The Aim for the Top! Gunbuster Thread v2.0

Noriko Takaya

Just got my Bome Noriko figure, I have to say it looks great. The sculpt and paint job is excellent for something mass produced. Looks like it's time already for my YF-19 to step aside cause Noriko looks amazing beside my SOC gunbuster. I don't usually buy anime figurines but this may spark a whole new collection.

I'm hoping to run into it at Sac Anime next week or ALA at the end of the month. That sucker's "buy on site" like my last Noriko figure. I was actually hugging the box when I finally found it at AX last year.

It must great to live in your country (is it USA), you have all these anime conventions, theres hardly any in Scotland.

Interesting " your last noriko figure" i didn't know there was another one out there, do you have a reference picture?

I live in California to be exact. There's a lot of cons on the California con circuit. The two I mentioned happening this month are a small and medium con respectively.

The one I have is the preassembled version of this model kit.

http://tinyurl.com/yjoaff

It took a while to track it down. It was fitting I found it at the same con the license was announced at. I just wish I hadn't missed it (had to leave for a day due to play requirements. Better than being there but not at the panel though.)

I live in California to be exact. There's a lot of cons on the California con circuit. The two I mentioned happening this month are a small and medium con respectively.

The one I have is the preassembled version of this model kit.

http://tinyurl.com/yjoaff

It took a while to track it down. It was fitting I found it at the same con the license was announced at. I just wish I hadn't missed it (had to leave for a day due to play requirements. Better than being there but not at the panel though.)

That Noriko looks cool, i like how the Excelion is part of the base. I might look for it myself.

Anime must be huge in the states to have these kind of conventions :o

It's become something a niche topic. Not quite mainstream, but has some level of visability. There's still plenty of people that don't quite get it (including people that ae supposedly fans).

Most of these cons are fan run. I'm technically in the process of founding one myself.

You could probably start one in Scotland if you set your mind to it. Though I don't know how things work over there in that respect.

The Noriko figure's one of my favs. I just wish they'd make a Kazumi and Jung.

i have a question to ask. i remember someone recommended a site that sells gunbuster dvd set for a good price, but i dont remember what site that was. if you guys can help me out, i appreciate it, kyatsu

Righstuf has it up for presale for 48.74 Gunbuster

It's become something a niche topic. Not quite mainstream, but has some level of visability. There's still plenty of people that don't quite get it (including people that ae supposedly fans).

Most of these cons are fan run. I'm technically in the process of founding one myself.

You could probably start one in Scotland if you set your mind to it. Though I don't know how things work over there in that respect.

The Noriko figure's one of my favs. I just wish they'd make a Kazumi and Jung.

A Kazumi and Jung figure would look cool beside my SOC gunbster too, figures crossed :)

Speaking of Gunbuster DVD's, did anyone else pre-order the movie set that comes with the Noriko/Nono statue? It's out in a week or so.

Is this a Japanese version set?

I think the diebuster movie is supposed to, but I'm not 100% on it.

Interesting <_< , so where can i pre order it? I can't find it on yesasia, thats the only place i know that sell Japanese dvds.

Is there any Gunbuster trading figure? I believe I saw an Exelion trading figure few days ago, but I couldn't find the box for it :(

Kotobukiya released a set of Gunbuster trading figures in 2004 under their One Coin Figure Series. Check Noriko Takaya's signature for pics of box and toys in the Gunbuster Index.

I have the RX-7 Noriko, RX-7 Kazumi and Sizzler Black, and think they're great little figures. They look great displayed next to the SOC Gunbuster. Besides, I think they're pretty much the only toy representations of these mecha that you're ever to likely see. I used to have the Gunbuster as well, but sold it. With the SOC on the market, I just didn't see the point...

I'd actually think the chances of Diebuster being released should be pretty good. With Gunbuster coming out next month, hopefully Honeamise will announce Diebuster to follow it up. The original rumor surrounding the recent Gunbuster licensing was that whoever licensed Gunbuster also snagged Diebuster. As of yet, there's no reason to doubt that.

Besides, why not release the shiny new OVA to back up the awesome classic.

According to a poster over at AOD, the Feb issue of Newtype USA has a small article with an April street date for Diebuster vol 1 from Bandai Visual. A Newtype staffer also posted to comfirm it.

Diebuster announcement

I'm so excited, I feel like watching it again tonight! I wonder if BV was going to wait until Gunbuster's release to announce it, possibly include a trailer as an extra or something. Regardless, I can't wait!

According to a poster over at AOD, the Feb issue of Newtype USA has a small article with an April street date for Diebuster vol 1 from Bandai Visual. A Newtype staffer also posted to comfirm it.

Thats great news if its confirmed, I wonder how many episodes would be on a single volume. The Japanese versions only have one episode in each volume :( .

Thats great news if its confirmed, I wonder how many episodes would be on a single volume. The Japanese versions only have one episode in each volume :( .

And there is NO way some people will spend 30 bucks on a single or 2 episode disc! I'll wait for the box set first.

Hopefully its three episodes on a disc, it seems a waste of disc space having one or two episodes on a disc. But they'll want to make more money, so two per disc possibly.

Again, this is a pretty recent "OVA" which equates to higher budget, and lower episode count per disc. It's not a TV series, so don't expect 3-5 episodes a disc. 2 is pretty standard for the R1 market.

Again, this is a pretty recent "OVA" which equates to higher budget, and lower episode count per disc. It's not a TV series, so don't expect 3-5 episodes a disc. 2 is pretty standard for the R1 market.

There have been six episode OVAs put on two separate volumes before though i can't think of that many, so two volumes with three episodes each would be nice. Gundam 0080 was six episodes on two volumes, but that show is old.

Exactly, old & or unsuccessful OVA's don't count.

So anyway, got my box set today, and it's simply beautiful. Haven't watched it yet, but I'll be damned if any packaging in the world comes close to what you get in Japan. The Noriko & Nono figure is awesome, box art is great, and comes with character line-art cards.