Hm yeah it will take a while till I get start building. Tight schedule at the moment and I think I have to do some painting on the frame. The frame of the Strike Freedom definitely need some golden paint. Maybe I paint the silver parts of the Sazabi too but I have to see how the Strike Freedom turns out.

Haven't painted anything since 2005. :D

I'm weighing my options on how to handle that frame, too. I saw some encouraging pics from someone who just sprayed it down on the runners with Tamiya gold from a can. I'm not sure how to handle joints, but I suppose I'd go in and touch them up with a marker after flexing them.

Maybe I'll just let you go first ;-)

A big package arrived from HLJ today: RG Strike Freedom, Justice and Aile Strike together with MG Hi Nu and Sazabi Ver. Ka.

This will be my stack for the long and (hopefully) cold winter evenings that lie ahead. ^_^

I still need to apply some decals to my MG Sazabi ver ka and then proceed to give it a flat clear coat.

I couldn't pick just one strike pack...

attachicon.gifPerfect Strike_01.jpg

The strike pack comes with the Skygrapser right? Is this kit worth the asking price? I thought about picking one up to have a complete RG Seed²/Destiny line once I have all the suits finished. ^_^

The PG Strike Gundame comes with tis giant knife. Is there a way to get this for the RG?

Edited by Scyla

The Aile pack comes with the RG Strike Gundam, and the Sword and Launcher packs come with the RG Skygrasper. There is no RG counterpart to that large, curvy sword the PG Strike has (as far as I know), but at least RG has that light blue anti-ship sword from the Sword pack.

I was hesitant about getting the RG Skygrasper, but now that I have it, I'd say the number of sprues and stickers in the box is on par with most RG kits (not as many as a monster like the Freedom, but more than the Z'Gok, for example). I was really surprised at the complexity of it. I'm still building the Skygrasper itself and, sure, it's not as satisfying as building a mobile suit, but I do feel the whole package is worth the price if you want the full Strike Gundam experience.

Please note, though, that there is no proper "Perfect Strike" setup. What I've done here is fit the Aile pack and omit the backpacks for the Sword and Launcher, so he has no place to store the Sword, and the Launcher isn't held up by its usual armature. The RG packs are really intended to be used one at a time, but you can fudge the combination.

Edited by Nekko Basara

I see. I bought some paint cans today. Light Gun Metal (TS-42) for the Sazabi and Metallic Gold (TS-84) for the Strike Freedom. The TS-84 was f'in expensive. Almost twice the price of a RG kit ($30). No wonder Bandai is hesitant with coating their kits gold. The only good thing is that the shop had a 20% off sale so the impact on my wallet was not quite as high. The sale almost made me buy the new LEGO Star Wars Star Destroyer but I decided that enough money was spent already.

I'm planning on painting the frame tomorrow so I might post some results in this thread. Humidity will be at around 50% but I think this will be the last chance for painting this year.

MG Nightingale and Hi-Nu just arrived. I get all giddy just looking over all the sprues, and the Nightingale is just downright beastly-which just complements the sleekness of the Hi-Nu. I remember seeing a pic of a Hi-Nu painted with the colors of the regular Nu from CCA, and it looked frickin sweet. I just might do the same and disregard the purple scheme. Regardless, I can't for some down time to start on these kits!

I like overly-armed death machines like the next guy, but that weapon pack just ruins the Hi-Nu's look IMHO. The funnels/backpack assembly on the Hi-Nu are top heavy enough. Stock photos suggest a purple-dotted shield to go with it, blech.

I'll second that. The HWS is ok on regular Nu, but it's not for Hi-Nu.

I see. I bought some paint cans today. Light Gun Metal (TS-42) for the Sazabi and Metallic Gold (TS-84) for the Strike Freedom. The TS-84 was f'in expensive. Almost twice the price of a RG kit ($30). No wonder Bandai is hesitant with coating their kits gold. The only good thing is that the shop had a 20% off sale so the impact on my wallet was not quite as high. The sale almost made me buy the new LEGO Star Wars Star Destroyer but I decided that enough money was spent already.

I'm planning on painting the frame tomorrow so I might post some results in this thread. Humidity will be at around 50% but I think this will be the last chance for painting this year.

you should have choose the more traditional TS-21 for the gold. At least, it would be the same price for other TS spray can. I think that shops sells the tamiya spray can for a lot (but I dont have any idea on the pricing of tamiya at your place)

ts8384.jpg

Yeah the TS-21 looks better but the shop hadn't the richer gold so I went with this color.

The finished kit will look somewhat like the Strike Freedom I saw posted in Syds blog: http://www.gaijin-gunpla.com/2014/10/rg-strike-freedom-gallery/

IMG_6611main.jpg

The look is ok for me. I thought of using a brown lining pen for shadows on the frame which might result in a richer gold. I probably have to use a clear coat on the kit before I start lining to make the paint flow better into the ridges.

Anyhow. I will post some images when I start building the kit.

Thanks for the input. :)

Just finished the main meat and potatoes of my RG Char's Zaku II. It's just as solid and nice as the generic Zaku II. I just wish some of these stickers though held to the plastic better than others....hate the ones that go on the base of the feet.

This week I have a number of kits that should be arriving, 2 I have to go pick up.

I have a new RX-78-2 RG Gundam, RG Strike Freedom, RG Gundam Mark II, G-Self, Arios which I plan to repaint into my own style and I have Sandrock sitting around for build which is next.

I saw the moving post, and the same general order of kits, figured "no way it can be another gaijin named Syd". I do like the guy, seems cool. Probably because he's Canadian.

I'm starting to get frustrated because I want to build some of the kits in my closet, but my airbrush has gone to hell, my friend stole my X-acto knife, and I can't even afford paint, let alone all the supplies I need. That makes me a sad panda.

saw the PG Unicorn will have a P-bandai online exclusive. It will be the FAU

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2014/10/p-bandai-online-hobby-shop-exclusive-pg.html

That's actually sort of good news, in that it suggests the LED set will be a readily available, normal release. The speculation that the LEDs would be the exclusive had me scared.

So.. the inevitable green frame exclusive PG Unicorn next I suppose?

Hope that if they do release the Banshee, it will come with both the regular and Norn armaments.

With the added FA parts, this thing is going to be HUGE. Doubt it will fit into a detolf.

Perfect Grade RX-0 Unicorn

Untitled-22.jpg

PG Unicorn

>Fully transformable (Face guard "expansion" included)

>"Third form" realized

>Red psychoframe in special glow plastic

>"Transformation" uses magnet in antenna; Interior of the antenna is gold color

>Articulation of the elbow and knee joints able to perform a wide range of movements

Accessories

1 Beam Magnum

1 Shield

1 Hyper Bazooka

1 Display Stand

2 Beam Gattling Guns

4 Beam Sabers

Ammo Packs for Beam Magnum.

*Weapons can be mounted onto Display base.

PG Unicorn LED Set

>For use with Psychoframe with 29 LED units, and one for the eyes, making the total 30 LED units

>LED light up sequences: camera eyes light up, psychoframe light up from low light to full light on

>There is an auto mode for LED light up sequence

http://www.collectiondx.com/news_item/102314/perfect_grade_rx0_unicorn_gundam_updated

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com.ar/2014/10/pg-160-rx-0-unicorn-gundam-new-images.html

Eh, really? I'm not sure what I was expecting, but the only thing about that picture that makes me think *maybe* I'm not looking at a MG Unicorn is the odd reflection of the frame in the left thigh. It even appears to have the janky "all legs" proportions of the MG.

Hopefully just a placeholder image.

Eh, really? I'm not sure what I was expecting, but the only thing about that picture that makes me think *maybe* I'm not looking at a MG Unicorn is the odd reflection of the frame in the left thigh. It even appears to have the janky "all legs" proportions of the MG.

Hopefully just a placeholder image.

Seriously. Aside from a lack of decals, I'm not exactly sure how you guys expect it to be much different.

Seriously. Aside from a lack of decals, I'm not exactly sure how you guys expect it to be much different.

No, you're right, a Unicorn is a Unicorn, and I'm not sure what I expected. But a kit I bought from Japan recently even came with that promo poster we've been seeing, and that made it look soooo sexy. Maybe it's the lack of panel lining and decals that is making this image so bleh.

I did compare the new image to my MG Unicorn, and there are differences. The faceplate on the image looks less sunken, the cheek design appears different, and there are definite differences in the neck guard and how the head sits. So, maybe this is the real PG, but, man, they need to get a nicer example for the promo pics!