New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

'fastpacks attach via magnet'

looks like yamato learned a little something from toynami there, eh, boys?

:p  :lol:

323415[/snapback]

really :o . YES. I never dare to take the leg armour off on my VF-1 ( was afraid to break something )

'fastpacks attach via magnet'

looks like yamato learned a little something from toynami there, eh, boys?

:p  :lol:

323415[/snapback]

really :o . YES. I never dare to take the leg armour off on my VF-1 ( was afraid to break something )

323572[/snapback]

And that means that there will be some metal int he toy :lol:

It's really good to have some Japanese MW members. Thanks Renato ;)

Caption 1

According to the stats, the VF-0 is 18.69m in length, so at 1/60 scale it averages to 312mm.  Since the VF-1 is 14.23m, at 1/48 it is about 296mm, so even at 1/60 the VF-0 is quite large.  Add to that the extra feeling of volume and you get a very powerful fighter.

The VF-0 is gonna be a big ass toy! I only hope the price won't kill me. :p

Hmmm tokyo toy fest?

The pics Noel took were from wonderfest.

Maybe dengeki hobby got confused.

Hmm.

The rotating cockpit is pretty interesting. I am thinking there is a weight on it while the seat is mounted on a swivel..upon transformation perhaps a piece from the chest dislodges, enabling the seat to move and rotate on its own.

I think this will be a better toy than the 1/48 VF-1....yamato gained a lot of experience with that one...and no doubt learned many ways of how to make better product in the future. I would not be surprised at all if the quality and durability of this time surpasses the 1/48 VF-1 line.

And Renato, thank you very much for doing the translations! Beats the hell out of babelfish. :p

Hopefully we see protos of the SV-51 and VF-0D/B soon.

Heh, over the course of 5 months we saw the VF-0 1/100 slowly develop into a toy.

In less than 2 months we have already seen a CAD drawing AND an actual prototype of the 1/60 VF-0.

I love this toy!

323580[/snapback]

:o:blink:

323589[/snapback]

I meant for the translation :) . What did you think ? :lol:

Magnets?

Damn, so much for being able to put this thing by electronics... :(

Interesting stuff. I want it now, but I don't have the money now. Must wait for 0A model, wait for improvements like the progression from 1A Hikaru to 1A Max.

323580[/snapback]

:o:blink:

323589[/snapback]

I meant for the translation :) . What did you think ? :lol:

323595[/snapback]

I thought you were referring to me as Japanese.... were you?? :p:rolleyes:

Anyway, you're welcome. B))

Another improvement, looks like the arms won't be hanging lower than the legs compared to the 1/48. The gunpod will have plenty of clearance. B))

323599[/snapback]

What improvement? There was always plently of space for a non-FAST Packed 1/48 VF-1 GU-11 Gunpod.

I hope they improve the intakes in the final release. The to halves don't exactly fit together flush in the picture. But I like the look of the turbine. Nice!

Edited by kensei

Guys I'm gonna disagree, I don't think this is the same as the wonderfest one.

For one thing the wonderfest version had no pilot, nor did it even look like it could open the canopy.  Also in comparison, the wonderfest version looked messy in comparison...which is understandable since Mr. Tofu did point out to Noel that it was essentially a heavily kitbashed 1/48.

The parts fit seems better in the dengeki photos, not to mention more refined. I think a bare minimum of 1/48 parts(landing gear to an extent, some hinges,missle pylons, turbine and covers,  and gun handle) are used...but thats about it. This saves some money for yamato since the VF-0 would not consist of entirely new parts. 

Not to mention look at the arms.....now THOSE are all new.  Those are not the ones on the VF-1!  That and the vertical stabilizers and Bp8 parts....god I hope that back piece is diecast this time...either that or a copy of the 1/60 VF-1s backpack. 

NOT TO MENTION.  I don't think any one pointed this out yet...

Okay, the wonderfest VF-0 was a kitbash of a 1/48 with VF-0 pieces glued on presumably in resin...

So that means that there was an existing 1/48 VF-1 toy laying in the office, and nishikawa or solid sculpted some parts out of resin, painted them, and smacked them onto the 1/48.  Bear in mind the 1/48 toy laying in the office was most likely a production VF-1 made a while back that one of the workers had sitting on his desk.

Yet the 1/60 prototype in dengeki shows ALL resin parts....in gray.  If this is the same kitbash as the wonderfest, where are the painted 1/48 parts?

Get my point?

So yes folks, IMHO, this is definitely what dengeki says it is, the 1/60 prototype. 

If you stripped all the paint from the wonderfest kitbash, you'd see numerous plastic pieces and some gray resin.

Yet the dengeki one shows no painted parts whatsoever.

323380[/snapback]

Shin, you're on crack... you can't kitbash VF-1 parts into VF-0. I think Noel lost something in translation.

323383[/snapback]

Except for the "shin's on crack" statement, I agree.

Maybe a couple of inner parts here and there but I think it's generally the same.

Even the rear landing gears coming out from the leg is the same.

I agree with shin that the wonderfest one was probably put together on the fly, but still, all the parts we see from noel's picture match the parts shown from the Hobby mag. The pilot not being there isn't really an issue since that can go in and out...

The reason why we see just the fighter mode right now especially in the early stages is because it can be put together the easiest without having to need all the other function innard parts present... which is probably why the wonderfest version is not holding together all too good.

Either way... we all know what yamato is capable of with toys this size, so I'm not worried... If the final looks like the wonderfest (plus the parts necessary to transform the valk, which will also take away most of the biggest gaps) I'll be one happy camper.

323494[/snapback]

I'm pullin' Shin's leg... he knows it... lol...

or at least I hope... Shin doesn't do crack... he loves heroin too much... ;)

Thanks bigtime for the translation Renato! Well, like many have already said, it sounds as if this new VF-0 will be an even better product than the 1/48 line. That's going to be quite a feat, since I've got nothing but praise for the 1/48 Yammies. It does mean that we can expect just as good or better from the 1/60 VF-0 than the best of Yamato's Macross lineup and that's great news. I was hooked on the CAD drawings from the moment I saw them. Like I said before, the VF-0 just looks more properly designed because of the need for realistic transformation without generous use of anime magic.

7) The canopy is rendered on a double hinge, so it slides and then opens.  The pilot in the seat is also realistically molded.  Plus, just like the anime, there is also a  rotating cockpit gimmick in Battroid mode.

!!

this is the part that really sparks my interest. wonder how they're going to make that work.

can't wait to see the D-type

Forgive my impudence, but wasn't the original 1/48 cad designed? Would it not be logical to modify the CAD file instead of modding a 1/48 toy?

I suppose one could mod the 1/48 toy and re-scan all its component parts back into the CAD program, but that seems like a fragile and costly measure...

The 1/48 was the "base to create the dummy. The CAD design will be exactly 1/60 if I understood correctly

Vic!

Forgive my impudence, but wasn't the original 1/48 cad designed? Would it not be logical to modify the CAD file instead of modding a 1/48 toy?

I suppose one could mod the 1/48 toy and re-scan all its component parts back into the CAD program, but that seems like a fragile and costly measure...

323731[/snapback]

The rotating seat gimmick will be cool.

Is it because the VF0 has more space because of the heat sheild simplicity and because unlike vf1, the seat doesn't necesarily lift up elevator style from out of the head in battroid mode? (first ep of sdf:macross where hikaru exits through the head)

How does the pilot normally get out of the valk if he is stuck in battroid mode? Through the canopy I assume? just like Roy did in the OVA?

It would look cool if you could open that canopy up while in battroid and display it this way so people could see the seat upturned. (ie seems kinda pointless not being able to see it)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Another improvement, looks like the arms won't be hanging lower than the legs compared to the 1/48. The gunpod will have plenty of clearance. B))

323599[/snapback]

What improvement? There was always plently of space for a non-FAST Packed 1/48 VF-1 GU-11 Gunpod.

I hope they improve the intakes in the final release. The to halves don't exactly fit together flush in the picture. But I like the look of the turbine. Nice!

323608[/snapback]

IT is true that the 1/48 had good gun clearance, but one thing fans and the diehard aviation nuts pointed out here was that the 1/48s arms were lower than the 1/60, and in that respect the 1/60 was more accurate in terms of the flushness and placement of the arms.(The arms of the 1/60 do not stick out as much underneath than the arms of the 1/48).

With the VF-0 1/60 has arms that are flush with the legs, not drooping lower than them...in this way the plane looks more aerodynamically flush...the arms mesh with the body underneath rather than sticking out like on the 1/48.

Now the 1/48 ain't bad becase of that....but it could have been better had its arms been placed like that on the 1/60 VF-0 or VF-1.

I ma really getting excited about this toy....and I am excited that if it sells really well, we will see all the UN Spacy Versions, plus maybe we will see some Anti-UN stuff like the SV-51......there is so much potential here!

I am curious to see how the rotating cockpit comes about, but if that is the only gimmicky thing that we see, I will be happy....I didnt like the detachable nosecone of the VF-1 1/48.......So far, I am extremely happy with what I see and will be buying this toy for certain.

Twich

I didnt like the detachable nosecone of the VF-1 1/48.

I liked seeing that radome. More detail = better. The antenna was cool too.

This is why I liked the 1/48 because of the detail in everything even the fast packs with individual micromissiles.

It makes buying the larger scale version worth it.

The Qrau - now that could have been a bit better. But I did like how the cockpit opens up. They just needed to make the inside a little more detailed.

Everyone should buy at least one Qrau now that they are cheap. Support enemy mecha. :(

The rotating seat gimmick will be cool.

How does the pilot normally get out of the valk if he is stuck in battroid mode? Through the canopy I assume? just like Roy did in the OVA?

323758[/snapback]

Yeah probably its like that, the vf-11 in Macross7 use the same system, the heatshield and canopy opens and the pilot can enter in the battroid.

2) Like on the 1/48 gunpod, the Gatling Pod standard weapon features a storable clip and can be extended/collapsed.

323569[/snapback]

If I'm reading this right, that means the amo magazine will be removeable from the gunpod.

Although we never see a VF-0 change magazines in the OVA, the Compendium does say that the VF-0's gunpod uses detachable magazines, unlike the VF-1's GU-11 gunpod, which does not.

I'm still wondering if the pitot tube on the underside of the VF-0's nose will have to be removed during transformation, or have Yamato designed some clever way for it to fold or retract into the nose for Battroid mode?

Graham

323731[/snapback]

I'm still doubting whether the painted VF-0S that Noel recently took pictures of at Wonder Festival was actually a modded 1/48 or not.

Thing is I know 'Tofu', the Yamato guy that Noel spoke to and his English is pretty poor to non-non-existant, so it might just be a case of him not getting his meaning across to Noel clearly.

You can't really mod a 1/48 and make it look like a VF-0S. Yes, you can use a few parts like the landing gear & swing bar but everyting else has to be either built from scratch or modified so heavily that it would probably be easier and simpler to build from scratch. The 1/48 doesn't have a 'skeleton' that you can attach VF-0S parts to, like some people have been saying.

Graham