Macross PS2 Game

Chicago

I figured because of the big mess HG made with Robotech, Macross items are rarer here than they would have been if Robotech never made it into existance. Sure we get plus and II, but I think they would have come faster (Along with other Macross items) If HG didn't raise a fuss.

I mean, have ANY macross games made it to the states? Ones that you've seen in stores, anyway?

I figured because of the big mess HG made with Robotech, Macross items are rarer here than they would have been if Robotech never made it into existance. Sure we get plus and II, but I think they would have come faster (Along with other Macross items) If HG didn't raise a fuss.

I mean, have ANY macross games made it to the states? Ones that you've seen in stores, anyway?

Plus and 2 weren't delayed by any legal fuss that I know of.

It's only recently that HG's started giving a crap one way or the other.

And no, no Macross games have made it stateside.

VFX2 almost did. It was canned at the last minute.

Some suspect HG threatened legal action, but it's unverified.

As far as I know, a VFX-2 demo from OPM is the only domestic Macross game ever released. But I have been wrong before.

I think that's accurate.

Unless you count the various FamiClones. Some of those have been sighted with Macross.

• 2 weeks later...

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

:(:(:(:(

My brother accidently overwrited the Macross info on my memory card. Darn, all of my good ratings are down the drain. I was THIS close to getting the last two VF-1's (Roy and Max's VF-1S')

I tried playing it earlier this week, I'm already stuck on the 2nd PROMETHEUS level.....what am I supposed to do before the countdown ends?

Land on the Macross?

What else? Destroy all the pods?

To get the S grade do the following. Its not much fun but it will get you an S for sure. Forget about everything, just fly as fast as you can and land on the macross below. Once your on it you'll be standing there then you can shoot a couple of pods. Getting there fast with no damage is the key.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm kinda new into the import scene, but I try to stay away from eBay. I know a lot of people love it... and I know that a lot of people set up their e-businesses through eBay... but I've never really liked buying stuff from other people. I like to do my business with a real store, so I buy my imports from Starland. They have a bunch of stuff, and if you live around DC, they actually have three stores. I'm thinking about buying Macross and Z-Gundam from them sometime this week or next.

I've heard of people having problems with slide cards and boot discs... not that they don't work, but that it's the fastest way to kill your PS2s DVD drive. Besides, I used to do disc-swapping with my old PSX, and it's really kind of a hassle after awhile. So, I decided to order a brand new PS2 online pack pre-modded with a DMS3 v9, so supposedly, I should be able to drop any US or Japanese (or backup) PSX or PS2 game in with no hassle. I think the price I got was just fair, nothing special, but the shipping was very reasonable, and the site was reviewed very highly. I'll let you guys know.

Edited by mikeszekely

• 2 weeks later...
There may yet be hope for seeing this game in the states......(see the Copright debate thread). Hopefully we'll know more this summer.

I can see it now...The packaging looks the same......the name looks the same......the intro comes up.....and POW!! Robotech 2 is what you are actually playing now :lol: . If they actually brought over good games like these without modifing them, but just translate them, we would have better games in the states other than the same 3D first person shooters and sports games. I sure hope they come out with it. The import one rocks!!

I got my pre-modded PS2!

It arrived in its original box (which was packed in newspaper inside a larger box), with ATV Offroad Fury 2 (It was the Online Bundle), and all the controllers and cords were still wrapped. Looks like they basically opened a new PS2, took the console out, modded it, tested it, and stuffed it back in the box.

At first it was kind of confusing, because you don't get any info on the modchip (aside from the fact that when you order it, you're told it's a DMS 3). It had no trouble reading American PS2 games and PSone games, but that's it. However, a quick check of the online manual for the DMS 3 tells you that if you're booting a non-legit, non-NTCS/UC PSone disc, you have to hold down the Circle button on the controller. After that, it booted my copies of Rockman Battle and Chase, Macross VF-X2, and Macross DYRL without any fuss. It also played my burned copies of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix.

It's taken me awhile longer to test it with PS2 discs. I placed an order (Macross and Z-Gundam: AEUG vs. Titans) with Starland, and they shipped it already. But with the holiday, I don't expect to recieve it until probably middle to end of next week. In the meantime, my friend loaned me his copy of I-Ninja. And after a little messing around, I made myself a nice copy. All-in-all, I'd say a pre-modded PS2 isn't the cheapest route for imports, but by far the least hastle.

Ok, just finished playing the Macross games today.. There are 2 different gameplay. One is the Promethius and the other is Armd-01.

They're both in different plot, the promethius follows hikaru's macross story while armd follows the dyrl story...

Just love the battle between Miria and the valk that I'm piloting.

I still can't get over of all the action..

Love the part where I pilot the GBP-1S and kicks the zentraedi ass.. :D

Still have to unlock another 5 hidden planes in the games....

Robotech looks bad compared to this awesome game..

I got my pre-modded PS2!

It arrived in its original box (which was packed in newspaper inside a larger box), with ATV Offroad Fury 2 (It was the Online Bundle), and all the controllers and cords were still wrapped. Looks like they basically opened a new PS2, took the console out, modded it, tested it, and stuffed it back in the box.

At first it was kind of confusing, because you don't get any info on the modchip (aside from the fact that when you order it, you're told it's a DMS 3). It had no trouble reading American PS2 games and PSone games, but that's it. However, a quick check of the online manual for the DMS 3 tells you that if you're booting a non-legit, non-NTCS/UC PSone disc, you have to hold down the Circle button on the controller. After that, it booted my copies of Rockman Battle and Chase, Macross VF-X2, and Macross DYRL without any fuss. It also played my burned copies of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix.

It's taken me awhile longer to test it with PS2 discs. I placed an order (Macross and Z-Gundam: AEUG vs. Titans) with Starland, and they shipped it already. But with the holiday, I don't expect to recieve it until probably middle to end of next week. In the meantime, my friend loaned me his copy of I-Ninja. And after a little messing around, I made myself a nice copy. All-in-all, I'd say a pre-modded PS2 isn't the cheapest route for imports, but by far the least hastle.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see where you got the pre-modded PS2 anywhere in your posts. Could you let me know where you got it? I wanna play Macross! :p

PM me please if you don't wanna leave it here. :)

Thanks!

H

I'will recive the game soon, i buyed it on Ebay here in Italy for a fair price. (I have a PS2 PAL modded with Messiah 2)

I'll post my opinion, i think the game must be good I watched some pics and the movie in the official site for the moment.

There is a 3D render version of the Macross opening? I saw a picture of the final part of the opening on IGN.com

Yes, the game is good. Better than Battlecry (though Battlecry was actually semi-decent...it surprised me). Best part...Sega AM2. I said it before and I'll say it again...put a good developer behind a license and chances are the game will be good and not suck. A lot of people doubted this game before it came out and with Macross games track records, I can't blame them. But, Sega AM2...c'mon, have faith!! ;)

I got my pre-modded PS2!

It arrived in its original box (which was packed in newspaper inside a larger box), with ATV Offroad Fury 2 (It was the Online Bundle), and all the controllers and cords were still wrapped.  Looks like they basically opened a new PS2, took the console out, modded it, tested it, and stuffed it back in the box.

At first it was kind of confusing, because you don't get any info on the modchip (aside from the fact that when you order it, you're told it's a DMS 3).  It had no trouble reading American PS2 games and PSone games, but that's it.  However, a quick check of the online manual for the DMS 3 tells you that if you're booting a non-legit, non-NTCS/UC PSone disc, you have to hold down the Circle button on the controller.  After that, it booted my copies of Rockman Battle and Chase, Macross VF-X2, and Macross DYRL without any fuss.  It also played my burned copies of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix.

It's taken me awhile longer to test it with PS2 discs.  I placed an order (Macross and Z-Gundam: AEUG vs. Titans) with Starland, and they shipped it already.  But with the holiday, I don't expect to recieve it until probably middle to end of next week.  In the meantime, my friend loaned me his copy of I-Ninja.  And after a little messing around, I made myself a nice copy.  All-in-all, I'd say a pre-modded PS2 isn't the cheapest route for imports, but by far the least hastle.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see where you got the pre-modded PS2 anywhere in your posts. Could you let me know where you got it? I wanna play Macross! :p

PM me please if you don't wanna leave it here. :)

Thanks!

H

Oops, my bad! I got it from Modchipman.com.

Also, I finally got a real Japanese PS2 game to play on it. I got Z Gundam: AEUG vs. Titans. Macross was backordered, but as far as I know, they're going to send it when the get it back in stock. You can check out my thoughts on AvsT here.

• 4 weeks later...
I got my pre-modded PS2!

I've just gotta say "Congratulations!" to you, 'cause I know that was the way I felt when I first got my PS2 modded. But if for nothing else, just like Mike and myself, this should stand as a notice to all of you PS2 gamers out there: GET YOUR PS2 MODDED! Its worth the price, in my opinion, if only to play Macross!

I got my pre-modded PS2!

I've just gotta say "Congratulations!" to you, 'cause I know that was the way I felt when I first got my PS2 modded. But if for nothing else, just like Mike and myself, this should stand as a notice to all of you PS2 gamers out there: GET YOUR PS2 MODDED! Its worth the price, in my opinion, if only to play Macross!

And SNES-Station. And PGEN. The old NES emulator for PSX works too. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

If you already own a PS2 can I still have it modded? I'm not computer savy at all but I really want to play import games....especially Macross! Is it possible or safe to send the PS2 to some one who can then Mod it if thier isn't any place near where I live? Thanks.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

In my opinion the game is amazing!

And not only for a Macross fan, It's a great-looking action game and the gameplay is very good.

Maybe they could have gone further in the prometheus mode, putting some "post earth destruction" missions, like the assault to the factory satellite and some action against the renegade zentraedis.

• 2 weeks later...
I got my pre-modded PS2!

What are those? And where do you get them? I had no idea there was a nes/snes emu for the PS1/2.

I got my pre-modded PS2!

What are those? And where do you get them? I had no idea there was a nes/snes emu for the PS1/2.

http://www.zophar.net/consoles/consoles.phtml