Snoopy and company return to the big screen after over 35 years. Peanuts is produced by Blue Sky Studios and 20th Century Fox, and is directed by Steve Martino (Horton Hears a Who!, Ice Age: Continental Drift). No word on who will voice the characters, but the film will use recordings of the late Bill Melendez (1916-2008) for Snoopy and Woodstock.

Peanuts premieres on November 6, 2015

Official Site

Guest davidwhangchoi

they can use the same voiceovers for charlie brown's teachers as well...

No word on who will voice the characters, but the film will use recordings of the late Bill Melendez (1916-2008) for Snoopy and Woodstock.

wah wah wah wom wom wom

Ok.. can't say I'm not skeptical, but the fact that they're drawing 2-dimensional motion lines (in 3D no less) over the top of 3-dimensional animation has me very intrigued. It looks like they've rendered the characters, and then gone back to draw in all the faces and gestures after the fact.

Plus, sourcing the original soundtrack and character voices will probably sell me quickly on it. I just hope they can keep to the classic story styling, and keep in mind how Schulz may have wanted things done with his characters. I grew up with the original Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas specials, and the more recent productions with the characters have gotten further and further off the mark set by those.

They can't use any of the older voice actors any longer (other then snoopy and Woodstock) since they were always done by children - most likely they are not "voice" actors capable of sounding like their old selves. That said the original Charlie Brown voice might be free about this time...

Peanuts films have been hit or miss over the years (the original two being great and the others from OK to dreadful) so hopefully this is a good one.

Edited by Dynaman

Actually, I'm not worried about any of the other voices, just because I've seen some insanely good voice talent out there. If they aim for people who can imitate the classic sound, they'll get it.

I'm sure if they needed, they could probably get a good Bill Melendez impersonator too, but being able to use his original voicework is too perfect to pass up.

They can't use any of the older voice actors any longer (other then snoopy and Woodstock) since they were always done by children - most likely they are not "voice" actors capable of sounding like their old selves. That said the original Charlie Brown voice might be free about this time...

Peanuts films have been hit or miss over the years (the original two being great and the others from OK to dreadful) so hopefully this is a good one.

Can't they just recreate the voices using computers? Hasn't technology advanced that far? Just wondering...

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As shown on the recent trailer, the film is now called The Peanuts Movie. Here's the voice cast:

• Bill Melendez (1916-2008) as Snoopy and Woodstock (archival recordings)
  • Noah Schnapp as Charlie Brown
  • Hadley Belle Miller as Lucy Van Pelt
  • AJ Teece as Pig-Pen
  • Noah Johnston as Schoeder
  • Venus Schultheis as Peppermint Patty
  • Alexander Garfin as Linus Van Pelt
  • Francesca Capaldi as the Little Red-Haired Girl
  • Mar Mar as Franklin
  • Mariel Sheets as Sally Brown
  • Rebecca Bloom as Marcie
  • William Alexander Wunsch as Shermy
  • Anastasia Bredikhina as (the other) Patty
  • Madisyn Shipman as Violet

The screenplay is co-written by Charles Schulz's son Craig and grandson Bryan, as Peanuts will always be under Schulz control.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 86% - "The Peanuts Movie offers a colorful gateway into the world of its classic characters and a sweetly nostalgic -- if relatively unambitious -- treat for the adults who grew up with them."
Metacritic Score: 67 out of 100

And here are The Piano Guys doing their rendition of the theme.

Edited by areaseven

Saw it with the whole family (as my wife's BD gift this year). 9 out of 10 halflings. I really liked the VA's they choose, couldn't hardly tell the difference in comparison to any of the 70's VA's of that era.