I like....it was a slow start, with not a whole lot going on. In fact, right at the start and the ship fly by, it almost seemed as if they were using old animation style (with the dirt falling of and stuff), the ship flyby was abit slow too, and the ship almost looked like a flash animation. Then the action starts to pick up along with the music and the really new animation started with all the little detailed bits here and there. sent shivers up my spine....

.....Yuki's got a nice rack too......haha, come to think of it, Starsha did too...way bigger than the original anime I think.

Edited by peter

This is a definate must buy for my collection. And the best place to look is amazon_JP as they are shipping world wide from Japan.

on one note. Most releases from Bandai recently I have noticed have English subs. Only one question for me is. Why they haven't done these for the macross releases

...Only one question for me is. Why they haven't done these for the macross releases

The whole HG licensing imbroglio, more than likely.

Yamato 2199 just keeps getting more and more enticing with every new clip I witness... can't wait until this gets going.

I agree that each clips just looks better and better. Seeing the Yamato opening with such detail and fluidity brings a tear to my eye.

That did look great. I also love how Nova's new uniform has accent lines that show where the largest part of her boob is. Excellent!

Well, I saw the first 2 episodes at the cinema yesterday and WOW...just....wow. The sheer amount of quality, attention to detail and heart and soul that the staff are pouring into this show just amazes. Got to hear a talk by the director and see some more Yuki girls too :-) Should have a full report up over at Starblazers.com sometime in the near future.

post-9325-0-57449500-1333943895_thumb.jpg

Some raws have already popped up online but I urge everyone to order the regular edition of the BD once it's released. I really hope that manage to get all 26 eps completed at the same level of quality.

for those wondering, its estimated that it will take approx. 1yr for the series to be finished and all 7 compilations to have played at the cinema.

EDIT: Pics of said Yukis can be found here: http://animeanime.jp/article/img/2012/04/08/9831/459.html

Edited by Tochiro

Thanks for the scoop Tochiro. It's appreciated by fans that are unable to attend these events.

I'm familiar with the regular edition Blu-ray. I haven't heard of a Limited Edition being offered.

I'm familiar with the regular edition Blu-ray. I haven't heard of a Limited Edition being offered.

The limited edition comes with a book of storyboards and a cardboard sleve with special artwork. It want on sale last weekend but is exclusive to cinemas. There is no actual on-disc content differences between it and the regular version which drops in May.

Well, I saw the first 2 episodes at the cinema yesterday and WOW...just....wow. The sheer amount of quality, attention to detail and heart and soul that the staff are pouring into this show just amazes. Got to hear a talk by the director and see some more Yuki girls too :-) Should have a full report up over at Starblazers.com sometime in the near future.

post-9325-0-57449500-1333943895_thumb.jpg

Some raws have already popped up online but I urge everyone to order the regular edition of the BD once it's released. I really hope that manage to get all 26 eps completed at the same level of quality.

for those wondering, its estimated that it will take approx. 1yr for the series to be finished and all 7 compilations to have played at the cinema.

EDIT: Pics of said Yukis can be found here: http://animeanime.jp...8/9831/459.html

Found some torrents, but they were fake and passworded

Edited by peter

Volume 1's listed as a tentative preorder? As in, they're not sure if they're going to get more?

More likely, the 1st print run is sold out. They're gonna have to run another pressing of Volume 1. When it will come is probably anybody's guess.

• 3 weeks later...

I went to Cafe Crew run by the production which made Yamato Fukkatsu-hen (Rebirth) in Minami-Aoyama. I heard there was a Large Yamato model there, but wasn't.

There ware also Kodai's cel pictures, but considering the copyright, I didn't shoot.

Just look at the details:

gallery_768_544_23743.png

"Galaxy Express 999" the movie in 1979. Missiles (or torpedoes) from Arcadia.

post-14942-0-68200100-1336354222_thumb.jpg

post-14942-0-31981600-1336354253_thumb.jpg

post-14942-0-81653300-1336354286_thumb.jpg

I remembered this when I watched Yamato 2199.

Yamato and Galaxy Express 999 are both Leiji Matsumoto's works. Unfortunately, because of the copyright problem, Matsumoto rejected to be a stuff of the recent Yamato movies.

Matsumoto wanted to write the story about Mamoru Kodai and Captain Harlock. That was Mamoru becomes Harlock.

Edited by antibiotictab

Yamato and Galaxy Express 999 are both Leiji Matsumoto's works. Unfortunately, because of the copyright problem, Matsumoto rejected to be a stuff of the recent Yamato movies.

Matsumoto wanted to write the story about Mamoru Kodai and Captain Harlock. That was Mamoru becomes Harlock.

We are lucky that the number of episodes of the original Yamato was reduced so he had to cut Harlock out. If Harlock had been in the original Yamato then matsumoto would have lost the rights to Harlock as well and we might not have had any more Harlock!

We are lucky that the number of episodes of the original Yamato was reduced so he had to cut Harlock out. If Harlock had been in the original Yamato then matsumoto would have lost the rights to Harlock as well and we might not have had any more Harlock!

And the relationship with another characters could be ruined. Maetel, Emeraldas, and Tochiro.

Oh, your nickname appears. :-)

Matsumoto lost the rights to the franchise. Those went to Nishizaki and, after his passing, his estate (son).

Well I know that, but that wasn't the question. With Nishizaki's looney reign at an end, there's no reason for his son to continue ruining Yamato..

Edited by Keith

Well I know that, but that wasn't the question. With Nishizaki's looney reign at an end, there's no reason for his son to continue ruining Yamato..

I imagine it's still a legal morass even if the son was open to working with Matsumoto.

Oh, sorry, I dIdn't realise that that was what your question was suggesting....because honestly its more likely that lemon glazed donuts will start falling from the sky when I have my afternoon coffee break today. Ugh, that sounded condescending didnt it? ^^; Didnt mean it to. but i really could go for a donut right about now.

Basically when theres bad blood on a company level in Japan theres pretty much zero chance of kissing and making up. The court battle that lasted for 20 years wasnt just between Matsumoto and Nishizaki - it ended up being a part of their respective legacies. Now granted, Nishizaki's is an infamous recluse and seldom agrees to interviews - he leaves that to those at Enagio - so take this with a grain of salt, but you may have noticed that Matsumoto's name is seldom mentioned (if at all) in any official documentation regarding 2199. Izubuchi and Nobuteru have talked about his influence on how they retooled the remake but notice that they never talk about anything Matsumoto did outside of the context of the original series.

Basically there was never any chance that Matsumoto would be involved in this remake although personally, despite being a huge Matsumoto fan, I like the new look of the characters and definately think that the redesign will help them appeal more to new/younger potential fans.