1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

or it *could've been* !

issues plagueing the Ivanov first release made buyers to hold off from buying the toy. IIRC, frosty canopy (mine too), wrong wing joints (not on mine)...

the worse part is, in my case (and some others too) the upper hips are cracked (bought it cheap, so buyer's remorse wasnt in full throttle). The upper hips are comprised of 3 different sections, lowest on my left cracked & middle of my right cracked. From what I saw, the plastics are too thin and brittle on these parts, and the gerwalk-joint locking mechanism that pushes against the inner wall furhter stresses the plastic walls. It is almost certain that the walls will crack if mishandled (note : previous owner).

Luckily I did similar fix on a VF-22 Gamlin, so nothing drabs of ABS plastic cement cant fix! Seems to be holding up pretty well, but almost 4-5 hours out the window to do the fixing...jeeze.

*end of rant*

Do you mean it's ability to stand freely without flopping downward in battriodmode, I have that problem too. It's like Yamato did not test the inner parts to make sure they held the metal bar in place to make sure it stays in place. I was thinking of applying pieces of black tape to reeinforce the parts on mine.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Do you mean it's ability to stand freely without flopping downward in battriodmode, I have that problem too. It's like Yamato did not test the inner parts to make sure they held the metal bar in place to make sure it stays in place. I was thinking of applying pieces of black tape to reeinforce the parts on mine.

Yeah, theyre pretty loose too. but what I meant is the cross sectional wall thickness is pretty thin and cracks easily.

I guess what Arcadia could improve if they ever decided to rework the SV-51 prolly are the thighs areas. make em shorter in battroid (like the sliding mechanism on the 19) and thicker plastics

• 3 weeks later...

Very pretty :wub:

Edit: Oh, these are the old ones. Still pretty though!

Yep, but its a timeless beauty just like the VF-1. :) I'll take new photos soon. Not sure if I have the guts to transform it though. :unsure:

I love the DOF shots.

So do I, they can really bring out the subject.

damn, i want to bust out my 4g now...

Do it, it needs to be swoooshed around at least once. :D

Guest davidwhangchoi

Thanks, its quite a photogenic Valkyrie. Nice clean lines.

Hahaha! Showing her pictures of her sister on the other side of the country. Did you do any swooshing?

yeah, right now :wub:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

yeah, right now :wub:

hehe :)

it is almost impossible not to touch one VF and not swoosh it around. I always does when I re-arrange something from the display. :lol:

I agree, that's why it has taken me so longer than expected to setup my display cases. The swooshing time was not accounted for. :lol:

I'm hoping that Arcadia will re-issue this one day in Hikaru's Skull Squadron color scheme from Macross Flashback...I can dream right?

Congratulations Saburo for getting one!

I hope they release that one too! Let's hope they do it.

Thanks!

I have this urge to buy two VF-25's with Fast packs & Tornado packs & stands all of a sudden...

*Emperor Palpatine voice* Yes... yes...

Nice setup Saburo. I really like the double-decker configuration on the YetiStands. That is how I have a few of mine.

Thank you, this configuration works well within the space of a Detolf. ;)

I have the tornado pack for the 25G and haven't put it on the valk yet. Just been contemplating it for literally, months now. Your pics make me think I should "do the right thing" now. Sooooo pretty....

You should, they look awesome!

Since Michael had a photo session, Klan got some shots taken too. :D

16073168989_bd7de2284c_b.jpg

16233394786_e7c116f694_b.jpg

Nice getting the VF-4 and Quedulunn Rare Saburo. I finally finished my edits with my YF-19 at last, but with flickr's security certificate expired my computer's browser is not letting me upload any pics. Bummer why did they go for a one month certificate, did you have any problems on your end.

I really hope Bandai reissues the VF-25G next. Great photos Saburo!

Thank you! Every other hero VF-25 got reissued lets hope for the G next.

Nice getting the VF-4 and Quedulunn Rare Saburo. I finally finished my edits with my YF-19 at last, but with flickr's security certificate expired my computer's browser is not letting me upload any pics. Bummer why did they go for a one month certificate, did you have any problems on your end.

I haven't noticed anything, my last upload were these pictures and that was on the 11th.

Nice shots, Saburo, as usual :)

Dang, that reminds me that I have my 25g tornado packs to do... grr... That's been sitting on the backburner forever.

I also forgot about my Q-Rhea still sitting in the HLJ warehouse waiting for something to be shipped along with it.

Thank you, time to get started on the 25G Tornado packs, can't wait to see your work on those.

Very very nice. I may have to 'borrow' that setup. Are those both XL arms on the dual?

Hehe, no they are regular arms, dual arm and elbow. I had initially used the XL arm for the lower arm, but with the wing span of the tornado parts that configuration won't fit into a Detolf.

Look like two standard length, one dual arm, and an elbow.

Which can all be found here.

Yep, Yeti got it. :)