Macross Ultimate Frontier for the Sony PSP.

UN Spacy

F***. f***f***f***f***f***.

I JUST got 100% on Ace Frontier, and now this.

Guess I'll be spending another hundred hours on a Macross game. It better have the DYRL refit of the SDF-1, and a properly colored TV version.

The pilot list is disturbing. Why are Minmay, Ranka, and Sheryl on there? And the captain of the MacQ? They MUST have Global in there, too. They even have the Mac0 version of Roy, and Shin.

VT-1 will be pointless cannon-fodder, VF-19P is excessive, -25S Armored will have sucky handling, and, wtf is with all the Mac0 stuff? Are we gonna get a whole UN Wars era? VF-0D, VF-0S Reactive Armor, and...oh my god, is that an F-14Kai?

...I am SO F***ING GETTING THIS GAME.

You know, I was certain they'd do Gundam first (been maxing out some of the couple hundred MS stats in anticipation), but I'm even happier there's more Macross on the way. Just from the pic's

-Sound Boosters!

-Sheryl & Ranka!

-Minmay

-Quarter

Looks like most if not all of our checklist is being added. As for controls, if you expect anything other than the scheme included, you're just flat out playing the wrong game. These games are about hero mecha, hero attacks, and awesomeness. not about sim realisticnicity.

This is so pre-ordered as soon as it pops up.

VF-19P Awesome, I can't wait to whale on Protodevelin with Angel Voice, & OMG, Graham, you're there too!

Damn, maybe I'll switch back from Gundam to levelling up the series character pilot stats, just in case those carry over too. And for those who think the YF-21 was too powerful, try going against it with the VF-19 Kai, speedy enough at top tune (without special boost) to actually dodge the YF-21's special.

Edited by Keith

Seriously, I want the plane controls like Ace Combat X, especially the chase camera (because it sucks right now). If they could mimic PS2's SDF Macross, that would be sweet.

I hope the control scheme is completely revamped to play a lot more like Ace Combat X. I don`t know why it would be but I hope.

From the attnetion to detail sidestory character/mecha that they put into the Gundam games, I think we can expect a more thorough Macross experience this time. This first game with tis unfinished (yet still highly polished)-ness was most likely a test to justify the budget into this game. Considering Gundam Battle Universe includes a ton of outside animation details like Johnny Raiden, Various RX-78 production models, Mk V, Blue Destiny, Penelope, etc, we should get some very cool unlockables in this next Macross game.

VF-4 anyone?

I also though about the VT-1, couldn't remember if someone was complaining about it in this topic or another one, but it'd be a perfect mecha for Minmay to pilot while singing Sunset Beach :)

Macross Ultimate Frontier has been announced for later this year. Get ready to waste more of your life away :lol:

Basically this^

Expect them to plug away with additional titles with only slight improvements each time to make more money off of all of us. The Gundam battle series has come leaps and bound from were it started and even with all the units they have since the last installment there's still room for plenty more as the UMD is still under 1gig.

MUF! NICE~!!!! what a scoop...da! :p Finally the VT-1!!! They better have a free play with just hik and minmay flying around Saturn. :D

If they decide to stretch out TV & Movie into completely seperate campaigns, this may very well happen. I just hope they pop for full songs + lyrics, more expensive yes, but the first one sold well enough to warrent it.

I just hope they pop for full songs + lyrics, more expensive yes, but the first one sold well enough to warrent it.
This is were MAF already out shined the Battle series. Sure Gundam doesn't have that many songs with vocals to begin with but it would be nice to have some in the game(s) actually.

Nothing like playing MAF to Fire Bomber vocals :lol:

This is were MAF already out shined the Battle series. Sure Gundam doesn't have that many songs with vocals to begin with but it would be nice to have some in the game(s) actually.

Nothing like playing MAF to Fire Bomber vocals :lol:

Hell, I'd play through a whole Gundam Battle game with just Char's theme song from 0079 TV

.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzrPQbzJK6o&feature=related

I love machine translations..

http://www.excite-webtl.jp/world/english/w...+%96%7C+%96%F3+

Confirmed, there will deifinately be seperate campaigns for Macross TV & Macross DYRL. Also looks like it says all campaigns will incorperate more direct story elements. Sweet.

Oh sh!t!!! Looking at that above picture from the Zero campaign, you can use Shin's F-14! I want this game now!!

Edited by Keith

Hell, I'd play through a whole Gundam Battle game with just Char's theme song from 0079 TV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzrPQbzJK6o...feature=related

I could dig that. Some Fly Gundam would be appreciated too.

The F-14 is a bit of a surprise. I wasn't too impressed with the way everything handled in fighter mode in MAF. It wasn't horrible but it left something to be desired IMO. Hopefully they've ironed it out a bit more and it feels more like Macross and less like controlling a MA or TMS in the Battle series. The campaign addition announcements are definitely awesome even if expected.

@paliodor

It plays the same as Macross Ace Frontier (since Macross Ultimate Frontier is a sequel), released almost a year ago. There are some videos of the gameplay on youtube, if you don't have a PSP.

Thanks for the info. I will search youtube for some videos from the first game. It's great that psp is region free, thanks to that I can play this game on my European psp.