Macross Books

Penguin

From a conversation I had with one of the owners of Book Nippon years ago, they were responsible for importing Macross Perfect Memory Out 8. I was told that they commisioned the poster for their edition only. This would be the second run without Japanese print on the outside and it was created for the import market. I'm not sure how many if any made it to Japan.

I think this is agrees with one of the points you are making Veffidas?

I can't speak for veffidas, but what you say definitely jives with the boks that I've owned. Thanks for the info.

Apologies for the delay, akim. Without any further ado, the back covers you requested.

86766971.jpg

No problem!

Smooths back covers...

About doujins/books who contain macross, i've seen this

post-1010-1240606004_thumb.jpg

...just wait to receive it and tell you what there is inside...

thanks again Veffidas!!

akim.

• 2 weeks later...
From a conversation I had with one of the owners of Book Nippon years ago, they were responsible for importing Macross Perfect Memory Out 8. I was told that they commisioned the poster for their edition only. This would be the second run without Japanese print on the outside and it was created for the import market. I'm not sure how many if any made it to Japan.

I think this is agrees with one of the points you are making Veffidas?

Pretty much, Totoro242. I think it would be a disservice to potential collectors, telling them that you can't get a poster with the reprint when numerous members have provided anecdotal evidence stating otherwise. It also pretty much explains why an OUT 8 version is virtually nowhere to be found on online Japanese auctions.

About doujins/books who contain macross, i've seen this

...just wait to receive it and tell you what there is inside...

Let us know what's inside when you receive it, akim!

Would anyone know if there are any SDF TV stories within these books?

Gubaba is looking to translate SDF stories for his Macross translation project.

He picked up almost all the Macross novels, but I know there's short stories in some of the Macross Art books.

Like in Macross Perfect Memory, there's Macross Ouside story, which hasn't had a full translation.

Any other official SDF stories out there?

Thanks for your help!

Edited by boinger

• 3 weeks later...
post-1010-1240606004_thumb.jpg

Just received this book.

Well, 38 pages, contains 20 pages about Macross TV anime and others 18 pages about God Mars anime.

None original artwork.

First 8 pages show some few line art ( mecha and people) in green colors...(sdf, minmay misa, hikaru, vf-1 ...seen several times in TIA and others ); after there is a comic illustration ( 12 pages) ...well, nothing very interesting only the existence of this book itself...to add to Macross doujin listing...pics come later...

akim.

Pic4.jpg

Hey, what Macross Frontier art books are available? Any details? Where can I get/order these? I'm looking for good mech art and drawings.

Thanks,

Wm

They are few and far between. Your best bet is "Macross F Official Fan Book", which is NOT among the pictures.

The two Movic books on the left of the quoted picture are good for B&W character lineart and the odd piece of background and mecha art (no. No VFs).

Hey, what Macross Frontier art books are available? Any details? Where can I get/order these? I'm looking for good mech art and drawings.

Thanks,

Wm

Hi, i've just realized, after read Macrossworld'08 Con thread, we can see several doujins listed or not...do they come from someone here?

we can see the famous Macross magazine sky angels vol.2 and 2 others unknown from my part (but very beautiful...).

link: http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Featur...anzine.JPG.html

macrossfanzine.JPG

akim.

We should update macrossworld book doujinshis listing, no...?

Edit: just found 2 posts ( from an old topic) about "Haruring World" doujin with some pics:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=464907

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=465232

and an another with 2 olds doujins pics but maybe it should contains H...don't know...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=648286

enjoy!

Edited by akim

They are few and far between. Your best bet is "Macross F Official Fan Book", which is NOT among the pictures.

The two Movic books on the left of the quoted picture are good for B&W character lineart and the odd piece of background and mecha art (no. No VFs).

Thanks, just backordered it on HLJ (it wasn't that long ago it came out) - hope they get it in again.

Hi, i've just realized, after read Macrossworld'08 Con thread, we can see several doujins listed or not...do they come from someone here?

we can see the famous Macross magazine sky angels vol.2 and 2 others unknown from my part (but very beautiful...).

link: http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Featur...anzine.JPG.html

macrossfanzine.JPG

akim.

I recently picked up the Max doujinshi, it is full of douga and character setting scans (no mecha). There is some fan art but most of it is scanned production art work. Printed in 1983 and really thick.

I'll put up all the detailed info later tonight.

I recently picked up the Max doujinshi, it is full of douga and character setting scans (no mecha). There is some fan art but most of it is scanned production art work. Printed in 1983 and really thick.

how much was it? and how much do these books run?

Hello Save!

Thanks for your contribution and your efforts!!

Very interesting...

I'm waiting for impatience detailed info!!

akim.

I believe so.. =) Not sure about the small books haven't gone through the box yet. This was just some of the items on there.

Wow... love your 'big' order. :lol:

Did u order them through amazon jp? If not, could you tell me where I can order them? ;)

Here is the information on the Max dojinishi.

Tittle: MAX おくずけ

Circle: スタジオ パルサー / Studio Pulsar

Date: 1983/11/13

Pages: 228 from front to back cover all black and white.

Features: packed with production douga, episode storyboards, and character setting scans. There are also a hand full of fan art of characters as well.

Not sure what the original price was but I paid about $60.00 for it.

post-3328-1244121860_thumb.jpg post-3328-1244121879_thumb.jpg post-3328-1244121898_thumb.jpg post-3328-1244121927_thumb.jpg post-3328-1244121944_thumb.jpg post-3328-1244121963_thumb.jpg post-3328-1244121991_thumb.jpg post-3328-1244122008_thumb.jpg

Edited by Save

Features: packed with production douga, episode storyboards, and character setting scans. There are also a hand full of fan art of characters as well.

Looks pretty cool and like something to get. Do you know if you'd be able to pick up another one?

I'd love to get one of those for sure. Looks like a very nice book. Since my last post, I've picked up several more books, but it looks like they've already been posted I think.

Came home and there was a huge box waiting for me. Opened it up and found a few mac toys and these:

DSC04163.jpg

What is the magazine/book with the “134 Macross Products” on the cover; how old is it?

Edited by rdenham

A few years back (when I first registered at mw) I scanned my copy of TIA #11 Do You Remember Love? I still have the flies in four (i think it's 4) .pdf files. I know it's not rare or anything, but if anyone wants to host them I'd be more than willing to donate them. I also think I have digital files of my TIA portfollios (characters, and mecha) although I'd have to serch for those. Just offering is all. P.M. me or respond here.

post-3328-1244121860_thumb.jpg post-3328-1244121879_thumb.jpg post-3328-1244121898_thumb.jpg post-3328-1244121927_thumb.jpg post-3328-1244121944_thumb.jpg post-3328-1244121963_thumb.jpg post-3328-1244121991_thumb.jpg post-3328-1244122008_thumb.jpg

Oh man!!

i love this doujin!!

For a small price!!

I'd like to have one sample!!

Thanks Save for this complete review!

akim.

Got a second-hand copy of Perfect Memory at a local toy convention yesterday. No poster (didn't know it should have one) but in very good condition (plastic cover taped to cover though) My girlfriend found it with a bunch of other stuff from a booth seller's library. I'm not sure if it was a good deal at around 20 bucks but once I held it I knew I shouldn't let it go. :)

Got a second-hand copy of Perfect Memory at a local toy convention yesterday. No poster (didn't know it should have one) but in very good condition (plastic cover taped to cover though) My girlfriend found it with a bunch of other stuff from a booth seller's library. I'm not sure if it was a good deal at around 20 bucks but once I held it I knew I shouldn't let it go. :)

Hmm... that's how much I paid for my bootleg version of that book. Bootleg or not, it's still a good reference book. ^_^

Hmm... that's how much I paid for my bootleg version of that book. Bootleg or not, it's still a good reference book. ^_^

How would you know if it's a bootleg? The paper and printing was good quality.

And how the heck do you bootleg a book like that?

How would you know if it's a bootleg? The paper and printing was good quality.

And how the heck do you bootleg a book like that?

See this post which was posted earlier in this topic here.

The Taiwanese have been pretty good at bootlegging in the past, from books to CDs. Actually, a lot of print material for distribution Hong Kong and Taiwan are pretty much simply officially sanctioned bootlegs; the quality is still pretty good but not quite near that used in the Japanese publications. (For instance, Mikimoto's art book Innocence, has a counterpart in the form of a large print collection named Pure for sale in Taiwan, which only included a subset of the artwork).

See this post which was posted earlier in this topic here.

The Taiwanese have been pretty good at bootlegging in the past, from books to CDs. Actually, a lot of print material for distribution Hong Kong and Taiwan are pretty much simply officially sanctioned bootlegs; the quality is still pretty good but not quite near that used in the Japanese publications. (For instance, Mikimoto's art book Innocence, has a counterpart in the form of a large print collection named Pure for sale in Taiwan, which only included a subset of the artwork).

Thanks for the info. Seems like I got the original with OUT 8 and the book jacket was hard.

Still have to get it from the girlfriend to doublecheck since I left it with her after the convention.