Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

The maintenance crew. :lol:

That sentiment goes for most fighters, due to compact fit of damned near everything, and also for large aircraft. I was an Aircraft Pneudraulics Technician in the AF with experience on the MC-130E :wub: , the B-1B :angry:, and the KC-135R & T models. The B-1, for its size, was not designed with maintenance in mind in the slightest (except engines...abt 2 hrs with a good team), and why should it be?: Rockwell sold it to our AF Brass saying it would never break, and it was self-diagnosing. The first is blatantly false, and the second to an extent. I could rant about that POS for hours, but I digress. My point, most aircraft are generally liked or loved by the crews, or the pilots at any rate, with Maintenance generally taking a more diplomatic view based on personal experience (mileage varies). That said, I knew a number of old-timers who gleefully recounted the hardships of working some of the old planes, esp F-4s, B-52s, and F-111s, like battle hardened warriors who'd fought the good fight, not without scars to prove it. I still have scars on my fingers from the B-1. I absolutely hated working on that plane, but I still can't help but feel a small pang of pride when I see footage of them bombing the crap out of some a-holes who've earned our ire. Just the way of things, I guess.

On topic, Good God, I hope Delta isn't M7 part 2. I've not seen 7, nor will I probably ever, but the garishness of it, plus pacifistic singing pilots, just go against the very grain of military bearing and mindset. I hope there's more of a Plus feeling to it; I loved the grittier, more mature feel of Plus, not to mention it mirrored the real life competition between the YF-22 and YF-23. Macross of late doesn't seem to have that edge about it, other than the death of Michael in Frontier. The poster makes me think this'll be another light-hearted anime with more silliness than seriousness, but I hope it's at least in equal parts. Hopefully, too, it'll be streamed with some decent subtitles.

As for the 262 itself, I get a little YF-21 vibe from the forward fuselage, so I'm wondering if the intakes form part of the chest. Hopefully, all will be revealed soon.

As for the 262 itself, I get a little YF-21 vibe from the forward fuselage, so I'm wondering if the intakes form part of the chest. Hopefully, all will be revealed soon.

Agreed, this is one of the most exciting things to contemplate - a new transformation- hope it's cool and innovative.

so... is there actually an official name for this thing yet? Sv-262 Schwalbe/Sturmvogel/Draken... etc etc ?? I must have missed that part. -_-:rolleyes:

sv-262 draken III

or for the posh peeps...SV262 Draken the third. Aerial knights valkyrie fighter team and Heir to the kingdom of kingdom of wind. *ahem*

p.s. made the heir bit up :p

Edited by seti88

Thanks for the close-up IXTL...noticed several areas of interest in the pics...

post-15116-0-69666100-1446299814_thumb.jpgpost-15116-0-57002200-1446299821_thumb.jpg

1) Those flaps really got me scratching as they seem to be different in shape between the left and right wing.

Not sure if its some form of pull out which were not pulled out properly. What funstion would they serve as the shape also looks triangular...

2) The head structure seems to be very integrated to the extent that wondering if its positioned there or perhaps like the old vf-1's where its underside....

There doesnt seem to be any gaps at all...

3) Hinge on the tail fin seem to indicate it could fold either left or right....

4)Ankle joints seem exposed...is there a cover thats been forgotten?

Not to mention the thickness of the valk from the rear view is very different from the flattish 31!

Questions questions!

OK, upon study of the pics, I can say those flaps are identical mirrors of each other. One is angled higher than the other, that's all. The detailing on them is identical.

There's been speculation about the number of engines this thing has-one or two. The feet that join together mean the exhaust chambers would be so close together for two engines that they'd have to be ridiculously thin in order to fit. I therefore propose that this Valkyrie has one BIG thermonuclear turbine, and the legs and feet each contain one half of the exhaust chamber, which in fighter mode combine into one. Because Overtechnology.

Also, the more I see it, the more I like the 31. Plenty of wing, sleek fuselage.

And one more of the rear from the presentation.

PiQPVJF.jpg

One flap? If u can call it that..still looks more pointed than the other..I tried to reason that it maybe folded wrongly but seems like a totally different shape still to me...edit- 2nd glance yea I can imagine it being same if the right is angled more upwards...

Plus I still can't make out the head unit outline behind the cockpit!

Edited by seti88

That drak sure is purdy. I do hope, however, that the batteriod mode feels more solid than my old Yamato YF-21's.

Of all my valks, it's the one that doesn't just snap into place and stay that way. I could be doing it wrong, but none of my other valks have that loose feel in the torso.

Edited by Mazinger

Looks like it'll have some really big "feet"....what if this transforms into something "glaug-like".....

This draken looks like he would be wearing boots with piston like joints facing forward...a bit Frankenstein-ish perhaps?

Edited by seti88

PiQPVJF.jpg

Whoa, a single engine Valkyrie. This is something new. Now, I really can't wait to see how this thing will transform.

Hype level for the SV-262 rising....

Yeah, and those legs are gonna be thick.

I love thick mech. :wub:

Does anyone else get a sort of Air Cavalry Chronicles vibe from the rather ornate looking SV-262 and to some extent the VF-31 as well? Between those and the character designs, it makes me wonder of Kawamori is trying to merge in some more unused ideas from that project into Macross (a lot of designs were already recycled into M7).

All I can say is that the back of that Sv-262 has a bunch of flaps that remind me of the VB-6 quite a bit. Would be interesting if the wings actually become the legs, and those big nozzle halves we see flip around to become the heels.

The 262 is looking a lot more finished than the VF-31 though.

I think it might have similar legs than the Koenig Monster. I painted in some areas into the picture:

post-18307-0-54300100-1446331164_thumb.png

The magenta colored areas seem to be shoulders. Because than you have a nice marking for the Draken Boys squadron on the shoulder. The green part seems to be the lower leg and the blue part has to be the ankle.

The outer part of the wing is likely part of the backpack. If they are part of the backpack than they have to be connected on the underside of the Valkyrie. That would lead to a funky Gerwalk-Mode because than the legs could only swing upwards which would mean that the cockpit is on the underside of Gerwalk-Mode. Which doesn't seem that unrealistic since the whole cockpit seems to be shielded to begin with.

To keep the pilot with the head upwards it would have to rotate 180 degree around the roll axis which probably inhibit more movements of the cockpit area. That means that cockpit area would stay in place for all three modes just like on the YF-30.

Your thoughts?

I really am learning to love the colors on this fighter. I'm still not into those pokey bits on the wings though. I'd love to get a look at the CF version, especially if the green is as rich as the blue is here and the silver has a sheen like this gold does.

Looks like it'll have some really big "feet"....what if this transforms into something "glaug-like".....

haha! I was just going to mention that myself! This might turn out to be a Valkyrie with a "Bigfoot" complex! :p

That's a thought. A non-humanoid Battroid mode? A transformation reminiscent of the VB-6 König Monster? Hmm.

Didn't Kawamori mention that one of the new variable fighters will have a unique transformation? To be honest I wouldn't want to see it look or transform anything like the VB-6.. and in this earlier pic below it does show that there will be 3x transformation modes..?

post-21335-0-63314700-1446332760_thumb.jpg

Well, now that I've seen it up close I can say that I love the Valk, but I don't really like the paint job. Hopefully some of the other schemes will be more appealing.

I don't mind the paint job so much, it does give the thing a more sinister look about it. What I don't really like is the colored over cockpit canopy.. much like on the VF-27's which I switched over to the clear canopies. If this is the case then I hope they include a clear option part.