Official MacrossWorld Convention 2010 Information Thread

Just a note to let you all know that we are planning a very cool video project for the convention so that we can upload most of the events (if not all of the events as well as other cool stuff) to the web, and people who can not attend will be able to watch. Also those of us who are there can watch ourselves later.

Still I would really encourage everyone near and far to to attend this convention in person. This is going to be the most epic of all macrossworld conventions and the venue is super nice. Also encourage those who are attending to bring your awesome rare and custom macross goodies to display and show off. Even though I had to travel several hundred miles in a small honda with my back seat carrying my most prized macross diorama and figures, it was totally worth it to bring and show off.

I hope to see a lot of you in LA at the con.

Hi everyone! My name is Jenny, I'm one of the JACers, and thought I'd join and introduce myself, though I should be studying for finals xD. MacrossWorld sounds like it'll be a blast this year though, and hopefully I'll get to meet some of you at AX before MacrossWorld! (heading to that thread now xD)

And for karaoke song lyrics, I normally use Gendou, they're pretty accurate, though they don't always have all the songs I need. Are you guys planning on printing them out for the con? Putting them in a binder or something? Anyways, I'm always up for karaoke!

Hi everyone! My name is Jenny, I'm one of the JACers, and thought I'd join and introduce myself, though I should be studying for finals xD. MacrossWorld sounds like it'll be a blast this year though, and hopefully I'll get to meet some of you at AX before MacrossWorld! (heading to that thread now xD)

And for karaoke song lyrics, I normally use Gendou, they're pretty accurate, though they don't always have all the songs I need. Are you guys planning on printing them out for the con? Putting them in a binder or something? Anyways, I'm always up for karaoke!

Welcome to the boards Jenny!! and i'd also like to introduce Tweetychick630 as our Volunteer Coordinator for MW con 10! She'll be working on making a list of volunteer needs and scheduling volunteers throughout the event. I'm glad she joined to boards so if you are interested in volunteering during the actual event, you can PM her or contact her. We'll give you more details about how to sign up to volunteer later on though.

Welcome to MacrossWorld!

Thanks for the heads up on the lyrics. At the very least we'll have them printed out for con but we're hoping to be able to do something more elaborate.

Hi Jenny... here's a sample of the type of karaoke lyrics we're going to do for the con

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_j_MWSx6rU

We should be able to have a laptop in front of the performer and also have it projected to a screen so that the audience can see the lyrics as well.

I just checked out that site. It should have enough of the lyrics we need to make a good selection.

Jason, check out the Macross list on that site and see which of those songs you can output to a DVD or flash drive.

If there's anyone that would like to volunteer making the videos for us that would be awesome. It's pretty easy and I'll be willing to teach anyone how to do it. I did it on Microsoft Powerpoint. I don't even think we need to output it to a youtube version for the con, we can just use powerpoint to project it.

Hi Jenny... here's a sample of the type of karaoke lyrics we're going to do for the con

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_j_MWSx6rU

We should be able to have a laptop in front of the performer and also have it projected to a screen so that the audience can see the lyrics as well.

I just checked out that site. It should have enough of the lyrics we need to make a good selection.

Jason, check out the Macross list on that site and see which of those songs you can output to a DVD or flash drive.

If there's anyone that would like to volunteer making the videos for us that would be awesome. It's pretty easy and I'll be willing to teach anyone how to do it. I did it on Microsoft Powerpoint. I don't even think we need to output it to a youtube version for the con, we can just use powerpoint to project it.

I'll be checking the site tonight, and (I'm guessing) should have just about all the songs. Now, for a good number of songs, I have with the singer and w/o. Do you want both, only one type, and which songs do you want me to pull from? All series, or just specific ones? It'll determine how many CDs I need to go through.

Okay random thought I had one day, for you board old-timers, do you remember that old thread waaaaaaaaay back when the v1 1/60 cannon fodder was released at TRU first and we all put our names down for what numbers we were going to put on our CFs? Well I think that thread has gone the way of the dodo like the rest of the old board but I thought it would be fun if we could take a big group picture of CFs at MWCon10.

So for anyone coming, can you guys bring a CF whether 1/60, 1/48, or even 1/55 so we can take a big squadron pic? Anyone interested in doing this? Back on the old board I had 240 for my designation but I'm gonna claim 24 now.

I'll bring my 1/48 CF :D Anybody know what time the con will start and end? Im planning on getting my plane tickets soon, and Im thinking about arriving in LA on the 8th, probably get a hotel for 2 days. My sister lives in near Napa Valley and she'll be picking me up on Sunday.

Edited by Gunpod71

Hey all, I'm pleased to show you the first flyer of the con. As more info comes out as far as what will be showcased at the con, the info will be added to the flyer. Hope you enjoy.

post-582-127683674623_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jasonc

Hey all, I'm pleased to show you the first flyer of the con. As more info comes out as far as what will be showcased at the con, the info will be added to the flyer. Hope you enjoy.

you guys should do a shirt run with that design, its so beautiful!

Excellent job! That '10 Con poster is uber awesome. Looks better than what Bandai can come up with for their posters/boxarts. :D

Thanks guys. All I really did was provide images and some ideas, but my wife is the one who put it together. She's a graphics designer, and a damn good one. There is a high res version of this, and a poster size can actually be done (800 DPI version) It may be a good one to use for a welcome board for the con.

In looking at the flyer, what a cool show that would be to see all those characters in one concert, hahaha. This will be the flyer that gets passed around to various conventions, and put in a couple anime and comic book shops (if they're willing).

Edited by Jasonc

Thanks for putting this up Jason! I'll add it to the front page info soon. Do you also have a thumbnail version of it so we can put it on the main site link?

Shouldn't be too hard to create. When Cheryl and I get home from dinner tonight, we'll email it to you.

Utsukushii. B))

EDIT: these would have been perfect to bring to Fanime.

Can we bring those to AX in two weeks?

I would hope you guys do pass some out at AX. If we can get enough printed out, it shouldn't be a problem. And for the record, if anyone is going to any other conventions in the near future, and would like to pass out flyers, let me know, let me know. There's Macross fans all over this country, and I think it'd be cool to get some coming from everywhere.

Thanks for the welcome KiriK! And sorry for the late reply, finals, graduation, and AX preparations have been killer XD. And now I start summer school tomorrow! :slumps in chair:

@>EXO< - I think I'd be down with making a few of the lyrics, did you export it from Powerpoint to Windows Movie Maker and time it that way? If you let me know the general standards (how many lines per slide, whether you want backgrounds in each video, font and size). I'd probably be most comfortable making Macross Frontier videos, as that's the one I'm most familiar with xD

Actually, now that I think about it, one of my friends put the karaoke to one of Nakajima's Seikan Hikou performances for me (I think it's still up here: http://hemineko.net/share/Seikan_Hikou_Karaoke.wmv though it's 171MB xD), so I can try to add lyrics to that kind of thing (have videos instead of backgrounds in the karaoke video for some of them? Or different versions, if that's not too ambitious xD)

And the fliers look awesome =D. If I can finish my Ranka cosplay in time and make it to the Macross Frontier gathering for AX, I'd love to pass out some fliers too =D

Edited by tweetychick630

Hello Friends,

I'm still up to bringing my turntables and DJing my Anime vinyl collection for both days. A ton a new records for this year and it will be Macross focused as last year.

Like the last two years I will also be reporting for CollectionDX.

I will PM you with more info.

Thanks again,

Leonardo Flores

Edited by modcineaste

@tweetychick... that's awesome. You can do video if you want or whatever is better for you. We'll coordinate everything as soon as we get a hold of all the songs from Jason.

@Modcineaste... we have to make sure all our equipement works together so will figure it out soon.

@UN Spacy... awesome man, you couldn't have picked a better con to go to. This year is gonna be full of surprises.

I'd say look for hotels further south of UCLA or try to find someone to share the room with. Westwood is smack down the middle of Beverly Hills, Bel Air, Santa Monica. Pretty high end neighborhoods. But if you can find someone to stay there with, it'll give you plenty of places to see and go eat without having to drive. But if you insist on something less... look further south of Overland or Westwood Blvd maybe as far as below the 10 FWY.

What!? Hehe... I thought you had a new project for this 10th anniversay? Regardless, I'm not gonna miss out on this to be epic MWcon!!

Yeah, i am going to bring my 1/55 as well as other stuff. Some new projects too.

GREAT JOB JASON AND CHERYL!!! Love love love the flyer :D

GREAT JOB JASON AND CHERYL!!! Love love love the flyer :D

Thanks Viv! Actually did some revisions from the one posted so we could fit two-up on a 8.5"x11" – more to pass out for AX. We'll see you and the family on Friday! Can't wait for the concert!!! :D

Hello everyone.... Here we are at the third leg of the sale. And this time it's the lovely VF2SS Super Armor Pack!!!

plussamplesmall.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mplusshirt.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cut Off date for this shirt is July 15 so we can take it to production. Please PM me with quantity and size.

Each shirt is going to be $20 + shipping in the US + 4% paypal fees :( (26 shipped for one shirt within the US.)

Combined shipping for multiple shirts and international shipping is available.

All proceeds will go to equipment, contest prizes, give aways, display setup, flyers and other convention necessities.

Thank You.