Combining The VO Topics

vibayo

this question regards playing voxp in network or stand alone mode...is there an option where i can set it so that there is free tech, otherwords, loads of points so i can use s grade weapons and such.

thanks in advance....

Edited by 362304

Yeah there is, right at the beginning when you set up a play alone mission. It allow you to chose what class of weapons you use and SS is the highest. After that just go out hit a couples of bad guys out and head back in the mother ship to reload and you should have enough pts to get pretty much whatever you want.

here's my 2 cens.

Leo

Hi all,

I guess many of you are quite frustrated that Macross VOXP does not install.

It took me quite some time to iron all issues out and make it working.

Here is the step to step guide of installing Macross VOXP downloaded from imacross server 4.

1. Installation

run "mcrvoxp setupa.exe", you will get an error message saying

file not found something at the very end. DON'T click on the "OK" button in that dialog box. First go to c:\Program Files, copy the Bothtec directory to a temporary location. Then click "Ok", the stupid install program will delete the files because it thought the installation is failed. Now copy the Bothtec directory back to c:\Program Files.

2. Apply no CD crack

There are more than 1 crack come with the download, so it's very confusing.

Forget about the MAT one, it's too hard to use. Ignore all the rest in the main directory, copy mcr.exe from the "mod files" directory to the installed directory.

3. Copy over user data

Remeber in step one, the installation program failed at the end?

As a result of this, the save game directory is not created, the problem

is once in the main menu, nothing will happen when you click on creating

a new character. The solutoin, go to the "mod files" directory,

unzip DATA.rar, then copy mcrgame.dat to "c:\Program Files\Bothtec\Macross VOXP\DataFiles\record", you have to create the "record" directory before copying.

Now... just click on mcr.exe, vola!

The game is up and running!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey everyone

I've recently acquired Macross VO and I'm having a bit of a problem that hasn't been mentioned by anyone. However the web is rather poor on VO resources so I guess I'll ask here.

I'm running VO (not VOXP) with the 1.14 patch and the english addon. My problem is the standalone feature. Whenever I try to start a standalone mission (no matter what the parameters - I've tried almost everything) the game crashes to desktop with an "abnormal termination" error message right after I press the play button.

Now I assumed there could be something wrong with the english patch but I tried it without one and the results were the same.

Anyone know why something like this might happen?

Heh, I just got Macross VO today. What version of Windows are you running? Apparently, if your using Windows XP, and running the regular verison of VO, you need to use the compatability mode and set it for WIndows 98.

Assuming you have a shortcut on our desktop, right-click the icon, go to properties, Compatabilty Tab, and set it for 98. That SHOULD fix the problem.

I have a question. Is there supposed to be any music in this game? Cuz....I don't have any. All I get is the soundFX and such.

Anyone know if the music files are available anywhere?

• 2 weeks later...
Heh, I just got Macross VO today. What version of Windows are you running? Apparently, if your using Windows XP, and running the regular verison of VO, you need to use the compatability mode and set it for WIndows 98.

Assuming you have a shortcut on our desktop, right-click the icon, go to properties, Compatabilty Tab, and set it for 98. That SHOULD fix the problem.

I have a question. Is there supposed to be any music in this game? Cuz....I don't have any. All I get is the soundFX and such.

Anyone know if the music files are available anywhere?

try the imacross. I think they have the music there if I havent mistaken.

• 4 months later...

Okay if these are stupid question just kill me.

I have Macross VOXP, but I cant find the downloads for it at all I went to http://www.angelfire.com/mac/mvo/ but all their links are broken. I tried a net search and cant find them. Do you guys know a place that would have a patch, english translation, or VF downloads for this game?

Edit well no need for the translation I figured it out well enough. As for the patch I dont need it either my version is already version 1.2

Only thing I need to find are Valkyrie like Maxs etc. My version already has the VF-1J Millia, and QF-3000E and VF-1DS but no VF-1J Max. Having a time figuring out the Fly alone screen.

EDIT: Never mind Max's VF was there. I just needed enough points to unlock it to use.

Edited by Sorata

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've just installed VO (not VOXP) on my six month old computer, and have updated it to 1.14 and the English language patch. I'm running XP but have told Windows to play the game in Win 98 mode. I have a couple of questions for those experienced with this game:

1. Are the load times supposed to be so slow? It takes a good couple of minutes to go from the screen where you equip your Valkyrie to the point where you can actually fly it. My computer should be up to the task (128mb video card, 512 megs RAM, Pentium 3.2 gig processor)

2. What exactly should the English language patch translate? All of the ingame dialog and the pre mission exposition are still in Japanese.

3. Is VOXP that much better or quicker? I'd upgrade if that were the case, but it's 1800 yen and I don't even know if I could buy it from Bothtec anymore...

• 5 weeks later...
I've just installed VO (not VOXP) on my six month old computer, and have updated it to 1.14 and the English language patch. I'm running XP but have told Windows to play the game in Win 98 mode. I have a couple of questions for those experienced with this game:

1. Are the load times supposed to be so slow? It takes a good couple of minutes to go from the screen where you equip your Valkyrie to the point where you can actually fly it. My computer should be up to the task (128mb video card, 512 megs RAM, Pentium 3.2 gig processor)

2. What exactly should the English language patch translate? All of the ingame dialog and the pre mission exposition are still in Japanese.

3. Is VOXP that much better or quicker? I'd upgrade if that were the case, but it's 1800 yen and I don't even know if I could buy it from Bothtec anymore...

304432[/snapback]

1) You mentioned that youtr playing it in the win98 mode. Loading shouldn't be slow with your machine. I used to play the game in a win98 PC. And it work really fine. even thye VOXP version.

2) The english language patch only translates the weapon names. Only available for the first version. (I'm not sure if the english patch for the VOXP version is ever created)

3) The VOXP version difference is that thevalks look shiny.

I really miss the online gaming days...

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought my first PC for gaming (I'm a lifelong Mac user) and am wondering about VOXP. Where do I get it? Is it worth it? Should I read the other pages of this thread to figure it all out for myself? For reference, I have an AMD Athlon 64 3200 (Venice core) with a GeForce 6600GT and 1Gb of RAM, and I assume this will run fine simply because VO has been out a while. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I just bought my first PC for gaming (I'm a lifelong Mac user) and am wondering about VOXP. Where do I get it? Is it worth it? Should I read the other pages of this thread to figure it all out for myself? For reference, I have an AMD Athlon 64 3200 (Venice core) with a GeForce 6600GT and 1Gb of RAM, and I assume this will run fine simply because VO has been out a while. Any help is greatly appreciated.

313080[/snapback]

I depends if you're a flight sim fan and a Macross fan at the same time.

I would suggest that you read the other pages for info. :)

anyone want the 4 extra units free of charge go to this site http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc//home type in username macrossvoxpup and password macrossvoxp you can get the 4 extra units just follow instructions though u need a chinese to english translator , which you can babel fish it. anyone want vf 1a and vf 1as brown skin pm me and i will tell you where to get it.

I also uploaded the perfect record which has all type S weapons which if you select micro missles type S it can cause a missle barrage of 16 missles instantly. All the weapons at level S are extremely damaging, faster firing rate, and longer range.

Edited by tliu8295

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Can anyone give a ftp server where the VOXP can be downloaded, PLEASE!?!

If there isn't the VOXP anymore, can anyone upload it?

320732[/snapback]

i got the ordinary VO over bittorrent, search google for macross vo bittorrent, you should find it

now i need the patch :(

I just put a Macross games bittorrent on Azureus trackless/server bittorrent software under the iMacross thread.

Here's the Macross Game bitttorrent, which includes Macros VO, VOXP and mods and many other hard to find unlicensed in North America games. Almost 2gb, but once it's seeded, anybody else using Azureuse bittorrent can up/download the file.

This bittorrent was made to be used with Azureus bittorrent software because it has a trackerless bittorrent file server built in to the Azureus software. So, use Azurues bittorrent software only for the bittorrents I'm uploading.

Downloading the file will take a couple of weeks or a month because it's just me uploading, but once more people have the whole download, speeds will pick up.

boinger

theres a bittorrent link that google links too when you search for "macross vo torrent" it includes the cd image files(youll need deamon tools, a disc emulation program, to run it though, but the program is free :) ) on the disc is also the latest patch, so all you need to download after that is the english patch in a link further up in this thread. ill post the link to the torrent in a few hours, i got class right now...