Official PS2 Macross Secrets Thread

Adventure

Using Fokker in Pine salad has nothing special :p My friends and I were pretty upset about it :(

If you have trouble getting Max's 1j you gotta go back to the space stages and use the VF-1a sans Fast Packs. they didn't have fast packs that early in the Macross series so the devs prolly thought it'd be cheating :p It's not that bad but I'm sure you'll be hitting your head on the table in the Daedalus Attack mission with that slow 1a :p

After playing a while It's my opinion that there IS a difference between the 1A, 1J and 1S in terms of speed and transformation time. That's only because I feel slow when I'm using a vanilla 1A as oppossed to a vanilla 1S.

The Paint schemes kinda had me pissed. I was hoping for different Valks not color schemes :p You can get pretty close to Max and Hikaru's 1S by using Indigo and Carmine. However, on my 1s I use grey because I think it looks better, especially with that Orange symbol on the heat shield in Battroid mode.

Fast packs just carry more missiles and are slightly faster. This was tested by doing the first part of Daedalus attack several times with a vanilla 1s and a fastpack 1s. It was like 1 second faster..wooo :p

Strike Gun is great save the ammo restriction. Only worth using in Battroid mode too :p

Edited by Duymon

Whew. I just unlocked Miria's VF-1J..........and there are STILL three more open slots.

It's Hikaru, Max, and Roy's VF-1S'........right?

To unlock Roy's VF-1S = Get a S Rank on every stage

What about Hikaru and Roy's VF-1S??????????

Man the scoring in this game is a little goofy. Don't know what's most important: Kills?, Time?, Health?, or Hit percentage?

it's the total score that matters most from what i've seen.

To unlock Roy's VF-1S = Get a S Rank on every stage

What about Hikaru and Roy's VF-1S??????????

You mean Hikaru and Max right?

According to what people say, it's around 16 for Max and 18 for Hikaru?

I guess the plan is to get as many stages with S rank and you're getting close to it... Although some people say you can get it by completing specific stages with specific paint schemes, not too sure about that.

Hi there does anyone know how I can get a Max's VF-1A ?

So far I have finished the tv and movie version of the game and I managed to get "S" rank for stages P1 to P 5 via the free battle stages and I was given Hikaru's VF-1J. Still only managed to get A rank in P6 so far (Those 3 zentradie spies piloting the scout ship is a pain in the ass).

Got Max's VF-1S last night... I can't remember but I think I have 15 or 16 S-ranks now...

The remaining missions are tough... 1) because they are long 2) because they are hard :)

Anybody got hints on P-10? The one where there are 4 enemy ships? What's the fastest and easiest way of hitting all the turrets?

I have to try to use Max's 1S in Pine Salad, and see if anything happens...

So far I have finished the tv and movie version of the game and I managed to get "S" rank for stages P1 to P 5 via the free battle stages and I was given Hikaru's VF-1J. Still only managed to get A rank in P6 so far (Those 3 zentradie spies piloting the scout ship is a pain in the ass).

To get the Max VF-1A beat "Pine Salad" with an S ranking and then go back beat TV missions 1-5 with an A ranking or higher to get a Max VF-1J. Use the Max VF-1J on Pine Salad to unlock Miria's VF-1J. I got an A ranking that time to get it.

Anybody got hints on P-10? The one where there are 4 enemy ships? What's the fastest and easiest way of hitting all the turrets?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. I think I was lucky enough to pick up a S-Rank on this stage, from what I remember I spent most of my time hitting the afterburners in Fighter Mode. Once I got within missile range I quickly transformed into Gerwalk and unloaded with AMM(?) payload.

Don't forget about the various Fighters that're strafing you. Try to follow the same route and once you get to each ship destroy it ASAP (if you keep going back and forth between each ship you'll waste precious time). :ph34r:

here's ya a good one: I used Max's -1A and got an S ranking on the Pine Salad stage, i get the -1J, i use it, and i get a A ranking, even though i get Millia's valk too. kinda strange, hunh?

oh yea, so far my S rankings are on

P-01

P-02

P-03

P-04

P-05

P-06

P-08

P-09

Update: Got S on P-07 and P-10 as well.

Edited by Lightning 06

So far I have finished the tv and movie version of the game and I managed to get "S" rank for stages P1 to P 5 via the free battle stages and I was given Hikaru's VF-1J.  Still only managed to get A rank in P6 so far (Those 3 zentradie spies piloting the scout ship is a pain in the ass).

To get the Max VF-1A beat "Pine Salad" with an S ranking and then go back beat TV missions 1-5 with an A ranking or higher to get a Max VF-1J. Use the Max VF-1J on Pine Salad to unlock Miria's VF-1J. I got an A ranking that time to get it.

Hi,

Thanks for the tip, I finally got Max's VF-1A, but when I use Max's VF-1A in Stage P1 to P5 with rank of A or S, I could not get Max's VF-1J. On some of the space stages I was using the Max's Super Valkyrie VF-1A, or am I suppose to use the normal VF-1A only, is that why I could not get the VF-1J ?

So far I have finished the tv and movie version of the game and I managed to get "S" rank for stages P1 to P 5 via the free battle stages and I was given Hikaru's VF-1J.  Still only managed to get A rank in P6 so far (Those 3 zentradie spies piloting the scout ship is a pain in the ass).

Hi,

Thanks for the tip, I finally got Max's VF-1A, but when I use Max's VF-1A in Stage P1 to P5 with rank of A or S, I could not get Max's VF-1J. On some of the space stages I was using the Max's Super Valkyrie VF-1A, or am I suppose to use the normal VF-1A only, is that why I could not get the VF-1J ?

dude, remember that you're playing the series prometheus wings, not armd wings, so using a super vf on any space stage before the great battle is not applicable. always use the normal vf in space, it'll train you for massive space battles!

I finally got an S on ARMD level 6. Funny thing was there are clues to help you beat it. If you look around you'll see a couple of kite symbols. They are on the towers. I had better luck with the tower closest to the Macross. The battle armors seem to excel in fighting you when your on the ground...so...get up in the air and waste them with your gun. Missles seem useless against them. Plus if you stay near that first tower you'll have cover for the next step when all the pods and glaugs start flying over.

Next it is very important that you pass this first 1/2 of the stage with a perfect score. I got a perfect score on the first stage and didn't on the second and still got an S rank. Your given full health for the second half anyway. For the second half concentrate on the scout ships one at a time. you pretty much have to destroy them one at a time or else you have all of them flying around almost destroyed and they waste the macross.

Find one and use your r1 button to follow it. (if it just stops moving get out of the firing path cause it going to fire its beam weapon. Kill these off one by one and then kill off the pods and glaugs. Also by using the r1 most of the missles will miss you as long as you stay in the air. Get the timing down for using your boost in the GBP to stay in the air indefidently.

Now I just gotta beat that last ARMD stage and I'm done. ;)

• 2 weeks later...