HG and Robotech Debates

What region of Jersey was this, as I don't remember anything like the show you described?

The Philly portion. I remember Star Blazers being on just before I could get home from school - so I caught the last few minutes, and then this show was on.

What I don't get is why he alienates fans and insults them on the RT forums. I mean if he's supposed to be the public liason, he really needs to work on his people skills. Btw hi Kev if you're reading this :) .

Edit: One other thing- I was at an anime con, and almost anyone who I talked to had almost never heard of Macross Frontier, all thanks to our friends at HG- good job guys!

At the conventions over here, they had a Macross cosplay get together, May'n and Megumi Nakajima concert. I wore a Macross plus t-shirt, and got tons of compliments on it. Out of 15 or 16 different people, I think only one mentioned it as a "cool Robotech tee".

Speaking of Cons, looks like the SDCC Robo Tech panel will be on a Thursday at 7pm. Could they have scheduled it at a more inopportune time? It's on the lowest attendee day (though it's still crazy) at dinner time. It's like they're trying not to be seen at Comic Con. Sure, you can blame the crappy time slot on the Comic Con organizers but they probably figure it's not worth giving them a more desirable time when there won't be anything new to report.

Speaking of Cons, looks like the SDCC Robo Tech panel will be on a Thursday at 7pm. Could they have scheduled it at a more inopportune time? It's on the lowest attendee day (though it's still crazy) at dinner time. It's like they're trying not to be seen at Comic Con. Sure, you can blame the crappy time slot on the Comic Con organizers but they probably figure it's not worth giving them a more desirable time when there won't be anything new to report.

I'm sure it's because important stuff, and stuff that's actually relevant to people is getting decent times. SDCC isn't gonna treat RT as a worthwhile franchise, ala,the crappy timeslot. B))

I don't understand why they're even having a con presentation. Some non-robotech fan who is unworthy of seeing the sacred powerpoint presentation of nothingness "might" accidentally stumble in. Wouldn't it make more sense to rent out a Mcdonalds at the birthday party rate, and schedule a convention for only the "true believers." ?

Edited by Keith

the "true believers."

Heh. This phrase made me think of Robotech fans as "Rapture" cult members, with Kevin/Tommy being Harold Camping telling them that "something big is coming! You just wait! All will be revealed!" :p

Wait, did we already talk about this? :wacko:

The Philly portion. I remember Star Blazers being on just before I could get home from school - so I caught the last few minutes, and then this show was on.

Ah, I had a feeling that this may have been the case. I'm in the New York broadcast area which never showed the show you were talking about. At the time that Star Blazers aired here my family didn't have cable, so we never got the Philly stations until after.

That's been happening for years now, except this year there's side story footage to use as leverage. a.k.a. "progress" for once

Edited by Einherjar

Looks like they're grasping at straws again at rt.com

http://www.robotech.com/community/forum/read.php?id=2119503&forumid=31

Now they're speculating that the RLAM may be getting delayed because of WB's plan to produce all of their tentpole productions in 3D.

I can't believe that they think that the RLAM is a tentpole production. A tentpole to what, a pup-tent?

Now they're speculating that the RLAM may be getting delayed because of WB's plan to produce all of their tentpole productions in 3D.

Heh. "They". It's just MEMO talking to himself. Is that all that's left of the fanbase these days?

That's been happening for years now, except this year there's side story footage to use as leverage. a.k.a. "progress" for once

Yeah I know, I just stopped going since they never had any new announcements during the panel. Besides, dinner with my friends in SD is more important. :)

I can't believe that they think that the RLAM is a tentpole production. A tentpole to what, a pup-tent?

Well, what else are they supposed to believe after the HG triumvirate has been telling them for years that WB wants the LAM to be a tentpole franchise to replace Harry Potter? And HG would never mislead its poor deluded fans...

Hmm, funny how "Robotech," and "Robo-Tech" were never mentioned in any of those Warner Bros. press releases until the poster started speculating using his fancy Hollywood and lawyering degree to make sense of it...

...especially when the press statement clearly states that WB will be focusing on DC Comics properties to fill the Harry Potter void. I wonder how the HG crew would respond to this revelation since they made the claim that WB hoped Robo Tech would likely be the tentpole franchise to replace Potter. Paramount and the Transformers franchise have probably stopped shaking in their boots now too. :lol:

DC does own Wildstorm Comics, right? And they did the Robo-Tech comics, so you could speculate that the LAM really is coming along by this year, but more likely 2012... with Batman.

Meh, just let them believe anything. Robo-Tech AND Batman 2012!

Edited by Einherjar

I'm still waiting for HG's gang to claim Battlefield Earth L.A. was the first chapter in the new Robotech storyline.

Edited by Keith

That information Memo put up proves the opposite of what he's claiming. From this year up to 2014, WB will be busy setting uo their tent pole franchises, but with no mention of Robo-Tech. What does that tell you?

It's just a bunch of people who want to think they know what they're talking about, but really know hardly anything. In fact, I'd say they probably know less than the average person, considering the claims and outrages speculations-as-facts fiascoes. They're just shooting in the dark, firing off all rounds, in hopes of one shot hitting target. If that happens, they'll simply claim that they were always right, yadda yadda, you know the deal. Basically, it makes them more unreliable, and more untrustworthy (if that's even possible). I'm talking about everyone who's associated on the HG staff/semi/wannabe staff bandwagon who just believes all that retarded B.S. Maybe WB does want RT to be a "tentpole" (hahaha) movie franchise. I'm sure they'd want that for any damn movie they put out. The more anchors you have, the more solid your ground.

BREAKING NEWS!!! I just saved a couple hundred bucks on my car insurance! This must mean that Robotech is well underway to getting made by 2013!

The attempts at making a live-action version of this saga reminds me much of that possibly shelved/aborted try at creating a live-action version of Evangelion (at Evageeks.org, we refer to this project as "LAEM"). :lol:

*shakes head* Having seen many to-film adaptations over the years, and most of them didn't do well, there will be no surprises for me if this adaptation falls flat on its face because of the focus towards profits over artistic integrity while conveniently ignoring pleas from knowledgeable fans.

-----------

OBTW, do the HG-carpetbaggers still have any jurisdiction over the Philippines? If so, we're out of luck just like the rest of the world, because some viewers are clamoring for a SDF revival over at a local anime channel, but I told them that it's highly improbable (including the rest of the saga, especially Frontier) due to the nasty legal entanglements.

Edited by soul.assassin

A buddy of mine who has a store that sells books, gave me a free copy of the Shadow Chronicles RPG book, the hardcover version. I haven't really read through it, and don't intend to ever play it, but it kinda makes me feel like this is how the fans are really going to get any good stories out of the franchise....make your own $h!t up. BTW, thanks, Mike, for the book!!! Unfortunately, he hasn't been selling a lot of the Palladium RT RPG books, and he's probably going to cut the amount he orders by a lot. I get info like this from various people I know all over, and then hear what HG has to say, and the reality of the people trying to sell the merchandise vs. what HG says seem to be totally different stories. It's probably also why these books are on sale at palladium. Go figure.

At least with the live-action Evangelion movie they had some pre-production work to show, unlike absolutely nothing for the RT movie.

Exactly, sure it was bad, but it showed that there was "real" effort made, with a "real" production studio involved (Weta Digital). Sure we have WB as a licensor, but nothing else. In the time since this announcement, we've had two additional transformers movie, a Yamato movie, and that awful CG Astroboy movie. Denial can only go so far.

Edited by Keith

Exactly, sure it was bad, but it showed that there was "real" effort made, with a "real" production studio involved (Weta Digital). Sure we have WB as a licensor, but nothing else. In the time since this announcement, we've had two additional transformers movie, a Yamato movie, and that awful CG Astroboy movie. Denial can only go so far.

To be fair, without knowing the development time of any of the projects mentioned, only the 2nd Transformers movies *really* counts - as it's the only one that's gone through the complete development cycle from an idea floating around the studio, to wide-release.

Nevertheless, your main point still stands.

"Real effort? What's this reality thing that you refer to?"

The attempts at making a live-action version of this saga reminds me much of that possibly shelved/aborted try at creating a live-action version of Evangelion (at Evageeks.org, we refer to this project as "LAEM"). :lol:

*shakes head* Having seen many to-film adaptations over the years, and most of them didn't do well, there will be no surprises for me if this adaptation falls flat on its face because of the focus towards profits over artistic integrity while conveniently ignoring pleas from knowledgeable fans.

-----------

OBTW, do the HG-carpetbaggers still have any jurisdiction over the Philippines? If so, we're out of luck just like the rest of the world, because some viewers are clamoring for a SDF revival over at a local anime channel, but I told them that it's highly improbable (including the rest of the saga, especially Frontier) due to the nasty legal entanglements.

Not sure about that... I did see some yamato toys being sold at one of the toy shops (Not sure if it's in Toy Kingdom). Besides I don't think we are profitable market for them here. I did make a search at http://trademarks.ipophil.gov.ph/tmsearch/ ... Didn't find anything though

Wonder what? Did they steal money from you? Promise services that weren't rendered? Were you an employee and they refused to pay you?

They're just a crappy company. There's nothing illegal about being crappy.

Edited by Gubaba

Wonder what? Did they steal money from you? Promise services that weren't rendered? Were you an employee and they refused to pay you?

They're just a crappy company. There's nothing illegal about being crappy.

There is false representation. Misleading the customer and public trust.

Off the top of my head, I honestly can only recall the Maia reissue fiasco at this moment. Id have to research further for more possible detail(s). Which is why I speculated by saying: "I wonder."

Wouldn't that be Toynami's problem, not HG's?

Wouldn't that be Toynami's problem, not HG's?

It would fall on both in the eyes of BBB since the details were posted on RT.com's site and not Toynami's. Although, Toyanmi is the producer, HG name and associated content is on the product, and is the product in itself.