New Macross Game from Sega for PS2

twich

As much as I'm looking forward to this game(will be picking up a boot disc to play) just because its by Sega/AM2, it doesn't mean it will be great, good, or even so so. Having such high hopes will just ruin things for you when the game doesn't live up to the high standards you've some how placed upon the game in my opinion.

The game may used DYRL? designs but wasn't it said that it actually follows the SDF Macross TV storyline from beginning to finish?

As much as I'm looking forward to this game(will be picking up a boot disc to play) just because its by Sega/AM2, it doesn't mean it will be great, good, or even so so. Having such high hopes will just ruin things for you when the game doesn't live up to the high standards you've some how placed upon the game in my opinion.

The game may used DYRL? designs but wasn't it said that it actually follows the SDF Macross TV storyline from beginning to finish?

It will most likely follow the DYRl story... with Hikary already a pilot and everything.

Or maybe its just SDF Macross with DYRL designs, for a possible US release.

These two screenshots alone lead me to believe it will follow the SDF-Macross storyline with, as Abombz stated above, DYRL designs.

The first is, obviously, Booby Trap. And the second is when the silly humans (who are meddling with things beyond their comprehension) decide to fold a tad to close to the surface, dragging half of South Ataria island with them to Pluto.

post-6-1062000274_thumb.jpg

These two screenshots alone lead me to believe it will follow the SDF-Macross storyline with, as Abombz stated above, DYRL designs.

The first is, obviously, Booby Trap. And the second is when the silly humans (who are meddling with things beyond their comprehension) decide to fold a tad to close to the surface, dragging half of South Ataria island with them to Pluto.

Well... we don't know exactly what happened before the DYRL movie. For all was know... Booby Trap did happen and so did the folding over South Atalia island.

All that we can be sure about the DYRL story line is that Hikaru was already a pilot and he doesn't meet Minmei untill she becomes a star.

I'm not too impressed with the screenshots thus far. They are the best 3D Valkrie models I've seen yet, but trumping previous games' Valkyries isn't much of a feat. Considering it's 2003, the graphics look heavily dated. Here's hoping the gameplay is on point.

Like I said in the other forums..... Sega is probably just wanting to get it out of the way. But like I learned with Wind Waker.... a game looks far different in motion.

I'm not too impressed with the screenshots thus far. They are the best 3D Valkrie models I've seen yet, but trumping previous games' Valkyries isn't much of a feat. Considering it's 2003, the graphics look heavily dated. Here's hoping the gameplay is on point.

Ditto. But.....from the official website the 3D Fighter models look a little off. I hoping this game will at least be fun.....from AM-2's track record I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

Is the animated intro of the Sega Saturn's verisoin of DYRL going to relate to this game?

I'm not too impressed with the screenshots thus far.  They are the best 3D Valkrie models I've seen yet, but trumping previous games' Valkyries isn't much of a feat.  Considering it's 2003, the graphics look heavily dated.  Here's hoping the gameplay is on point.

Ditto. But.....from the official website the 3D Fighter models look a little off. I hoping this game will at least be fun.....from AM-2's track record I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

Is the animated intro of the Sega Saturn's verisoin of DYRL going to relate to this game?

Hopefully... they will animate the cut scenes instead of using in game engine. <_<

Hmm maybe this could be all DYRL?, like said it could start off the same way as SDF did and then fill in the things DYRL? didn't cover(events before the movie actually starts) and then throught the movie and then after it. That would be nice :D .

What would be slick of them would be for them to actually include subtitles in the game(knowing that people outside of japan will most likely import the game if they can't official release it outside of Japan). ;)

Hmm maybe this could be all DYRL?, like said it could start off the same way as SDF did and then fill in the things DYRL? didn't cover(events before the movie actually starts) and then throught the movie and then after it. That would be nice :D .

What would be slick of them would be for them to actually include subtitles in the game(knowing that people outside of japan will most likely import the game if they can't official release it outside of Japan). ;)

You never know what BW might want to pull here. :lol:

But like I learned with Wind Waker.... a game looks far different in motion.

You make a very good point. I guess I'm still jaded after the previous 3D flops.

Effect: You could be on to something, there's precedent where Japanese games have been released along with full English text (ie: Vampire Savior for Saturn). The only problem would be the sheer amount of text and dialogue in your typical Macross game. Here's hoping anyway. :)

Hmm maybe they'll do the plot kinda like how SRW @ did it put combine the two plots into one and make them fit! But whatever I'll buy it anyway. :D

LOL... I would love to fly around and watch Shin Getta and Mazin Kaiser sink a Zentradi ship.

Or maybe watch Amuro and Char blow up som Glaugs. :D

Well, I'm pretty much psyched for the game. Hopefully AM2 will churn out something good.....hmmmm..... :ph34r:

Hope fully they will. They're the same guys that brought to us aerowings / aero elite that is more flight simulator than an arcade shooter.

I REALLY REALLY wish there's a COCKPIT VIEW.

The screenshots of this game make BC look like a cheap puppet show. The only reason I got BC when it came out was because it was only 30 bucks at CC. But this game, if its brough over here and the game play is good, I'm all over it. BC got pretty repetitive after a while.

I'm hoping Bandai wants to bring it here. Because Bandai does whatever they want, they have a team of super sentai ninja lawyers ready to assasinate HG's claims.

Well if anyone wants to get it, but not have to mod their PS2 you could get this...

The Swap Magic PS2 boot disk

http://www.easybuy2000.com/store/playstati...20II/index.html

wow, never knew about the slide card,

i've got my ps2 modded with the PS2 Cover using the swap magic discs and it works great.

my buddy had the knife method, but i didn't want to do that, i stood in line for 4 hours way back when to get my PS2, so it's one of the originals, so no more warranty. i didn't mine opening it up. had to clean the dust out anyway :)

But this is one game I will be importing! I just wished for once that they would design all the games using the english language. I know most/all the people in Japan can read/write english. I just started my japanese class last night, it's going to be a long year...

Edited by Chowser

Meh. That quote could be re-interpreted as saying, "I have no objection, in the abstract, to Americans buying and playing my game." It's not even as strong a comment as "We've considered looking into the possibility of the eventual chance of releasing the game in other markets, such as the U.S."

I, for one, am planning on im porting my first game ever if it turns out to be any good...

Meh. That quote could be re-interpreted as saying, "I have no objection, in the abstract, to Americans buying and playing my game." It's not even as strong a comment as "We've considered looking into the possibility of the eventual chance of releasing the game in other markets, such as the U.S."

I, for one, am planning on im porting my first game ever if it turns out to be any good...

I agree with you. That last paragraph doesn't seem too overly enthusiacstic :( We'll just have to wait and see :unsure:

I agree as well, I won't get excited, until I read, "...it is slated for release in the U.S. in [insert date here]..."

I'm not going to pay about $100 (about $60 to for the game, and about $40 to get a boot disk) to play this, I like Macross as much as everyone here but $100 to play a game, it's just not going to happen at this point in time.

Forget about the pictures... check out these movies!

http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/...ross/index.html

Just click on the 'Movie' button and a pop-up window will open.

Unfortunately right now not all movies can be viewed... but the ones I was able to watch were great!!!

Real authentic Macross sounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really leaning more and more towards going to Japan in X'mas... but not only is the plane ticket expensive, but the games I want to buy (Gundam Sora + Macross) will be too...

$$$

Edited by Adventure

well, it looks like the server is too busy, here's the first four movies

mms://stream.odn.ne.jp/media042/Macros01_300k.wmv

mms://stream.odn.ne.jp/media042/Macros02_300k.wmv

mms://stream.odn.ne.jp/media042/Macros03_300k.wmv

mms://stream.odn.ne.jp/media042/Macros04_300k.wmv

i'm getting the 404 for the 5th.

ah well, guess i'll have to wait for middle of the night JAPAN time (it's 5:33am for me right now)

I just tried checking the first movie and it played kinda choppy.......it was great to hear the classic DYRL dogfight music again. Wow......I agree with the rest of you guys....this could be my first imported PS2 game. :ph34r: