Yes, I think 'Yamo is too sexed up in that version to be accurate/faithful to her on-screen character. I can only wonder what the 'medic with her......"ample nacelles" will look like in a "sexed up" statue/figure. Don't get me wrong though-they're all smoking hot and want them accordingly, lol...

I just think she has cute hair and a cute butt. that's really all I care about.

Anyone familiar wiith Emotion/Bandai Visual's MO for this situation?

I'm wondering if we'll get a special box case to hold all seven volumes (when the final BD is released).

Anyone know if this might happen?

I spent the last two days watching the first 14 episodes of Yamato 2199. This is my first exposure to Yamato, and I must say I'm rather enjoying it so far. The first episode (and maybe two) was a little rough, but the series has won me over. I eagerly await the next release.

I spent the last two days watching the first 14 episodes of Yamato 2199. This is my first exposure to Yamato, and I must say I'm rather enjoying it so far. The first episode (and maybe two) was a little rough, but the series has won me over. I eagerly await the next release.

It's worth "enduring" the original just so you can compare how great of a reboot 2199 is; if only other reboots could be as enjoyable...

kinda surpised (but, pleasantly) with Gamilas Set#2. Someone in another forum mentioned that according to the magazine scan below, Set#2 would be the same as Set#1 (Destoria and Kelkapia) with the new smaller Kripitera thrown in, presumably in lie of the freebie Pluto satellite.

rA3v81pgFRte09v8YvQsFQ.jpg

but i don't think that would've made sense since the Kripitera, while small, is a lot more plastic than the satellite, hence couldn't possibly be a freebie. so i take it that Amiami has the correct Set#2 info ie. Gaiderol battleship plus a couple of Kripitera. i wonder what the freebie would be?

TOY-RBT-03184.jpgTOY-RBT-02817.jpg

so we now have Set#1 (Destoria, Kelkapia) and Set#2 (Gaiderol, Kripitera). that leaves the Meltoria, Domelus III, Gaiperon carriers, and UX-01 submarine.

the Domelus is probably going to be a kit by itself because it's huge. the Meltoria is smaller than the Gaiderol but a bit bigger than the Destoria, while the UX-01 are a bit smaller than the Kripitera. so maybe Set#3 will be 1 Meltoria + 2 UX-01? and perhaps Set#4 will be a pair of Gaiperon carriers and a flight of fighters, plus maybe the Delamaya assault ship? :D

74528.JPG

I doubt that tank carrier will have it's own model, unless it comes as a "freebie" As for the Garmillas set 2, given it comes with 2 Kripteras, i don't think it will bring a "freebie" with it. As for future releases, the Meltoria bundled with the much smaller UX-01 (though i believe there's only one of those) would make sense. As for Domelus III, though i would love to have her in scale with the rest of the line, the chances Bandai will go for a hunk of plastic 70cm long are slim. The same for the Gyperon Class carriers wich may be as big or even bigger than the Domelus III. I do hope they publish them, even if in a smaller scale. If they do it in 1/1000, my head will explode with the awesomeness.

Melda's fighter appears in the May issue of Dengeki Hobby. There's an image of some CAD files in a computer too, guessing that's from Bandai as i don't see modelers going to that level of technical... Oh, wait...these are japanese modelers... They are epic... OK, never mind... XDDD

Joking aside, the 1/72 line will probably feature Kato's Falcon and since the color patern of the other Falcons is different, maybe a couple of different pattern versions, like they did with the Zero. I can see Melda's fighter coming out and perhaps the Seagul and T-100. Other than that it's anyone's guess.

well, the 1/350 Yamato is 76cm, but then again it's THE Yamato. having said that, the 1/400 Musai is 60cm and arguably,Bandai has the same reverence towards Yamato as they do to Gundam.

considering Bandai seems to be pulling out all the stops, there may be an off chance a 1/1000 Domelus will see the light of day.

as for the Gaiperon, they were labeled as assault carriers, so i took that to mean they would be battleship size at best, which is still only half the size of the Domelus. they probably intended the Domelus to be the biggest and baddest in the fleet.

i want the Seagull more than the T-100, but i'll take both of course :D

anyone know if the latest Dengeki will come with a mini kit like the Cosmo Falcon in the January issue?

Yeah, Falcon, Seagull, type 100 Scout(2 types there: the ski equipped mars base, and the non-ski Yamato based one), Melda's and/or standard green 262 fighter, and the fighter that was used at the Pluto base. All are good to me.

Only separated the Scout up since it has some different colors and Bandai seems to be wanting to mold these in color.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Welcome to the world of Yamato, Duke!

If you decide to get into the original series, I can't reccomend Yamato 2 enough (second series). Just stay away from Arrividerci (original movie version that was redone into the second series).

If you decide to get into the original series, I can't reccomend Yamato 2 enough (second series). Just stay away from Arrividerci (original movie version that was redone into the second series).

Actually, I would love for him to experience that creepy scene with Kodai holding a dead Yuki as he blabbed on and on for about 30 mintues before he pulled the ultimate kamikaze move...

Actually, I would love for him to experience that creepy scene with Kodai holding a dead Yuki as he blabbed on and on for about 30 mintues before he pulled the ultimate kamikaze move...

Well...maybe after. I just think Yamato is best experienced with minimal crazy Nishizaki tangents.

I think Arrividerci is that best Yamato ever. Nishi got so upset that the ending was redone for Yamato 2 that he has been trying to off Yuki every chance he gets...

has Yamato 2nd season been released on bluray?

i don't intend to watch the original 1st season, nor to go through all the past material. so which ones would you consider "essential" or recommended watching besides the 2nd season? kindly mention if it's a movie or series. thanks

has Yamato 2nd season been released on bluray?

i don't intend to watch the original 1st season, nor to go through all the past material. so which ones would you consider "essential" or recommended watching besides the 2nd season? kindly mention if it's a movie or series. thanks

Final Yamato, the animation on that one is the best of the bunch till the revival stuff came along, the story is a little clunky though (if you are 18+, try to find the one with the second ending, I think, there have been at least 3 different ending sequences made for the movie). The other stuff after Yamato 2 was just not as good and the animation went from poor to decent.

I think Arrividerci is that best Yamato ever. Nishi got so upset that the ending was redone for Yamato 2 that he has been trying to off Yuki every chance he gets...

The worst being Resurrection, wtf was that?!

The awesomeness compiles. IF you thought the 1 minute trailer for chapter 5 was awesome... This 2 minute trailer will blow you away! BASK IN AWESOMENESS!!!

Awesome! Great timing too - I just finished rewatching Tim Eldreds 2005 documentary on the history of Yamato too :)

i need to find a time machine and skip on over to when the BD box set is for sale.

the wait is just torture...

Do you mean a US BD boxset? Because theres not much chance of Japan getting one imo. Bandai Visuals usual MO is to release either separate volumes or a box set. They dont tend to re-release a series as a boxset unless theres been a remaster or changes made to it. The single volumes might get a rerelease to coincide with the TV broadcast, but I doubt they will be repackaged as a box set.

The awesomeness compiles. IF you thought the 1 minute trailer for chapter 5 was awesome... This 2 minute trailer will blow you away! BASK IN AWESOMENESS!!!

The man Niimi called "him" in the chapter 4 is Mamoru.

And nobody was talking about the relationship between Yuki and Yurisha in the previous story, but it seems to be revealed. At least the fact is that both Yuki and Yurisha's VA is the same person, Houko Kuwashima.

Edited by antibiotictab

Do you mean a US BD boxset? Because theres not much chance of Japan getting one imo. Bandai Visuals usual MO is to release either separate volumes or a box set. They dont tend to re-release a series as a boxset unless theres been a remaster or changes made to it. The single volumes might get a rerelease to coincide with the TV broadcast, but I doubt they will be repackaged as a box set.

box set or not doesn't really matter to me. my main point is that i wish all the episodes have been aired, all the BDs bought, so i can already spend weekend after weekend doing yamato 2199 marathons from start to finish.