DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Just an FYI for those of you using Nippon Yasan.... They hand write all of their shipping labels which can be a big problem. I had some major issues with them because of unreadable address labels. In the end they cost me around $200 in shipping because they made me pay to have them re-ship items that were sent back to them (due to illegible shipping labels). This is on top of a return I had where they gave me an incorrect return address..... not once but twice. They made me re-pay to have the return shipped back to them even after acknowledging their error.

Just an FYI for those of you using Nippon Yasan.... They hand write all of their shipping labels which can be a big problem. I had some major issues with them because of unreadable address labels. In the end they cost me around $200 in shipping because they made me pay to have them re-ship items that were sent back to them (due to illegible shipping labels). This is on top of a return I had where they gave me an incorrect return address..... not once but twice. They made me re-pay to have the return shipped back to them even after acknowledging their error.

wow that blows! i've never had shipping issues with them, although i've noticed that their documents are handwritten

I just went through a similar situation with them because of their poorly written labels. I noticed on the USPS tracking page, my package destined for Oregon USA was doing a world tour. From Japan to LA customs, then Hawaii, Chicago and off to a European APO base. I contacted USPS and they said the Zip was incorrect. I then contacted NY and opened a ticket. They immediately said there was no issue and closed the ticket. After several calls to the Post Office, and almost a month later, my package was finally delivered. It had a new typed zip code label stuck over the top of NY's handwritten, sloppy label. I peeled it off and could see where the PO was having a problem trying to decipher what the zip was supposed to be.

Hurry up Bandai, announce the VF-25G now for maybe a March release lol. I need at least 1 more for the Tornado set I bought, I refuse to mess with the one I have now and would rather just leave the Supers on that one.

Edited by Loop

Here's an update on my broken VF-25S. I was able to get it transformed back into fighter mode, and I used the plastic weld on the break. The fix is not the best job, and the break is still visible, so I put on Super parts to cover the break. Here's a quick pic and it will remain in fighter mode.

0D66E1AC-6EE0-42BF-9C27-49225A8DAD2B_zps

Guest davidwhangchoi

Here's an update on my broken VF-25S. I was able to get it transformed back into fighter mode, and I used the plastic weld on the break. The fix is not the best job, and the break is still visible, so I put on Super parts to cover the break. Here's a quick pic and it will remain in fighter mode.

i had to blink twice. i thought the pic stolen. this is the first photo of yours that has (noise).

i had to blink twice. i thought the pic stolen. this is the first photo of yours that has (noise).

:lol: I know, Its been a long week at work and I didn't feel like setting up the photo studio. So I took a quick photo with my phone, and they are not that great in low light. :(

Edited by Saburo

Guest davidwhangchoi

:lol: I know, its not my normal photos, but I did make a note of a quick pic (taken with camera phone in low light). Its been a long week at work and I didn't feel like setting up the photo studio.

heehee, btw, how many 25s did you get? i'm assuming 2x one for armor and one for supers?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Nice! I figured you had 10 of them. :D

i have one more coming (making it 5x) bc CD japan opened up again a few days ago. but you have just as many! i'm sure you can stack and reach the ceiling with all the bandai's you have.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

i have one more coming (making it 5x) bc CD japan opened up again a few days ago. but you have just as many! i'm sure you can stack and reach the ceiling with all the bandai's you have.

Cool you have another coming in. As for my collection boxes reaching the ceiling... ;)

Edited by Saburo

Okay, so got my VF25S Ozma...and I'm not terribly thrilled.

Too fiddly and wobbly for my taste when in battroid.

Does the upper body lock into place at all, or is it always this wobbly? Have I missed any step in the instructions where the neckplate somehow locks onto the nosecone indent and the torso is more stable? Mine just wobble around when I move it.

Okay, so got my VF25S Ozma...and I'm not terribly thrilled.

Too fiddly and wobbly for my taste when in battroid.

Does the upper body lock into place at all, or is it always this wobbly? Have I missed any step in the instructions where the neckplate somehow locks onto the nosecone indent and the torso is more stable? Mine just wobble around when I move it.

If the notion might strike you to sell it, let me know. I might be in the market for a second one. My first one has become super floppy over time - even after a few coats of nail polish on the hip joints.

Maybe the nail polish doesn't have the durability for long term use.. nail polish are mostly acrylic and soft enough to wipe off with alcohol. I was considering trying automotive 2K clear with a hardener and see how that works. Shouldn't be too hard to get hold of seeing as I work in a panelshop..

Guest davidwhangchoi

My second VF-25S copy, from CDJ, arrived today; 20 days door to door from shipping notification by SAL unregistered... who needs EMS?

i just got mine yesterday as well.

seems like CD jpy comes fast with sal

i had similar experiences with hobby search. coming in 2 weeks time.

mandrake, not so much, i had packages from them usually come in 2-3 months. lol

Edited by davidwhangchoi

My got 25S just arrived today. That makes it 25 days for it to arrive at my doorstep via Eco - SAL registered. Probably would have arrived a bit sooner because at one point it was at a post office only about 1 hr from my house, and then for some strange logistical reason that I will never understand, it went on a truck northwards to another state before making its rounds and coming back...

My got 25S just arrived today. That makes it 25 days for it to arrive at my doorstep via Eco - SAL registered. Probably would have arrived a bit sooner because at one point it was at a post office only about 1 hr from my house, and then for some strange logistical reason that I will never understand, it went on a truck northwards to another state before making its rounds and coming back...

mishandling I'd say.. <_< I have had that a few times where my local post office has "accidentally" re-forwarded on my parcel back to the distribution center!? Post office staff being either careless or not paying attention..

Lucky for me its not an hour away! :o:D

Edited by spanner76

EMS & DHL = WIN! :D

That's entirely dependent on whether or not you're the impatient type. Impatience = more expensive shipping.

In my personal experience, SAL has always come through in about 2-2.5 weeks, with the longest transit time being about 3.5 weeks, and the shortest being 4-5 days.

That's entirely dependent on whether or not you're the impatient type. Impatience = more expensive shipping.

In my personal experience, SAL has always come through in about 2-2.5 weeks, with the longest transit time being about 3.5 weeks, and the shortest being 4-5 days.

Yes im impatient.. very impatient! ;)

mishandling I'd say.. <_< I have had that a few times where my local post office has "accidentally" re-forwarded on my parcel back to the distribution center!? Post office staff being either careless or not paying attention..

Lucky for me its not an hour away! :o:D

Yeah, I guess it could be that also. When I saw it was at the Warrendale, PA post office, I was thinking, "Nice! It should be at the local post office soon and be at my house by tomorrow."

Nope! It goes to somewhere in Michigan!

Anyway, I just opened it up and gave it a quick inspection and transformed it. Wings are bent as badly as the first release. Wonder what happened as I thought they were getting better with the more recent releases. Paint is still mismatched. One thing that did surprise me is that they revamped the sliding tray the head is attached to. I don't know if it was mentioned already earlier in this thread as I haven't been keeping up, but this was a welcome surprise to me.

The old versions, including the most recent release of the 25F used a fragile double hinge mechanism on the front that connected the outer frame to the inner tray that the head attaches to, which I've had one break and a couple others form cracks. This new one was a bit harder to manage at first since I wasn't aware of the change, but it looks a lot more durable. It attaches on a vertical slider on the back of the sliding frame instead. The redesign also seems to allow the tray to lock in place now without wiggling around while keeping the shoulder plates at a proper angle as well.

Guest davidwhangchoi

One thing that did surprise me is that they revamped the sliding tray the head is attached to. I don't know if it was mentioned already earlier in this thread as I haven't been keeping up, but this was a welcome surprise to me.

The old versions, including the most recent release of the 25F used a fragile double hinge mechanism on the front that connected the outer frame to the inner tray that the head attaches to, which I've had one break and a couple others form cracks. This new one was a bit harder to manage at first since I wasn't aware of the change, but it looks a lot more durable. It attaches on a vertical slider on the back of the sliding frame instead. The redesign also seems to allow the tray to lock in place now without wiggling around while keeping the shoulder plates at a proper angle as well.

oh! that's valuable info. nice there's revisions.

i think anime2k5 mention he did a swap of a neck piece with a 25a that was improved then did his own fix for alto

That's cool that they introduced an improvement in the line.. even if its only the head support part..

The head assembly on my Alto25 isn't too bad thankfully! it pretty much stays where I want it to. But with a few more transformations and messing about im sure it would become a paint the @ss..

So now that I got 2 of my 25S, I've discovered something I never quite noticed before.

I never realized that the Valk's body had a bit of a swivel, that allowed the upper torso to turn a small angle left and right. Please tell me this is something new and not something I had overlooked all this time, despite owning so many VF-25

So now that I got 2 of my 25S, I've discovered something I never quite noticed before.

I never realized that the Valk's body had a bit of a swivel, that allowed the upper torso to turn a small angle left and right. Please tell me this is something new and not something I had overlooked all this time, despite owning so many VF-25

They've always had that, right down to the version 1's.

One thing that did surprise me is that they revamped the sliding tray the head is attached to. I don't know if it was mentioned already earlier in this thread as I haven't been keeping up, but this was a welcome surprise to me.

I just got my VF-25S as well. I never owned the original release, and I was wondering why the hinge was different from the VF-25F.

Now I know why. It's cool that Bandai actually did some revisions for this reissue.

Also happy that all the joints on my copy are still stiff. Disappointed that my 25F has loose leg joints even after spending most of its time displayed on the stand.

Now I'm scared to put the armor on the 25S. But that thing just makes the valk so bad@ss!

I just got my VF-25S as well. I never owned the original release, and I was wondering why the hinge was different from the VF-25F.

Now I know why. It's cool that Bandai actually did some revisions for this reissue.

Also happy that all the joints on my copy are still stiff. Disappointed that my 25F has loose leg joints even after spending most of its time displayed on the stand.

Now I'm scared to put the armor on the 25S. But that thing just makes the valk so bad@ss!

I haven't had a chance to closely examine the 25S reissue, ever since I fixed mine I just left it on the shelf. What is the difference you noticed about the wing hinge?