Overdrive now offering replacement parts for Yamato

So, for the v.2 arms/replacements, does this include a revised hinge or something to prevent the same thing happening again?

*confused*

Graham is saying that yamato didn't redesign or make any changes but just told the factory workers to be more careful. *sigh*

So, what if my Angel Birds 1A came with BP-11, BD-2, BD-3, AND GP-1? Eh? I'm kinda pissed, actually. No Gunpod, but the missiles and such are all there, only it doesn't stay together so well in Battroid, since those tabs are missing... At least it's got tight joints, unlike 25th Anniversary 1S... (Which has the wrong visor...) <_<

At east it hasn't exploded like a 1/60 woulda by now. (Not the V2)

Edited by SchizophrenicMC

Geez, that's some bad luck, Angel Birds are pretty much one of the most solid releases of the 1/48 line, yours 2nd hand or something?

Is HLJ secondhand? It came with everything bound like new. That cardboard part that holds the manual that always comes off when you take the manual out was there, perfectly... I blame QC at the factory... GRR :angry:

Nah, hlj.com isn't 2nd hand, or atleast i bloody well hope not! :lol: again that's just nasty bad luck, have you contacted them yet mate?

Nah... I figure 25's too hard to pose because his joints slide too easy (Any fixes? It applies to, literally, all his non-click joints), so I leave him in fighter, give gunpod to Angel, who is poseable in Battroid, where you can't see the missing backpack part, and holds together, despite lack of stability tabs, and pose him... Ok, maybe I should conact them, because I paid $300 for the 2 of them, only to get seriously gipped...

I thought it would be worth noting that I ordered two arms and a leg for my VF-0S a while back. Well I got them in last week and after painstakingly switching everything out I noticed that the colors are slightly different on the new parts than the originals.

It's nothing super major but enough to kind of bug me. Just wanted to give a heads up to you guys.

I just submitted a request for a part from Overdrive. My first one didn't go through so I contacted them and they just asked me to re-submit it. They then emailed me to tell me that they got it the second time. Great comunication and very helpful. A real class act. I just hope that Yamato will fulfill my parts request.

Now the waiting game begins.

I contacted HLJ to see about replacement, and I'm gonna contact Yamato to see about what they may be able to do. I'm really pissed now, because I have to leave what is possibly the most beautiful VF-1 for battroid in Fighter. I'm gonna do everything I can do to rectify this. On another note, I'm leaving replacement parts as a last-ditch option, because I'd have to take the whole damned thing apart and replace the entire body panel to replace the loose hip Joint, and I'm not even sure if it's the balls or the sockets...

I contacted HLJ to see about replacement, and I'm gonna contact Yamato to see about what they may be able to do. I'm really pissed now, because I have to leave what is possibly the most beautiful VF-1 for battroid in Fighter. I'm gonna do everything I can do to rectify this. On another note, I'm leaving replacement parts as a last-ditch option, because I'd have to take the whole damned thing apart and replace the entire body panel to replace the loose hip Joint, and I'm not even sure if it's the balls or the sockets...

HLJ is able to get parts but they charge their own made up price on a part that Yamato supplies them for free. Example my friend ordered a VF-1s head, set of hands, and blast shield and it came out to about $30.00 not including shipping. As far as I know you don't have to prove it is for replacement so if you want multiples I guess that is an option but it will cost you.

Over-Drive only has a service charge which is only to cover the time to sort the parts, pack and ship them. Keep in mind this is only for replacement part not extra parts.

As far as contacting Yamato I wouldn't advise it unless you are in Japan. It is not that they refuse to help international buyer it is they are not allowed to help you directly due to well known legal issues.

Edited by Save

HLJ is able to get parts but they charge their own made up price on a part that Yamato supplies them for free. Over-Drive only has a service charge which is only to cover the time to sort the parts, pack and ship them.

As far as contacting Yamato I wouldn't advise it unless you are in Japan. It is not that they refuse to help international buyer it is they are not allowed to help you directly due to well known legal issues.

Yeah... I think I'm gonna have to get the damn thing replaced because the Hip joint is too damn loose, and it's gotta stay in fighter. If it was pretty much anything else, I'd be playing the waiting game already, but to replace the hips (And, again, I don't know if it's the ball or the socket which is the wrong size) you have to replace the entire body panel...

So after you make a request to Overdrive do they send you an email saying we got your request or do they not send you anything until they got your part? I sent my request for some new shoulder hinges and still no reply back. Should I try again?

I would send the normal info address an email to tell them you haven't heard back about your request. So far for me they've been super good about replying to emails (I got an email back in about 15 minutes, and it wasn't just a stock answer either!).

Vostok 7

So after you make a request to Overdrive do they send you an email saying we got your request or do they not send you anything until they got your part? I sent my request for some new shoulder hinges and still no reply back. Should I try again?

for me, the process went like this:

sent email requesting part

several days later, received email telling me they had received my request and fwd'd to yamato

a month later: part in hand, please register at website and send them account email for address confirmation and shipping/payment info

later that day, received confirmation and final price quote (8 dollars for SAL)

a week later, shiny new arm.

Btw, does Harmony Golds license cover only the USA or the rest of the world?

Because what the hell would I or yamato care that Americans can't get it and I could legally get replacement parts from them.

Anything outside of Japan, though I head it's now outside of Asia, due to some legal issues a few years back. I think anywhere you could get your hands on Robotech without importing it (IE: UK, US, Australia, etc) is under HG.

Honestly, legalities haven't much slowed us Americans down, anyway. I just wish HG would give it up, though.

Anything outside of Japan, though I head it's now outside of Asia, due to some legal issues a few years back. I think anywhere you could get your hands on Robotech without importing it (IE: UK, US, Australia, etc) is under HG.

Honestly, legalities haven't much slowed us Americans down, anyway. I just wish HG would give it up, though.

Robotech was never shown here and you have to import all the DVDs from the UK.

HG claims to have an international (ie worldwide) license for the merchandising of SDFM. Whether or not they have RT broadcasted here doesn't matter.

But I doubt HG is a factor for not being able to get Yamato parts in Europe. Most likely the market over here is to small for Yamato to care.

Today I was contacted by Overdrive telling me they have the parts I ordered. They've asked me which shipping option I want. After that they're going to contact me with payment details.

One week to recieve a positive response to my request!!!!

That's great customer service ^_^

I sent my requests in December and they just got back to me yesterday (Jan 28). Once they confirm my credit card (which they will only use because I have ordered through them before) they will ship the parts. So hopefully I will see them by the end of next week.

FYI I think the preferred payment method is Paypal.

Robotech was never shown here and you have to import all the DVDs from the UK.

It doesn't matter. In 1984, when the contracts were signed, Tatsunoko (Some say illegally and most say wrongfully) gave HG the copyrights to all Macross properties, present and future, outside of Japan. Perhaps it was outside of Asia, but I dunno. Essentially that means if you live outside of Asia, the closest thing to a Macross toy you can legally own is a Toynami. Screw legalities, this is America! I will import what I like. I don't know about how strict customs is in Germany, so...

Today I was contacted by Overdrive telling me they have the parts I ordered. They've asked me which shipping option I want. After that they're going to contact me with payment details.

One week? Wow... If HLJ gave that kind of customer service, I'd be pissed... Then again, it could be because it was one week between ordering the parts and receiving them. If it takes Overdrive one week to respond, normally, I'm stickin' to HLJ.

Though, if it is one week between order and reception, that is good. :blink:

One week? Wow... If HLJ gave that kind of customer service, I'd be pissed... Then again, it could be because it was one week between ordering the parts and receiving them. If it takes Overdrive one week to respond, normally, I'm stickin' to HLJ.

From what I understand, from my experience, Overdrive has to get in contact with Yamato and request every part that they want for warranty/breakage. Considering they probably want to do the orders in a bulk quantity, for shipping on their end, it's probably not so bad. I had to wait 3 weeks before they got in contact with me. It sucks and I wish they would have gotten in contact sooner or at least say that they got my email and it would be processed but....where else is anyone outside of Japan going to get replacement parts for breakages? I am just glad that we have this! It's a hell of allot cheaper than buying a new Valk. ^_^

Note: On any order, besides these replacement parts, I have never had to wait more than 1-3 days for something to ship from them. Not bad at all considering timezones, out of country credit checks, etc.

Edited by logos

I just submitted a request for a part from Overdrive. My first one didn't go through so I contacted them and they just asked me to re-submit it. They then emailed me to tell me that they got it the second time. Great comunication and very helpful. A real class act. I just hope that Yamato will fulfill my parts request.

Now the waiting game begins.

Overdrive needs to get their system back in order. I made three different orders and I had to reconfirm two of them because their server was on the fritz.

Seems like most of the time they just get the paypal notification and then have no idea what the money was for.

I don't know about how strict customs is in Germany, so...

Meh, you just have to pay the 19% VAT and then maybe 1% or so as import tax. But as overdrive always seem to underdeclare their packets I got them scots free. I think only products over 30€ or so have to pay VAT and Yamato always declare their toys as 25$ or 35$. At least they did with the 3 I ordered.

Edited by DarkReaper

Overdrive needs to get their system back in order. I made three different orders and I had to reconfirm two of them because their server was on the fritz.

Seems like most of the time they just get the paypal notification and then have no idea what the money was for.

Meh, you just have to pay the 19% VAT and then maybe 1% or so as import tax. But as overdrive always seem to underdeclare their packets I got them scots free. I think only products over 30€ or so have to pay VAT and Yamato always declare their toys as 25$ or 35$. At least they did with the 3 I ordered.

I don't think I had to pay any taxes/tariffs on my stuff. All I know is customs here is pretty loose on stuff shipped from Japan.

Just got confirmation that my shoulders shipped today! Took 1 1/2 months which isn't so good but at least I have somewhere to get replacement parts.

Payment Details

2 x 1/60 VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Roy Focker Version) Arm Part (Left and

Right)=$6

Shipping Fees to Canada via EMS

$12.5

Total Amount

$18.5

Sucks that it costs 12.5 for shipping for 2 small parts. Oh well it's going air halfway across the world so I guess I can't bitch.

Yes, Overdrive contacted me one week after my request, telling me they had my parts!!!