Official MacrossWorld Convention 2010 Information Thread

Sorry but i tried to get something going with Curamen from TFW to host a mini convention at his place in Long Beach, CA but we were never really able to connect. That and i've become extremely busy with work and am actually expecting our first child soon. =]

i pretty much don't have to will to be the lead in planning any more MW cons, so if Jason or Daisuke or someone really wants to take the lead, please go ahead and i'll support you guys as much as i can!

Can't say about next year either, but again, my MW con man days are pretty much behind me. Sorry to disappoint! But i'm sure we'll have MW Cons again sometime and somewhere

It probably works out better to hold off the "official" MW con till next year. Afterall, next year is the 30th anniv. Perhaps if I can get some people to help out, I'll see if the location that we were going to use this year will be available next year, and I'll do the coordinating. I figured the life change might've been part of it, and you don't need to apologize for that at all. You've definitely done some great work with the previous several.

• 1 month later...

I don't think anything coming this year, but perhaps next year sometime. For the 30th anniversary, there's gotta be something coming, even if it's something smaller in scale. I kinda miss the personal touch of the older cons, and people selling their own stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

It'd be great to do them both at roughly the same time, despite the time differences. I miss the customs contests, the vendors, and all the shop talk. We need to bring this back.

That can work why not, it would be appropiate to get it all around the same date, one big super dimensional party world wide.

Im in, unfortunately we can't compete with numbers, noone gives a variable f^ck here apart from the couple, and lack of money, but I'm in.

That can work why not, it would be appropiate to get it all around the same date, one big super dimensional party world wide.

Im in, unfortunately we can't compete with numbers, noone gives a variable f^ck here apart from the couple, and lack of money, but I'm in.

That doesn't matter about the size of the group there. You guys always have great displays, the music going, and even with a small group, you guys are full of Deculcha. We'd have to set up laptop cameras or something.

That's true. Perhaps next year's con should be planned during the day that the Megaroad 01 was launched. I'll have to look into that.

Edit: Just checked wikipedia, apparently, it launched in September of 2012. There you go.

Edited by Jasonc

What weekend? I'm partial to a friday night all day saturday thing with the hardcore fans going into the sunday if that happens, probably saturday right. I know it gets cold for you guys quickly so get back to me with a date so I can make a proper announcement, perfect weather for us in september

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Saturday being your friday, so yeah hardcore fan thing sunday w/link up for both cons.

Things are fricken high tech theses days everyone has smart phones and tabs, so it's going to be awesome.

I don't think anyone has taken the reigns over here yet, and I wouldn't mind pitching in, but I would need help. As long as we can get a small team to set this up, I'm all good for working on it. The setup to simulcast at the same time should work just fine as well. Technology just gets easier to use every year.

Get into it man organising cons is great fun, the only thing un-satisfying is a possible poor turnout but hey quality b4 quantity.

Well, we'll see. I'm not going to jump into something alone, and if it looked like I was going to have to do that, I'd have no problems cancelling it.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the main drawback to having it there, was that nobody could sell anything there. I think if we do it next year, it'll be in a place we can sell stuff. But, location is still very open from what it seems.

I think the main drawback to having it there, was that nobody could sell anything there. I think if we do it next year, it'll be in a place we can sell stuff. But, location is still very open from what it seems.

I second to that.. I want to attend to the MW con this year.

• 3 weeks later...

WOW! It's actually the 30th Anniversarry! And my friends just thought it was a trend :p I don't know if I'll be able to make it out there, but it would be awesome to meet everyone. - MT

ummm, i'm a newbie... can somebody explain how i can attend MW con?

Probably the best way to find out about it, is to simply stay tuned on this thread. Any info will probably be relayed through here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...