Yamato 1/200 Scale Macross Collection Figures

Graham

So, anyone got the second series already? So far I only see HLJ stock them, no other on-line shop or even any local shop in Hong Kong have them, not sure why :unsure:

I got mine from Overdrive. Glad to see a series 3.... since series 2 didn't have an insert I was beginning to wonder if the line was going to die.

Is that a Crusader? A Crusader figure? Don't tell me that will be the secret hard to get valk......

There is no chase figure in VFC2. You get all 12 toys... up from VFC1's 10.

Edited by jenius

Good thing I happened by! Thanks EXO. I've been happy with the quality of the first set (except for that reversed UN SPacy thing). The dimensions are good and these look great too. It will be nice to get the fan liner since my daughter squashed the one I scratchbuilt! Less work for me now ^_^ ! -MT

It'll look great with your project! We need to get that in at the MWCon when it's done. How to fly it over??? no idea.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so what in the world is the Fan Liner.

And is it just me or doest eh VF-3000 Crusader look almost identical to the VF-1? I seem to recall that the VF-3000 is supposed to look different.

Still i have the other two sets so i'll likely get this set too. Although if Bandai hurries with their VF100s line and captures these obscure Valks too, I may swtich gears.

Just got my first Set of theses. From HLJ by SAL got them in one week.

Set #1 On Sale and I'm liking them. I didn't think they are worth the Full Price. I'll buy Set #2 when they go on Sale. I was afraid about the blind sets. The VA-3 doesn't thrill me and I did want to find 10 VA-3 in Gerwalk mode. Ended up with three VA-3 one in each mode, three VF-1J in each mode, three YF-19 in each mode and Low Vis Battroid. Some of the Battroid's have wide leg stance that makes it hard for them to stay on the stand.

Thanks for that update Jenius! I loved the review on your site and I'm glad we're getting more for our money (though costing more of it) with this wave (I posted accordingly). Waiting on wave three...! - MT

Take a look at these 1/200 DIECAST models if you want detail and craftsmanship...price is of course higher than that of a Gashapon, but truly amazing detail, you'd think it's a 1/72 or even bigger if I hadn't told you it IS 1/200!

Too bad they never made anything Macross (license?) but a company from Japan (Gulliver) did a diecast MAVE Yukikaze.

Edited by regult

Thanks guys! I already have a few of Guliver's 1/200 models. You DO need a magnifying glass to read all the "do not steps" and other details! - MT

Edited by MechTech

Last time took about three months or so If I remember correctly. I of course was wondering the same. I'm hoping they even release it! Sales from the other set don't seem to be as common. - MT

• 7 months later...

OK, had a reply back from Yamato. Basically they said that they have been really busy and the VFC series 3 got put aside and they sort of forgot all about it.

Anyway, they are going to have a meeting to discuss whether on not to still release it (I gather series 1 & 2 where not huge sellers).

There is some discussion about using a different material instead of ABC+PVC (I believe PU was mentioned) and having them fully painted. Apparently this would not affect the cost, or would even result in a cheaper selling price.

But basically, it's all up in the air at the moment. So don't give up hope. These may still be released in some form.

I will post again when I hear more.

Graham

A MAJOR THANK YOU Graham for checking into this! Let them know there are some fanatics out there in 1/200 scale. In fact, I belong to a group of 1/200 scale modelers. I'll have them put these in there newsletter if they decide to release!

I'm working on all the ground vehicles to go with these. I'll post some pictures and hopefully mold some after the holidays. - MT