Jasmine models VF-1

jvmacross

Talk about a photetch monstrosity! I must admit I like the silver better than the brass color (closer to aluminum colors). It does look like a knock-off from the few parts I compaired, but I didn't thoroughly look at it. - MT

Hopefully someone will combine a 1/72 Hasegawa VF-1S and the Jasmine Model to create this....

imai%20vf-1%20cross%20view%201.jpg

That was my first thought! Have it in a hanger with all the access panels removed undergoing a major systems overhaul, tons of wiring and plumbing everywhere. I wished I was independently wealthy and didn't have to work... ah, I can dream.

No Big West sticker....maybe that company was subcontracted by Yamato to create it in the first place and since Yamato/Arcadia did/are doing nothing with it..........

I agree it looks better in silver...

That was my first thought! Have it in a hanger with all the access panels removed undergoing a major systems overhaul, tons of wiring and plumbing everywhere. I wished I was independently wealthy and didn't have to work... ah, I can dream.

The Jasmine kit begs for a diorama of this.....

ep33_focker_vfx1.png

I'd pick one up in a heartbeat if I had the cash. Being that the two are of the same subject you'd expect some similarity. As it is Jasmine makes some awesome PE detail sets for the Hasegawa Macross aircraft.

Here's a question for the modelling guys around here (maybe it could go in the other thread, but this seems an appropriate place for it):

How do you remove PE parts without fear of warping/bending them?

I use PE occasionally for a cockpit or with armor accessories, but there is always the chance that in merely removing the part from the sheet I'll crease it. I usually cut with a sharp x-acto against a flat cutting board...but even then the sheet has some flex once pressure is applied to the spur.

Solutions from the gurus?

Reply from Jasmine Model:

"The YAMATO's PE VF-1 was designed by ours. YAMATO was bankrupt, couldn't finish the project. So we added some details and restart this project."

Also asked if there were any plans for other scales.....they said none at this time.

Wonder if by "some details" they meant adding the engines?

Any of the MW modelling experts ever build this type of kit before? It just looks like it would take an extreme amount of patience.....let alone skill.

Here's a question for the modelling guys around here (maybe it could go in the other thread, but this seems an appropriate place for it):

How do you remove PE parts without fear of warping/bending them?

I use PE occasionally for a cockpit or with armor accessories, but there is always the chance that in merely removing the part from the sheet I'll crease it. I usually cut with a sharp x-acto against a flat cutting board...but even then the sheet has some flex once pressure is applied to the spur.

Solutions from the gurus?

First, don't use a cutting mat. Use a hard tile or steel plate. Second, use a #12 or a #10 Exacto blade. One with a curve to the edge so you can roll it on to the fret connection.

Hmm, if I can spare the cash, after paying the captain for his blueberry crab, I might just be crazy enough to buy this next week. It is pricey but seeing some of the cash I unloaded a few years back on camera gear, I can somewhat justify this buy.

Being a Chinese product, are there any concerns about quality or there?

I also suggest using some painters tape on the underside as you cut, so that the itty bitty parts don't achieve orbital velocity when you free them from the fret.

THIS!! I have spent far too long looking for a little flight stick that went flying on the floor. Thank god I didn't have Carpet.

My main question is how it says it has 154 parts. That seems really low. Like is the wing-rib assembly just one piece Z-folded a zillion times?

looking at the sheets, it would seem so.

Edited by anime52k8

Oh and these are worth the cost http://xuron.com/index.php/main/consumer_products/4/80 Awesome set of PE scissors.

Those are great!!! exactly what I've been looking for.

Oh man, they're like $20usd from Amazon.com but over $50cdn from Amazon.ca - again us Canadians get screwed!

Those are great!!! exactly what I've been looking for.

Oh man, they're like $20usd from Amazon.com but over $50cdn from Amazon.ca - again us Canadians get screwed!

Talk to Tom Grossman over @ Tag Team Hobbies. He's a Xuron dealer and IIRC would be happy to ship one to Canada. http://www.tagteamhobbies.com/

Most likely.

Just thought of a wonderfully confusing way to get one. Contact Tom to have him bring one to Wonderfest this month. Then get a hold of Blappy to pick it up for you. Once he gets back he tosses it in the Canadian postal system and there you have it.

Edited by Kylwell

I'd love to see that too!

So you aren't the only dreamer... :p

Edited by Zinjo