30th Anniversary Exhibit NEWS - Talk

dreadpyrat

I'm interested in the 1/1 Valk, but it's a shame it's a VF-25 and not a VF-1.

Yeah. Not that I dislike the VF-25 or anything, but Classics are always the Best! I would rather they have a 19 or 21 over a VF-25. But really, they should have consider VF-1.

post-9325-0-45049000-1331875766_thumb.jpg

News Update!

1)Miss Macross Contest: Auditions will be accepted from April 1 to May 6. Applicants can apply for one of two categories - Singer Wing and Actress Wing and must be between 12-25 years of age. Applications can be submitted via a special karaoke recording service offered by Joysound. No details on how applicants will be judged as of yet. The winner of the Singer Wing will get a professional debut on the Flying Dog label. The winner of the Actress Wing will take part in the Macross Musical....or should I say Musiculture?!?!

2)Yes, you read that right. The 30th anniversary musical is now known as 'MACROSS: THE MUSICALTURE and will be held from October 3~8 at Tokyo Dome City Hall. No further details have been announced at this time.

3)MACROSS: THE DESIGN will be held at a second location - Nagoya Parco - from May 17 to June 11, after the Shibuya Parco display has finished.

4)1:1 Valkyrie - will be shown at three venues: Tokyo in April, Nagoya in June and Osaka in August. The bad news is that, due to ceiling height limitations, only part of the valk will be shown at Tokyo and Nagoya - looks like I'll be making a trip down to Osaka then!

http://www.macross30.com/news/

http://www.chojikuutenrankai.com/

Edited by Tochiro

DAMMIT! They made me drag my ass all across the country from Kansai to Kanto and back in 2009 just for that bloody launch ceremony and now they want me to go from Kanto to Kansai?? Aaarrgh, damn you, Big West!!

EDIT -- BTW, you ought to front-page this, yo

Edited by Renato

News Update!

1)Miss Macross Contest:

Wow. Professional contract. Wow.

2)...

Anybody heading to Japan at that time should probably block out those dates.

4)1:1 Valkyrie - will be shown at three venues: Tokyo in April, Nagoya in June and Osaka in August. The bad news is that, due to ceiling height limitations, only part of the valk will be shown at Tokyo and Nagoya -...

ONLY PART? OK, I get the height limitations, but PART? Can they at least do a 1:1 full VF-25? In fighter mode? It's only 19m long, 16 m wide and ~5 m tall with the landing gear out. That could fit, right?!?!?!?

ONLY PART? OK, I get the height limitations, but PART? Can they at least do a 1:1 full VF-25? In fighter mode? It's only 19m long, 16 m wide and ~5 m tall with the landing gear out. That could fit, right?!?!?!?

Maybe it's semi-transformable and they can tuck the arms/legs up for Fighter mode?

If that promotional diagram is anything to go by, the partial display may just be from the chest plate forward with part of the arm. Depending on how the whole thing breaks down, it might be hard to move pieces like huge wing sections inside a small venue. Most airplane museums are very spacious inside and have their main rooms on ground level, unlike a lot of convention centers.

Sometimes they even hang F-20 Tigersharks from the ceiling.

Edited by VF5SS

And what is going to happen to it after that????

That's it. If there's a strong showing, they may consider putting up elsewhere. Otherwise, that's it. Unless Bandai says they'll take care of it and put it in their theme park (Kotaku).

That's it. If there's a strong showing, they may consider putting up elsewhere. Otherwise, that's it. Unless Bandai says they'll take care of it and put it in their theme park (Kotaku).

Hope Bandai makes a limited web exclusive 1:1 VF-25. Shipping is going kill your wallet or savings account. :D

He has returned! I saw you commenting on Memebase a few months ago and tried to respond, but the stupid thing wouldn't post my reply for some reason. It was on that picture of one of the characters from MLP flying in what looks like the YF-21 Omega One. ...unless there's someone else using the same exact name as you ;)

It was on that picture of one of the characters from MLP flying in what looks like the YF-21 Omega One. ...unless there's someone else using the same exact name as you ;)

WHY HAVEN'T I SEEN THIS BEFORE?!?

also, good to see you back SchizophrenicMC

He has returned! I saw you commenting on Memebase a few months ago and tried to respond, but the stupid thing wouldn't post my reply for some reason. It was on that picture of one of the characters from MLP flying in what looks like the YF-21 Omega One. ...unless there's someone else using the same exact name as you ;)

You mean this one?

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-pinkie-whered-you-get-the-new-ride.jpg

WHY HAVEN'T I SEEN THIS BEFORE?!?

also, good to see you back SchizophrenicMC

I think he meant that one. It's good to be back.

post-9325-0-45049000-1331875766_thumb.jpg

4)1:1 Valkyrie - will be shown at three venues: Tokyo in April, Nagoya in June and Osaka in August. The bad news is that, due to ceiling height limitations, only part of the valk will be shown at Tokyo and Nagoya - looks like I'll be making a trip down to Osaka then!

seriously considering heading to japan for this, do any of those dates coincide (+/- 1 week) with a wonderfest or some other toy convention, or maybe even some other cool non-toy related festival? right now i'm thinking of osaka then perhaps hop over to tokyo or wherever if there was some other event. any advise appreciated.

Latest update on Macross 30th Anniversary Events.

MISS MACROSS 30: The official website for the MISS MACROSS 30 contest is now live!

http://www.macross30.com/mmc/

(basically just details on how to audition at this point)

MACROSS: THE DESIGN@PARCO:

The first limited edition goods to be sold at this event have been announced:

-Super Dimensional Canned Bread

-Super Dimensional PSP Case

(for anyone wondering, canned bread is a popular prize in arcade skill tester machines. In the past there have been various versions of Evangelion canned bread, etc. the ration-like canned bread itself is fairly…unappetizing)

1:1 VF-25 VALKYRIE EXHIBIT

The first merchandise for this event has been announced:

-Phone strap

-i-phone cover

-Mug

-Clear A4 File

-Postcard (set?)

-Tin badge set

(nothing too exciting at this point but I’m sure there will be plenty more announced as we get closer to the exhibit starting.)

In other related news, Japanese DVD/CD rental chain TSUTAYA will hold a campaign where anyone who rents Wings of Farewell via their TSUTAYA DISCAS service will receive a special postcard. There is also a special Ranka & Sherryl in-store radio broadcast scheduled for March 24th.

Some of the Gaijin Butai are thinking of doing a trip down to Osaka when the full, ungimped gerwalk is on display. Dates are unknown as of yet, but if theres anyone in the area that wants to come along feel free to drop me a line.

As far as the Tokyo (slightly) gimped valk is concerned, I just got me some tickets :-) Macross fanclub membership has its privillages :-)

Some of the Gaijin Butai are thinking of doing a trip down to Osaka when the full, ungimped gerwalk is on display. Dates are unknown as of yet, but if theres anyone in the area that wants to come along feel free to drop me a line.

I'm still on the fence whether I'll go or not. As cool as seeing a 1:1 scale VF (no matter the model) is, the rest of it hasn't exactly made me scream "must see!"...

Pending the day of the week, this Gaijin Butai Kansai Shotai member may be able to meet up with the Kanto Shotai members. icon_salute.gif