Shoji Kawamori Exhibit: THE TRANSFORMATION

Tochiro

As we previously reported on the front page, an exhibit dedicated to the design works of Shoji Kawamori will open at the Osamu Tezuka Manga Museum in Takarazuka from July 3 2015.

Among the details announced are a signing by Kawamori on July 3, and 1/6 scale VF-1S.

Anyone who visits the exhibit, please post your impressions and pics here :-)

post-9325-0-41813500-1435421463_thumb.jpg

post-9325-0-73858700-1435421464_thumb.jpg

post-9325-0-99792600-1435421465_thumb.jpg

post-9325-0-63451400-1435421467_thumb.jpg

post-9325-0-75319000-1435421469_thumb.jpg

Nice shots....was there any event specific merchandise available?

Edited by jvmacross

Okay, I am definitely going and will ditch Osaka castle for it.

Do you think it is easy to GoPro the place?

Are those models consumer toys or just production statues?

Ditch Osaka Castle for Himeji Castle instead. It's just had a 10yr restoration project done on it and is glorious.

RE: Gopro - as BariaburuFaitaa mentioned, there are sections where any kind of photography is prohibited.

Personally,I'll hold off visiting until the next round of signings/talkshow gets announced. ;-)

Ditch Osaka Castle for Himeji Castle instead. It's just had a 10yr restoration project done on it and is glorious.

RE: Gopro - as BariaburuFaitaa mentioned, there are sections where any kind of photography is prohibited.

Personally,I'll hold off visiting until the next round of signings/talkshow gets announced. ;-)

Re: Himeji Castle restoration: it was a 5 year project.

Agreed that Himeji is better, but when it comes to convenience... also, if you have a couple of hours to spare, a walk around Osaka-jo Park is a good way to temporarily escape from the urban jungle.

Sadly, I am only at Kyoto for 2 days, Osaka for 2 days and the about 8+ days for Tokyo.

One day for Universal Studios at Osaka and then one extra maybe for Osaka Castle and then Takarazuka Museum. Might not even go to the Jungle Osaka store. I am attending C3 Hobby at Chiba, hence the timing in August.

Has anyone got experience with GoPro-ing on the streets? Do I just strap it on my chest while wearing a jacket and people won't care unless in places where it is unauthorised?

Edited by calubin_175

Yes, but most sold out on friday. I got the last signed autobiography. I did not get any of the aquarion event bromides at the restraunts. There were non event limited Cyber fomula toys, and Aquarion T-shirts still left. As well as the event only program guide which I assume they have a ton of.

Nice shots....was there any event specific merchandise available?

what days will you be in Osaka, I will show you around if its the weekend. if its a weekday I can at least take you to firebomBAR in the evening.

Sadly, I am only at Kyoto for 2 days, Osaka for 2 days and the about 8+ days for Tokyo.

One day for Universal Studios at Osaka and then one extra maybe for Osaka Castle and then Takarazuka Museum. Might not even go to the Jungle Osaka store. I am attending C3 Hobby at Chiba, hence the timing in August.

Has anyone got experience with GoPro-ing on the streets? Do I just strap it on my chest while wearing a jacket and people won't care unless in places where it is unauthorised?

the 3 toys in case are standard arcadia 1/60 scale valks. the statues are one of a kind event only.

Okay, I am definitely going and will ditch Osaka castle for it.

Do you think it is easy to GoPro the place?

Are those models consumer toys or just production statues?

Edited by Bariaburu Faita

So, after recording the movies, you want to edit and upload it on YouTube or somewhere like that?

The staffs of the exhibit will say, "Gaijins never obey the rules as usual" and request YouTube to delete the file.

Well, I do advise it to you this time. I have nothing to do with your idea and deed, but as one of Japanese fans, I want to say it.

日本人の読者の皆さんへ。盗撮を考えてる人物に対し、やらないよう一応警告はしておきました。もし動画等を見つけられた方は、通報するなり、何かしらの対応をしていただきたく。こういうことを大っぴらにやられるのを、黙って見過ごせませんので・・・。

So, after recording the movies, you want to edit and upload it on YouTube or somewhere like that?

The staffs of the exhibit will say, "Gaijins never obey the rules as usual" and request YouTube to delete the file.

Well, I do advise it to you this time. I have nothing to do with your idea and deed, but as one of Japanese fans, I want to say it.

日本人の読者の皆さんへ。盗撮を考えてる人物に対し、やらないよう一応警告はしておきました。もし動画等を見つけられた方は、通報するなり、何かしらの対応をしていただきたく。こういうことを大っぴらにやられるのを、黙って見過ごせませんので・・・。

I was tempted earlier to say something about it, but held back. Now that you've posted that request...

Re: the legality of filming other people in Japan:

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/community/2015/01/25/how-tos/its-ok-to-film-people-in-public-in-japan-if-the-conditions-justify-it/#.VZqqO1K8TCE

http://naruhodo.jp.net/why-all-cellphones-camera-in-japan-shipped-with-shutter-sound/

Edited by sketchley

Okay, if it is unauthorised, I would certainly refrain from filming.

I have no intention of uploading them on Youtube, it will merely be for personal record.

Thanks for the article. Maybe I'll only GoPro the touristic places and not the crowded shopping areas.

Sketchy - thanks for the confirmation. I'll defer to a local although I could've sworn the restoration project was longer than 5 years. I thought 5 years was justhe main keep itself? I could well be mistaken.

As for go-Pro, while I avoid tourist traps, I have never seen anyone use one here and that's for good reason - it's considered extremely rude. Please remember that Japan opposed Google maps trucks for a long time. Even TV news avoids showing faces in the background of stories.

Sketchley - thanks for the confirmation. I'll defer to a local although I could've sworn the restoration project was longer than 5 years. I thought 5 years was justhe main keep itself? I could well be mistaken.

It could have been that the main keep took 5 years, and the total restoration project itself took 10.

When I was in Osaka I took a day trip to Nara... highly recommended.

I'm doing that when I take my parents down in the first week of August.

Jefuemon, I think it's time for your podcast debut then ;-)

Will you be stopping by Tokyo?

Can you put your parents in a locker for a couple of hrs?

Only for one day this time. :( Then off to Kyoto for a few days, then Osaka for a few more, then back to Sapporo.

Jeeze, am I really Podcast material??? :D

It looks like they actually have a large supply of event limited items, they are just gradually rationing them out over time. Which is good, people who go later have a chance to get stuff. But they sell out almost immediately so go early. We are meeting at museum on the 12th, 9am. If you get there earlier get in line and save us a spot please.

I think its neither, its probably a "kira"

It's like he doesn't know whether he wants to throw "the horns" or do a shaka.

That`s surprising, based on your collection I would have assumed you have a personal shopper in Japan

Has anyone purchase the companion book to the exhibit? I'd like to have one...if anyone going to the exhibit can pick one up for me please PM me...thanks!

CIacU3nUEAEtZrF.jpg

Mommar, like Bariaburu Faita said, it is neither a horns symbol nor a shaka, it is the kira sign from Macross Frontier. Specifically, Ranka does it in the song "Seikan Hikou (Interstellar Flight)", and it became a widespread meme.

(By the way, Frontier aired seven years ago... :p )

post-1318-0-14016700-1436611000_thumb.jpg