it wouldn't be completely unrealistic for them to carry weapons as many trainers and EW aircraft in the real world do so.

In the DYRL, it seemed Hikaru did have the necessary avionics for combat.

Theoretically though, both the VT-1 and VE-1 could probably be easily configured for combat. And it wouldn't be completely unrealistic for them to carry weapons as many trainers and EW aircraft in the real world do so.

In the DYRL, it seemed Hikaru did have the necessary avionics for combat.

True, its not completely unrealistic to rearm a VT-1 or VE-1 into a combat-ready unit. From all appearances, it looks like all models of DYRL Valkyries use the same standard Block-6 cockpit configuration, whether its a VE-1 or VF-1. That's why Hikaru instinctively began firing at the Zentran power armor chasing his VT-1...to no effect. I'm just speaking in terms of "right off the assembly line," they aren't designed for straight-out combat duty. For one thing, there's no place to put a gunpod on an Elintseeker due to the arm-mounted sensor pods! lol

:wub: Hubba, Hubba!!! :wub: Now that is one beautiful sculpt!!! Finally having a spot on VT-1, VF-1D, and later, a VE-1 is just awesome. I don't necessarily have need for 2 each, but maybe, just maybe, I'll get 2 of the VE-1. So, are they doing one a month now, or 2 releases a month? Doesn't leave much room for buying much else.

Hmmmm, I'm also wondering if Yamato went the cheap route and just slapped normal VF-1A arms on this. Need clearer pics to verify.

THEY DIDN"T THE ARMS ARE CORRECT!!!

Huh? The arms looks identical to other VF-1.

Edit: OK I can see it now - the big circle is barely visable.

Edited by CF18

At the risk of being unpopular, I was never a huge fan of the VT-1. That head is just rank - although I do like the colours and different nose/cockpit design. I will probably get the VE-1 when it comes out... which it will undoubtedly - love that radar dish!

These valks without weapons are almost wasted in battroid mode :o

Well I'm a few days late to this party, but I just saw the pictures of the VT-1, words can not describe how awesome that looks, even seems to have the correct raised bubble canopy, one more to Valkyrie to save up for!! B))

Maybe I missed it, but are there pictures of a VE-1 as well???

At the risk of being unpopular, I was never a huge fan of the VT-1. That head is just rank - although I do like the colours and different nose/cockpit design. I will probably get the VE-1 when it comes out... which it will undoubtedly - love that radar dish!

These valks without weapons are almost wasted in battroid mode :o

You've just become super unpopular here now!!!!! j/k!!! you opened the door for that one. :p

Edited by 505thAirborne

Vostok 7

Wasn't Hikaru's D actually uploaded with a gunpod during his nap in the cockpit, and present during his first encounter piloting the D? Should the D come with a GBU-11?

EDIT: Google search answered my own question.

post-1565-1235095766_thumb.jpg

Edited by warrhead

I would bet that the text is a mistake. I mean - given the attention to detail at Yamato, I really doubt that they made the passenger in an orange flight suit with a big helment (used to "hide" minmey) that Minmey used and that this choice was PURE COINCIDENCE and they then said "uhh...it's Misa!" So - while it's possible, I still would really be scratching my head as to why Yamato would make a perfect replica of Minmey from DYRL and try to push her off as Misa... So my guess is that the text is wrong (wrong in the sense that it's a mistaken identity).

I think I prefer the VF-1D to the VT. Of course I'll get it and I like it, but the only thing that would make me go ape over it would be an accurate Misa Hayes in flight suite.

Silly, I know, that whether or not I like a hundred + dollar figure is based on the two centimeter goob of plastic puddy that sits in the PASSENGER seat...but...still :)

pete

Step 8: Someone Bashes Robotech

(Step 6 is Someone Bashes Robotech, as well)

GASP! HE SAID HAYES! :p

Seriously, I wish I had the monies to buy these... I think, though, that I'll just skip the VT-1. I didn't much care for it.

Edited by SchizophrenicMC

Wasn't Hikaru's D actually uploaded with a gunpod during his nap in the cockpit, and present during his first encounter piloting the D? Should the D come with a GBU-11?

EDIT: Google search answered my own question.

I said in the very post you quote, the -1D is a combat trainer and so IS equipped with weapons. The VT-1 and VE-1 were never shown with weapons.

Speaking of the -1D, I just got an email from Overdrive that they plan to start shipping the 1/60 VF-1D on Monday, with all orders going out no later than Wednesday.

Vostok 7

The VF-1D is just a two-seater. It can be a combat trainer, but it isn't exclusively designed to be one.

True, I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to upgrade the radar and run the second seat as a radar operator.

Then again, there's also the VFER-1 'Funny Chinese' which is basically a -1D with a radar dish and sensory arrays (but without the VE-1's FAST packs).

Vostok 7

I said in the very post you quote, the -1D is a combat trainer and so IS equipped with weapons. The VT-1 and VE-1 were never shown with weapons.

Speaking of the -1D, I just got an email from Overdrive that they plan to start shipping the 1/60 VF-1D on Monday, with all orders going out no later than Wednesday.

Vostok 7

I understand that you said it in the text I quoted, that's why I quoted that text, thanks though ;)

A picture from the actual show was provided to reinforce your claim. A picture is a little more concrete than "'cause some guy named Vostok 7 says so" know what I mean?

Anyway, my question hasn't been answered, will the Yammie D be packed with a GBU-11? I ask because I can't recall whether or not I've seen it pictured with the toy is all.

Thanks for the scoop from Overdrive! Glad I preordered with them!

Edited by warrhead

I understand that you said it in the text I quoted, that's why I quoted that text, thanks though ;)

A picture from the actual show was provided to reinforce your claim. A picture is a little more concrete than "'cause some guy named Vostok 7 says so" know what I mean?

Anyway, my question hasn't been answered, will the Yammie D be packed with a GBU-11? I ask because I can't recall whether or not I've seen it pictured with the toy is all.

Thanks for the scoop from Overdrive! Glad I preordered with them!

Ahhhhh gotcha.

I believe it will have a gunpod and missiles, but I don't believe we've seen any images showing it with anything yet. The V1 -1D had a gunpod and missiles, so no reason to believe the V2 wouldn't.

Vostok 7

It takes to two to make it outta site!

ap20081017082922908jpglp7.jpg

ap20081017082929287jpgnf5.jpg

I saw it on YAMATO official site, but need membership to view the detail, anyone knows?

May be I finally can't resist falling into 1/60 again from this one... :wacko:

Yamato should also make one for Max & Miria. The double seat valkyrie on their wedding day shown on the original anime!

Ia it wrong that i wish these both had 2 pilots and not a pilot and Minmey/Misa?

In Macrossworld, we never ever get what we want...

maybe IT IS 2 pilots... one male one female. The suits Misa and Minmay wore werent' specifically made for them.

I don't remember a VF-1A he flew in that episode. He had his 1J buy then.

You're probably right. I couldn't remember which one he had by then - although.... correct me if I'm wrong but did he even have a 1A in the TV series?

Pete