VFX2 full game in English!?!?

Jasonc

I thought it was IGN, but upon looking at the info, it was infact, Gamefaq that released that info. In the old forums, there was a link to it, but when it disappeared, I couldn't find the link anymore. As far as the new game, I'm all set to get it already. Money is saved and the mod chip for my PS2 is waiting as well. :D

On a somewhat-related note, how on earth are we supposed to burn the .BIN file on iMacross onto a CD such that we can play it on a m odded PlayStation? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Speaking of mod chips for the PS2. Have they actually come out with a chip that will let you play PSX@PS2 imports, PSX backups and PS2 backups and to make it even more interesting NOT require Phat soldering skills? Last time I checked mod chips would do either one or the other but not all. That and requires about 20 solder points in not so easy to solder locations. Hell I lucked out with my PSX since its a first generation all I had to do was plug in a module and bam I was there.

Yes, they've been out for a while. I got mine last year and it plays all backups for PS1/PS2, and legit imports for the PSX/PS2. It was just a plug mod, no soldering required. All that had to be done was rearrange some wires on the PS2. I forgot it's name, and unfortunately the site I bought it from went under earlier this summer. <_

When I next go to work (I work for Gamestop, for those who didn't read the Soul Calibur thread), I'll check our computers.

I remember it was supposed to come out on 1-7-00, and at 4:00 a.m. on 1-8-00 I had to take the exchanged student I was dating at the time to the airport because she was going back to her country. We were both really upset, because we were really in love, but we didn't know when we'd see each other again, and we'd never been in a long-distance relationship before. Well, by the time her plane had actually boarded and departed the Air Mall was opening, so I went to the EB there to see if they had it yet... and they told me that Bandai canceled it at the last minute. So, for those of you that were saying "I doubt they would redo the text," I was under the impression that the game was 100% when they canned it. I actually contacted Bandai of America, and they told me that it was "quality issues" that caused them to can the game, although I do suspect that HG might have had something to do with it.

Yeah, I guess I kind of believe that they could really be releasing it now. I mean, if the game was actually ready to ship when Bandai canceled it, and if they canceled it because of HG, they probably had them sitting in a warehouse somewhere. They figure that they release it now for a dead system without advertising it, they might not have to fight with HG, but they can still get them out of their inventory at almost no cost during this fiscal year.

Oh! Another thought occurred to me... if they're finally releasing the American version that they intended to release almost four years ago, that means that not only will we finally be able to follow VF-X2's excellent story, but we'll be able to fly the VF-5000! Sweet!

I wonder how far along the Engrish version of VF-X2 was, before it got scuttled by HG. My budddy downloaded a late beta copy of Thrill Kill some time after it got axed. It's too bad nothing VF-X related never leaked out.

I would assume that the game was at 100%, pressed, and cased with the inserts. It was still a go about a week before it's release date, so they cancelled it within that last week. Which would leave me to believe that there's a warehouse out there with a few containers of VF-X2s. And then that makes me think that maybe they really could release it now... since it's technically for a dead system, maybe if they don't advertise it aggressively, they can get it by HG now. That means that they could release the game at almost no cost this fiscal year, plus get them out of the warehouse. A few of us Macross fans snag the game, and Bandai quickly recovers their shipping costs. I know I'll buy it.

I would assume that the game was at 100%, pressed, and cased with the inserts. It was still a go about a week before it's release date, so they cancelled it within that last week. Which would leave me to believe that there's a warehouse out there with a few containers of VF-X2s. And then that makes me think that maybe they really could release it now... since it's technically for a dead system, maybe if they don't advertise it aggressively, they can get it by HG now. That means that they could release the game at almost no cost this fiscal year, plus get them out of the warehouse. A few of us Macross fans snag the game, and Bandai quickly recovers their shipping costs. I know I'll buy it.

IIRC, the English version was cancelled about 1-2 months before its release date. So the game was probably done and was just about to hit the factory for mass production. If, like you said, the game was cancelled only a week before it's release, then EB, Gamestop, Funcoland, TRU, Walmart, etc. would all have already had copies of the game in the their back rooms ready for release (they can sometimes recieve a game up to two weeks before the street date). What strikes me as odd is that not one employee bothered to rip and release the game to the Internet. Basically, 1 week before street date, a warez group would have already had a copy of the game (whether it be from the stores or corporate) and wouldn't have hesitated to release it. Releasing games early is a badge of honor for these guys.

With that in mind, Bandai of America probably had the completed game at their offices, but it never got past that point. Egan Loo was probably given an advance copy to review (or simply as a courtesy gift from BW). Even if the game had been pressed and recalled, Bandai would have eventually destroyed the discs. Storage space equals money, plus they wouldn't want to risk some unscrupluous employee(s) selling the games for a profit. Anyways, this is just my experience from working at a music/dvd store, so I'm assuming the same practices apply to the video game industry. SuperO would most likely know better. :)

thats great because i´ve havent played any of them :lol:

Well you should. :)

Check out some screen caps of some of the psx games in this thread: (click me)

Enjoy!!

looking at those pics makes me want to bust out my ps and play vf-x2....but i got a favor to ask someone ....can someone post some pics and narative of what happen at the endings(both) because i didnt have my ps modded i just had a gameshark type thing and whenever i beat the game it would just go to a black screen. thanks :)

I wonder how far along the Engrish version of VF-X2 was, before it got scuttled by HG. My budddy downloaded a late beta copy of Thrill Kill some time after it got axed. It's too bad nothing VF-X related never leaked out.

Off-topic, but I was an artist very briefly on Thrill Kill. The copy that was heavily downloaded isn't even the complete version, although people think it is. A complete version is out there somewhere, and there's even a "Developer's Edition" that was leaked, where certain Kill moves like Belladonna's bl**job/feet tickle made it in.

looking at those pics makes me want to bust out my ps and play vf-x2....but i got a favor to ask someone ....can someone post some pics and narative of what happen at the endings(both) because i didnt have my ps modded i just had a gameshark type thing and whenever i beat the game it would just go to a black screen. thanks :)

That is a problem that was in inherent in most copies of the game, IIRC. You can get a good understanding of the story from one of (the only?) walkthroughs at gamefaqs.com.

All beating the game would do is allow you play again with the option of using any of the Valkyries right from the beginning. Also, some of the missions gave you access to the armoured VF-1 and VF-11.

If, like you said, the game was cancelled only a week before it's release, then EB, Gamestop, Funcoland, TRU, Walmart, etc. would all have already had copies of the game in the their back rooms ready for release (they can sometimes recieve a game up to two weeks before the street date).

Who told you that retailers have these things sitting in their stockrooms for a week before the release?! I work for Gamestop, and I know for a fact that if you take the ship date as the release date, we get the game the day AFTER release. So, if the game was canned a week before release (which I believe it was), it would have been pressed, packaged, and ready to go, but NOT shipped. The only games we get before the street date are sometimes the really big hits, like GTA or Madden... and we sell those to the people who pre-ordered the games right away. Even in that case, Madden 04's street date would have put it at a Tuesday release... we had them at 8:30 on Monday night. Even when I used to work at Ames, we never got games before their street date, just music and games... again, the day before the street date.

Even if the game had been pressed and recalled, Bandai would have eventually destroyed the discs. Storage space equals money, plus they wouldn't want to risk some unscrupluous employee(s) selling the games for a profit.

You'd think so, wouldn't you?

http://www.atariprotos.com/5200/software/g...ns/gremlins.htm

A tale of treachery, tragedy, and ultimately of triumph.

Also incredibly mind-numbingly stupid.

I wouldn't be suprised if Bandai release it. They've been release a lot of games lately that weren't originally released in America. For instance Inu Yasha, DBZ and Gundam Battle Assult 2. Neither of these have complete translations (especially Inu Yasha). The great thing is that they are selling them for cheap. I got each of these 3 at Target for $19. I've got VFX2 already that I play on PC (it looks better and runs better than on PS1) but I would still buy it again for $19 just to understand the story.