Need help finding a Macross game!

alleus

Hello! New member here, created an account just for asking this question.

Some time ago I saw a video of a Macross game, a turn-based RPG kinda game, with almost "chibi" 2D graphics. It looks like maybe a PSP game judging by the quality. I've been since then to find out what this game is called, because I really can't remember, with no success.

Anyone know what game I'm talking about? When in combat you first see your ship on the right side, then you fire missiles or whatever, and the camera pans over to the enemy on the right side and then the damage is done and then it's the enemies turn. While all this is happening there's alot of japanese dialog going on.

Please help me with this, it's driving me crazy!

Turn based chibi leads me to think that it may be one of the Super Robot Taisen series.

There are too many games to mention, on every single system... but they are all basically low quality chibi graphics on the map screen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_robot_taisen

Because Japanese trademark is somewhat less insane than the US, they get license to put practically every mecha that exists in the game. Of course Macross is a major one.

This probably isn't the one you are thinking of, but like I said there are more than I care to even count. The series has been going on for 20 years with tons of games for every system. It's the Madden of Japan.

Roy Fokker killing some space aliens from Gunbuster:
Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 for the PS2