00 is in the exact same situation Wing was a couple of years ago, only the main lead Gundams had a release, when speaking of MGs at least.

So it is just a question of "when" and not so much an "if".

Bandai just better make sure the MG Victory 2 comes out befor them. ^_^

You know what sucks? being reminded how few good figures there are for 00 besides exia/00. I want a GOOD Dynames Gundam man.

Dynames is the only one from 00 I want. And all we have is that First Grade kit, most of an HG, and a NG 1/100. I need that in Master Grade dammit.

Eventually, maybe. I hope.

I have a quick question: I recently finished reading Tominos' Gundam novel, and I have been trying to find the first RX-78 that Tomino described, the white & grey one that Amuro initially piloted. I'm almost positive that a kit was made, but not being familiar with the Gundam franchise, I have no idea what it's called. Any assistance would be appreciated. Lol.

I have a quick question: I recently finished reading Tominos' Gundam novel, and I have been trying to find the first RX-78 that Tomino described, the white & grey one that Amuro initially piloted. I'm almost positive that a kit was made, but not being familiar with the Gundam franchise, I have no idea what it's called. Any assistance would be appreciated. Lol.

You might be looking for the RX-78-1 Prototype?

TKo4wKt.jpg

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/RX-78-1_Prototype_Gundam

You're probably talking about the Rollout Colors. There hasn't been a Gunpla of it, but it was released in HCM Pro and GFF Metal Composite figures.

5.jpg

1/200 HCM Pro RX-78-2 Gundam Roll Out Color Limited

GFF MC RX-78-2 Gundam Ver.Ka Rollout Color

Edited by areaseven

That's it? Thanks! It looks a little different than I'd imagined. Thanks! There was a kit made, right?

Prototype Gundam was released in the old MSV line back in 1983. Don't know if Bandai ever remolded the recent HGUC or MG kits in those colors and offered them as online exclusives.

You're probably talking about the Rollout Colors. There hasn't been a Gunpla of it, but it was released in HCM Pro and GFF Metal Composite figures.

1/200 HCM Pro RX-78-2 Gundam Roll Out Color Limited

GFF MC RX-78-2 Gundam Ver.Ka Rollout Color

Rollout colors. That's more like it. I may be recalling incorrectly, but I thought it was described as almost monochromatic. Thanks!

Looks like I'm about to build my first Gundam.

There was a rumor floating around that an MG G-Self was in planning, but nothing's materialized yet.

Which kinda sucks, because I actually did like the G-self's design, if nothing else about the show.

It's a shame, too, as I rather liked quite a few of the designs that came out of Reconguista and would have loved to see some 1/100 kits of them. I generally like to keep my Gundam models limited to the 1/100 scale, but will settle with 1/144 if there isn't any other options.

Playing with the free stand from VF-19 Advance (this is also available for separate purchase but I dont know the name). This is the first time I used it, imo, it is really great for 1/144 gundam.

DSC_9474_zpsdnamucpf.jpg

edit:

weird photobucket, it is properly rotated before I uploaded it and it went back to the original orientation

Edited by chyll2

so thought to myself I've taken a few days off of Gunpla after a 3 day weekend of hammering some kits last week so I grabbed one I've had sitting around since February and that's my 7th Gundam. Low and behold........no instructions. None. I'll have to get it online which I don't like doing at all.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Playing with the free stand from VF-19 Advance (this is also available for separate purchase but I dont know the name). This is the first time I used it, imo, it is really great for 1/144 gundam.

DSC_9474_zpsdnamucpf.jpg

edit:

weird photobucket, it is properly rotated before I uploaded it and it went back to the original orientation

wow that looks amazing. freedom and justice

Don't know if I EVER said anything about it, but last month I bought a resin kit. My experience with resin is pretty bad to say the least. Almost non existent really.
So instead of doing like a top to bottom full resin kit I'm doing a conversion and I found this REALLY awesome looking MG Blue Destiny conversion kit using the RGM-78(G) type. Couldn't pass that up for the price either.

So far I've done just a little bit of clean up like nipping away at stuff and doing a minor test fit. But I'm only working on this model when I'm feeling daring or want to try something. It'll pretty much pool together every technique and style I've tried in the last year and a half to see how good I've gotten.

I'm having a friend from my modeling group help me out as he's been wanting to get into the field too and he's much more patient than I am on certain areas like sanding and gluing.

It's interesting, I just wish the instructions were a little more detailed. But if this works out well then I'd say I'll continue trying out more conversion kits until I feel more confident in doing a full resin build.

post-600-0-88429900-1439180837_thumb.jpg

You know what sucks? being reminded how few good figures there are for 00 besides exia/00. I want a GOOD Dynames Gundam man.

THIS!! I've been telling myself for years that we will finally get a Dynames MG once the 10th anniversary rolls around though. Only two years left!

Edited by Raptor One